Chris_w vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After spending over 6 weeks waiting for my charges info, and reading as much as possible about re claiming them. I have just finished typing up my request for payment. I will be posting it recorded/special delivery tomorrow. I have to admit I'm a bit nervy as my claim is for £9346:eek: and I won't be able to use the small claims court. With a bit of luck it won't get to court. Wish me luck:)

Just carry on with your claim as normal.

You will be fine. Any problems, just ask.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

I got the standard we're sorry to hear your not happy bla! bla! bla! but we're not refunding you your charges letter today. They have replied early so do I give them the full 14 days, or do I send my LBA.

Lba!

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

I'm ready to file at court but before I do I would like some advice. I've just been away for two weeks and upon return recieved the new standard go away letter form the Halifax (all claims on hold , will apply for stay Blah Blah) My question is this. If the OFT looses will I be liable for court costs as my claim is to large for the small claim's track?

I've Just been reading through the new POC for Halifax. I am trying to fill out my N1 but the POC reads in the past-tence as if the account is no longer open. Is this right or do I need to change the wording to the present-tence to reflect the fact that the account is still open. Sorry to sound a bit dim, but I don't want to mess things up on a technicality.

It is fine as it is.

All you need to do is add your details.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

HI Chris,

Just carry on as SSL advised you. Youll be OK.

I wouldnt worry too much over the letter off Halifax, just trying to scare you off I reckon Ive also had same and yet my claim is awaiting Judgement. I think they are a bit like headless chickens at the moment, and Id like to bet they are more than a little concerned about the Test case ( They have an awful lot to lose when we win) so tryin to put as many ppl off claiming as poss.

Good Luck we are all backing you up so GO GET THEM!

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• 1 month later...

[quote

Good luck with this one. I'm going to start my Halifax CC soon but i'm still waiting for them to respond to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) its been 60 days now and even after a LBA they still have not responded.

You can give them a call to see where they are, but you should file at court if you get no response.

Here is what you need....

N1 FORM

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

NON COMPLIANCE POC

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

60 days is far too long to have to wait..!!!:rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks SSL this thread is for my current account. I am ready to file I just have the small matter of £250 to find. As regards my CC account I have a complaint letter to the Info-Com's office ready to send. I will give the Info Com two weeks then I will file an N1 at my local court.

Aaaah, makes more sense now. :p

Let us know how you get on.

F&Q's... Read here