• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mcuth v RBoS ***WON***

mcuth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only the 'norm' for them unfortunately eh?:rolleyes:

Still it does mean another step closer to completion.....

Well yeah, but I was sooo looking forward to writing my letter to the court tomorrow asking for default judgement - I had a lovely draft already planned *sigh*

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

He who waits Michael :D

nearly there mate, nearly there

BTW if you get chance i have drafted a little paper of my own, in the form of a prelim (last post at bottom of page) on the RBS front. If you get chance would you cast your eye over it and let me know your thoughts mate.

cheers in advance... Johnny

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-495468.html

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Just spoken to the court again - apparently the Application to Strike is listed for a hearing on 30th April @ 2pm. I'll update when I see the paper arrive in the post.

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Just spoken to the court again - apparently the Application to Strike is listed for a hearing on 30th April @ 2pm. I'll update when I see the paper arrive in the post.

Lo & behold the order was in the post when I got home, dated 2nd March:

Notice of DEFENDANT'S APPLICATION

TAKE NOTICE that the DEFENDANT'S APPLICATION will take place on

30 April 2007 at 2.00PM

at Swindon County Court, The Law Courts, Islington Street, Swindon, SN1 2HG

When you should attend

40 MINUTES has been allowed for the DEFENDANT'S APPLICATION

Please Note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different Court

(Not suitable for telephone conference)

And BTW, the Defendant is still marked as National Westminster Bank Plc :rolleyes:

BTW, at the end of last week, I also received a copy of Cobbett's AQ - they don't wish a stay of a month, are requesting Fast Track, don't wish to use expert witnesses and estimate their costs thus far at £300. The last box of section H says:

The Defendant submitted an Application to strike out the Claim on 16 February 2007, pursuant to CPR Part 3.4(2)(a). The Claim was issued by the Claimant under CPR Part 7 on 18 December 2006 (there's that 18th December bit again, it was issued on 15th!) and is therefore time barred from bringing a Claim of unauthorised bank charges prior to 18 December 2000 by the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The majority of the charges detailed on the Claimant's schedule are therefore time barred together with the Claimant's claim for interest on those charges. The Defendant calculates that the Claimant's correct schedule should be for £50 charges and £14.80 interest. On 14 February 2007 the Defendant paid to the Claimant the sum of £94.80 being the amount of charges incurred on the Claimant's account within 6 years of the issue date, together with interest at 8% at a sum of £14.80 and a sum of £30 which represents the correct Court fee had the Claim been issued correctly.

The Defendant therefore respectfully requests that this Claim be struck out.

Cheers

Michael

Can't offer any advice - you've been down this road far more than I, however I just wanted to offer my encouragement and best wishes - sock it to 'em mate.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Hi Michael,

What do you make of the application and is it just what you expected ?

i know cobbetts are especially bad for nit picking but this all seems a bit excessive even for them.

johnny

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

FWIW

I have held for a while that there are tow issues the banks will defend, limitations act is one, contractual interest is the other.

If the former becomes then norm and widely reported, then this increases the banks liability significantly and their best chance to avoid this is to get claims struck out if they can.

The second issue also increases their liability significantly and again the same hopes applies.

All the more reason to offer MCUTH and aoyne else faced with this situation any help and support we can.

If there is anything i can do let me know Michael. best of luck

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Can't offer any advice - you've been down this road far more than I, however I just wanted to offer my encouragement and best wishes - sock it to 'em mate.

What do you make of the application and is it just what you expected ?

I thought I made that quite clear in this post :D

I have held for a while that there are tow issues the banks will defend, limitations act is one, contractual interest is the other.

If the former becomes then norm and widely reported, then this increases the banks liability significantly and their best chance to avoid this is to get claims struck out if they can.

The second issue also increases their liability significantly and again the same hopes applies.

All the more reason to offer MCUTH and aoyne else faced with this situation any help and support we can.

If there is anything i can do let me know Michael. best of luck

Thanks Glenn, appreciate it.

Speaking in general now, although I'd rather have seen the application struck out (it still galls me that the judge hasn't said that they should get the Defendant right!), I'm quite happy that I'll be getting my spot in court.

Since their Application only mentions the LA as a reason for there not being "reasonable grounds", then that looks to be the battle we're going to have on 30th April, and one I can honestly see that I have a good chance of winning. That's the key I think - once I've got permission to go on with LA restriction, Robert will be your Dad's brother :D

Interesting notes:

i) In Cobbett's AQ, they request the Fast Track - that'd suit me, because once it gets allocated, then they're going to be in for standard disclosure - and I don't think they've thought about that - they're just too reliant on this LA defence

ii) The note at the bottom of the hearing notice about different judge, different court. I have a feeling that's a positive sign that I'll get a judge with an indepth knowledge of the LA.

