New to this and really need help please

Lacey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been looking at other threads and some of them say about sending spreadsheets detailing (from templates somewhere on here) detailing everything. I was going to send the spreadsheet I calculated the interest on that I did on the MSE site but it didnt include all of the details so instead I have made up a table with all of the details on. I am ready to send it to the court tomorrow, will that be acceptable, or is that wrong? Thanks alot.

I have just (12th June) received the Notice of Issue back from the court, I dont have to do anything with it, do I? From what I have been told previously I have to wait for the Notice of Acknowledgement now before doing anything else, am I right please?

Thanks again

Hi, Have been doing a spot more reading of other threads and just come across this "the only hesitation i have is your breakdown of charges - does it include the names of the charges -as per your statements - i.e. total charges, recall s/o-d/d, card misuse, notified fees, etc.

if not - can you put those in there before you send it off " .

I am a bit worried because when I sent my charges off to the court yesterday, I did do a breakdown of the charges, but did not put the total charges in a seperate column from the notified fees/charges, I just lobbed them in together as the column was headed NOTIFIED FEES/CHARGES. Do you think that will be alright, if not what should I do?

and the description should match the name of the charge (not just the word "charge" - that's what we are avoiding a whole list of "charges" "Total Charges" is a name "charges" is just a word) from your statements

..I am just a little ahead of Lacey123 with my claim and have also not put the words 'Total charges' on the SOC which I have already sent to DG and the court!!! will the fact that I have not mentioned 'Total charges' put the claim in jepoardy.....what is the best way forward with this?!

regards

moving on...

It may not be a problem but the court and dg sometimes argue that they don't have enough information regarding the charges so it's best to send them as much as possible. Just ammend the ones you have and put in the exrta detail and send them off to dg and the court.

Thanks for the quick reply Freakyleaky, and apologies to Lacey for jumping on your thread, but it is all so relevant...just one more thing I have just re-checked all my statements and 'total charges' is all they refer to apart from 3 recall s/o -dd..as my p.c skils are limited can I add these to my soc, by hand..(neatly!)..

regards

moving on...( I will start my own thread..but thankyou for now).Good luck Lacey, I am watching your thread with interest.

if you want to add charges on after you have actually filed your claim -

you must do it in one of the following ways -

either file again from the beginning for the charges not listed on your claim or

file an N244 and follow all the instructions - including sending it off to the court with a £35 amending fee (not reclaimable), getting it ok'd by the judge, they YOU re-serve dg with the amended schedule and you fill in a form to notify the court that you have done this.

to just add them on after you have filed your claim will throw you totals all out the window - dg won't pay them (unless they aren't even reading claims because they are so busy). so, hopefully no damage done - dg will just refuse to pay the ones you've added on. but really - don't do that!

when it comes to accepting an offer - make sure you send your own acceptance letter back and say in it that you agree not to claim again for the specific charges being paid for in this settlement. that should make you able to claim again - don't let them make you sign something that says you won't ever claim again.

so, if it's not too late - moving on - if you've filed your claim - don't add any charges on - go with what you've got for now. but do reword them to Total Charges - not just charges.

What will I have to do now then, I have put all of the Total charges in with the notified fees/charges without labelling them as "Total charges" as I thought that they were all the same charges anyway. I did put all of the other charges seperately though.

The position I am in now, as I have already said earlier, is that yesterday, I received the notice of issue letter off the court.

Thanks

i think we are at cross purposes here -

i'm saying to lacey - yes, go ahead and tidy up the names of the charges and send it to dg and the court.

i''m saying to movin on - you can't add new charges once you've filed.

Hi Freakyleaky, I do not want to add any charges, I am just saying that I have not put the TOTAL CHARGES in a column of their own, I have put them in with NOTIFIED FEES/CHARGES without pointing out that they are in fact TOTAL CHARGES.

Hope thats clear.

thats ok.you list the carges in the left hand column in date order from the top to the bottom. If a charge says notified fees then put that next to it. if itsays total charges for the next one then put that next. Hope you understand me!