Insensitive

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello this is my first post and would really like some help please.

My mother passed away June 2006 which devastated all of us. Everyone has been fine with us and supported my dad. All except British Gas who seem incapable of getting even the basics right. Despite numerous telephone calls , emails and letters informing them that the name of the account holder should be changed to my fathers name alone they insist on addressing all correspondence and bills to my mother. I've just returned from my fathers house to learn that he has received yet another bill addressed to him but care of my mother.

Is this a case of rubbing salt in the wound or sheer incompetence?

Other than persuading dad to change gas suppliers what else can I do?

This is sheer incompetence - if your gran's house is to be sold then the account should have been renamed to 'The Exors of Mrs .......', and if your dad is keeping the house, there should have been a final bill issued to the above account name, then a change of tenancy completed on their systems to create a new account in your dad's name. I would write again, lay out the history in simple terms (ie., on whatever date, this happened, I informed you on this date, we are still receiving incorrectly addressed bills, you are causing unneccessary stress to a grieving family, kindly ensure the changes I've requested are made to this account by ........, otherwise I will be contacting Energywatch), and if they STILL don't do it by the date you set for them, take the complaint to Energywatch in writing, they'll get BG to shift their backsides!