Cheers

Michael

The impliactions are that the bank have to provide their costs. historically they have settled rather than comply with standard disclosure.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Today received from Cobbetts Allocation Questionaire can anyone advise how to fill this in, also the defence paperwork do i have to do anything with that, also request for further information and clarification this looks so daunting and confusing also do i have to pay £100 on return of any of the paperwork? I have to reply by 15th March, i am also going away on a course for work on 13th March therefore need urgent help.

I have looked through so many posts but cant find the help i need.

Many thanks for your help

Today received from Cobbetts Allocation Questionaire can anyone advise how to fill this in, also the defence paperwork do i have to do anything with that, also request for further information and clarification this looks so daunting and confusing also do i have to pay £100 on return of any of the paperwork? I have to reply by 15th March, i am also going away on a course for work on 13th March therefore need urgent help.

I have looked through so many posts but cant find the help i need.

Many thanks for your help

If your claim is over £1500, then yes, there's £100 to pay when you file the Allocation Questionnaire (AQ) and there's a guide to filling in an AQ here (make sure you know which form you've been sent - N149 or N150).

Regarding the request for further information, does it mention anything about CPR part 18? If your claim is under £5000 and therefore likely to be on the small claims track, then there's no requirement for you to comply with this - see this thread for details of how to reply to it.

Also, if you want to file a "reply to defence", you must do so at or before the time that you file the AQ - not later.

HTH

Cheers

Michael

On filling in the Allocation Questionaire i am totally confused what does it all mean about proposed directions i have looked at several posts but cant work out what they mean, also other information on the form (have you sent these documents to the other parties) i sent the list of interest charges and bank charges to the bank when first starting the process or do they mean have i sent documents to Cobbetts? I am getting worried about this form my claim is for £5999 can this still go through small claims court?

Y'know I noticed that early but thought I was going colourblind :razz:

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Janet, I can't help I'm afraid, but have some patience! I appreciate you might be fretting but the majority of people are probably not around until work finishes.

Rest assured I'm sure someone will have you a response later on this evening. Your post won't be ignored, no need to repeatedly chase it ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

jasnet have a read through here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

draft directions are your suggestion to the court about things that should happen leading up to the claim and the hearing. There may also be issues about what happebns during the hearing but the link above will help you.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Mcuth, you've gone green! Are congratulations in order?

Thanks :) Yes, as some of you may have noticed, I turned green yesterday :oops:

On filling in the Allocation Questionaire i am totally confused what does it all mean about proposed directions i have looked at several posts but cant work out what they mean, also other information on the form (have you sent these documents to the other parties) i sent the list of interest charges and bank charges to the bank when first starting the process or do they mean have i sent documents to Cobbetts? I am getting worried about this form my claim is for £5999 can this still go through small claims court?

Janet - Glenn points you in the right direction to the thread that discusses the draft order for directions. In the case of "have you sent these documents to the other parties", it's referring to the AQ & any supporting draft orders/applications that you might be sending in with it. As your claim is over £5k, it's unlikely to be dealt with in small claims, where the limit is £5k.

That said, your questions are really best asked on your own thread. Feel free to post a link to it here, but please don't hijack my thread about my RBoS claim - thanks.

Cheers

Michael

well, how goes the chameleon?

No updates, all quiet on the Western Front :D

To be honest, I don't expect there to be any news before 30th April when we're up for the Application Hearing....

Cheers

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Hi McCuth,

I am just subscribing to your thread and wish you all the best.

I am also going for CI for a total of £12k however, what really scares me is the prospect of paying costs should I lose because of CI.

The more people I speak to the more I am advised not to go for CI but hey, I figure they owe me the money.

There are is an interesting case brought up not to award CI.

Drop by my thread, page 4, for a couple of interesting pointers.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/54034-reddeath-lloyds-tsb-4.html

Good luck again.

I'm sorry to ask you on your thread - but you do seem pretty well read and experienced in taking on banks.......

I want to submit a "monster" of a claim to RBS but still have a sizeable overdraft with them - are they likely to immediately request that I pay back the overdraft? I've heard banks play dirty tricks and am just fretting a bit ...as as you do seem a *lot* more experienced in taking them on....

I'd be really grateful if you could advise.....