• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ge money help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for all the advice, been to court this morning and the judge agreed to suspend the possession aslong as we pay £25 a month on top of our monthly instalment .the judge was great he didnt want to listen to anything ge solicitor had to say , the lady from the cab at the court spoke for us and she said afterwards she has never known a judge silence a claiment's solicitor like he did today with the ge money solicitor it was quite amusing , he was very sympathetic towards us and we have to have a reveiw in august about increasing the payments when the attachment of earnings order ends on my husbands wage but hopefully by then we will have cleared the arrears

but thanks again for all the advice we received on here:grin:

YAY!!! Congratulations and well done :D

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there, i was wondering if you or someone else has, any advice with regards to ge money and the £40 charge every month which is added to our arrears. my partner and i have already been to court and it was not nearly as bad as we first thought. we had sorted all our other creditors with the advice and help from the cccs. we agreed with the judge that we would pay extra on our payments, as much as we could afford and increase it as and when we were able to. unfortunately because of this administration fee of £40 a month our arrears are not coming down as quickly as we would like. we pay £80 over our normal payment which of course means only £40 is coming off our arrears which is only £668. are they allowed to charge so much a month for arrears. i would appreciate if someone could advise me on this matter. unfortunately what makes it worse is that i am physically disabled which took a turn for the worse 18 months ago and i had to go on benefits and had a small pension from the bank whom i worked for 29 years but was pensioned off early due to ill health. things were okay then and we were able to manage quite nicely at that time, but i continued to get worse so much so that my partner had to give up work and become my full time carer. both the courts and ge are aware of this. it does seem a bit excessive for such a small arrears and at this rate it will take a long time to pay back the arrears. i thought i read somewhere that the charges should be added to the actual loan amount. thank you for taking time to read this. i have already received so much help regarding rma/nco and have finally got them off my back thanks to you lovely lot out there.

If you have a look around you mat be able to find if anybody has actually tried to claim these charges. I know a few people have when they have left there mortgage provider. I am currently trying to claim mine back via the FOS. This is with a different comapny. Will let you know how I get on.

hi there, i was wondering if you or someone else has, any advice with regards to ge money and the £40 charge every month which is added to our arrears. my partner and i have already been to court and it was not nearly as bad as we first thought. we had sorted all our other creditors with the advice and help from the cccs. we agreed with the judge that we would pay extra on our payments, as much as we could afford and increase it as and when we were able to. unfortunately because of this administration fee of £40 a month our arrears are not coming down as quickly as we would like. we pay £80 over our normal payment which of course means only £40 is coming off our arrears which is only £668. are they allowed to charge so much a month for arrears. i would appreciate if someone could advise me on this matter. unfortunately what makes it worse is that i am physically disabled which took a turn for the worse 18 months ago and i had to go on benefits and had a small pension from the bank whom i worked for 29 years but was pensioned off early due to ill health. things were okay then and we were able to manage quite nicely at that time, but i continued to get worse so much so that my partner had to give up work and become my full time carer. both the courts and ge are aware of this. it does seem a bit excessive for such a small arrears and at this rate it will take a long time to pay back the arrears. i thought i read somewhere that the charges should be added to the actual loan amount. thank you for taking time to read this. i have already received so much help regarding rma/nco and have finally got them off my back thanks to you lovely lot out there.

If you have a look around you mat be able to find if anybody has actually tried to claim these charges. I know a few people have when they have left there mortgage provider. I am currently trying to claim mine back via the FOS. This is with a different comapny. Will let you know how I get on.

Well done KGrant - so pleased to hear the judge went against them:D

And Bionicwoman I have issued proceedings against Ge to get all my £40 charges back. We have now repaid them (thank God) but they owe us about £2K in those charges as well as as £2.5k ERC which I am going to claim later. Well I say I have issued proceedings - I tried but as GE are so dodgy I had put all their company names on the claim form and have to go back to court as I didn't have enough copies - as the court needs to send one to each of their identities.:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well done KGrant - so pleased to hear the judge went against them:D

And Bionicwoman I have issued proceedings against Ge to get all my £40 charges back. We have now repaid them (thank God) but they owe us about £2K in those charges as well as as £2.5k ERC which I am going to claim later. Well I say I have issued proceedings - I tried but as GE are so dodgy I had put all their company names on the claim form and have to go back to court as I didn't have enough copies - as the court needs to send one to each of their identities.:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 1 year later...

we currently have a suspended possession order on our morgage , and every month we are in arrears they are charging us £40, our original morgage was a fixed rate over 3 years , but because of the charges they have a habit of increasing our payments slightly every couple of months , the arrears will be paid in the next 3 months thankfully , we were in court the other day for another reason and was speaking to the cab lady we were telling her about it and she said if you are on a fixed rate they shouldnt be able to do this and has arranged for us to see someone to have this looked at,

Are they allowed to do this as we thought fixed rate means fixed rate