Devils Advocate Time.. Why bother paying to park on a private car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a private company cannot make you pay for a penalty notice (excpet for costing them a lot of money)

Why bother paying in the first place?

Why not just park up, check its a private company, go off and do your shopping.

Come back to an Invoice on your screen, toss it in the bin and drive home

When and If they write to the keeper, send them the standard response letter.

Any thoughts?

I am not condoning this as a practice just want to know peoples thought s on the matter

wee bit naughty - after all they have overheads to cover

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Private car park or not, I think if there's a fee to park you should pay it, the owner is after all providing a service, and deserves to be remunerated for it.

However, when we make mistakes and get these extortionate "penalties", as a lot of us do, damn right we should fight for our rights not to be bullied and ripped off.

Lets face it, if the penalties were fairer, and in the region of say £2 to £5, and the letters were more civilised than threatening, would we get as angry and obstinate about not paying them then??

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

If a private company cannot make you pay for a penalty notice (excpet for costing them a lot of money)

Why bother paying in the first place?

Why not just park up, check its a private company, go off and do your shopping.

Come back to an Invoice on your screen, toss it in the bin and drive home

When and If they write to the keeper, send them the standard response letter.

Any thoughts?

I am not condoning this as a practice just want to know peoples thought s on the matter

Sorry, but i'm absolutely in favour of PKea's 'question' on this. Don't care if it makes me unpopular either. Now, if the 'penalty fee' for making a mistake bore anything of a resemblance of the true loss and a fair admin' fee i'ld be of a different mind but until that happens..... They want to rip me off i'll happily do it back at them.

Couldn't agree more with djweeble either, that's what i'm getting at.

Regards, Dave.