• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

anyone had dealings with tradepro card and CDC debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello -i'm trying to sort out a problem for a lad who works for me. I have asked this question on another thread and got and answer saying that it may not be enforcible in law, however i was told it may be better on another thread in case anyone has other idead or any dealings with Tradepro of CDC.

Here goes -Cheers

Some time ago i walked into a builders merchant and a dolly bird was asking if i was intererested in a tradepro card-basically a credit card for builders that can only be used at certain merchants. As my credit isn't great i said no thanks but she said if you give me your card i will forward some details and incase you change your mind.

Some time later, much to my suprise a card arrived. i spoke to the manager of the place who said this had happened to just about everyone including him! I have used the card a few time and paid up and had no problem.

However about six months ago the lad who worked for me told me he had got one to (he had poped back later to get more gear and gave it ago) He ran up some debts doing up his house and is now stuggling to pay. Now i said i would help him out but i'm not that well off at the mo and busy cliaiming my bank charges back but i thought hold on they should never have issued this to him and i know he never sighed for this i i and countless other didn't. My question of course is: is this enfoceable in law. I seem to understand from all the post on here that is there is no signed credit agreement they can't persue him. The debt has been passed onto a dca called CDC. They ring him constantly (thats how i found out about this and he told me everything)-he knows he's been daft and has been paying what he can of but he's way behind and they have sent him a letter for payment of £1800 within seven days or they will add a recovery fee of £453 pounds -this sounds excessive. Any thought would be much appriciated.

Get him to send a CCA request to the DCA, sounds like all they have is prahaps an application form and not a signed credit agreement.

I had something similar in a service station, girl asked if I wanted a CC - I said no, but she asked if I could just fill in a few details and they would send me some more info so I could make a decision after that... as she was pretty :D I said ok, and then realised she was filling in an application form for me!!!

Anyway... no CCA no enforcable debt. Worth a try, will hold them off for a little while if nothing else.

He might also want to send a letter demanding they only contact by mail and any any further phone calls will be viewed as harrassment. Template here

thanks chip -i know for certain that i never filled in or sighed anything and i'm almost certain the lad who works for me did not. i have spoken to the manager who know works for another company and he says he did not either so this girl must have been faking signitures and filling in the forms herself -The ex-maager also told me she got £30 for every sign up and he thinks she signed eveyone who gave her a name and address!

• 1 year later...

In a word.... Avoid like the plague unless you are 100% sure that you will never make any mistakes or be a day late with any payments..

The 1p off a litre of fuel was my reason for getting Tradepro / Tradepro fuel cards.... I spend around £500 to £600 per month.... but after about 3 flawless years I missed a direct debit payment & received a phone call from an ignoramus and I spent an hour on the phone arguing over interest payments that had been applied to the account (incorrectly) which included speaking to an 'operative' and even longer to a supervisor (who supported the idiot operative!) only for me to get another call an hour later from the supervisor, tail between legs and apologising for the fact that he had indeed got it wrong...

Anyway, £21.17 interest refunded I was happy enough until I got my statement - I had made the payment due manually having cancelled all my direct debits due to moving banks...

I got a charge of £25.00 "dishonoured payment charge" - followed the next day by a "collection charge" of £30.00

The payments are for the full amount outstanding each month because EVERYONE considering one of these cards needs to know this...

The APR on the account is approximately 48.9%

FORTY EIGHT point NINE Percent...........

Whooa!

So miss a payment & they'll stitch you up in outrageous fees.. make a part payment instead of a full payment and you'll get charged an interest rate normally only seen on those sub-prime "Hillbilly" credit cards given to dolewallers....

And when you speak to them they'll make it quite clear that the charges have been applied fairly according to the terms and conditions that you should have read from start to finish!

By the way, they will also point out (if asked) that the agreement isn't covered by the banking standards or FSA in the same way as a credit card because it is a "business to Business" agreement (i.e. you don't have the same consumer rights you'd have as a member of the public...)

So after a spend of many £1,000's and I'm sure they make money on each transaction... they have bitten the hand that feeds them... my cards just went through the shredder and I will not be signing up again.

.... and yes; yours truly was sold his by some bimbo in a builders merchants too... Doh!!

(When did anything good ever come of anything that was sold by a short skirt in a male dominated environment? ;-)

Edited by MARTIN3030

• 6 months later...

To answer your question, Tradepro charging someone I know 54.9% APR and 4.474% monthly charges, so on for eg. £5,000 monthly payment £230-00 , only £5-00 YES FIVE POUNDS comes of the debt, so calculator out time - in 12 months they get £2,700 and only £60-00 comes off actual debt, even the Mafia might think this is extortionate, my pal will be dead and buried before even a portion is is repaid. the thing is, these leeches know what they are doing and the authorities do nothing to regulate them or say enough is enough on how much APR these reckon that they can increase, of course if you have a high debt they will up rate because more on payments more on profit, if real probs just say you are filing for bankrupcy and they will sh## themselves stupid cause they don't like hard work. What people really need to do is write to their MP and see if they will take it on in Parliament - remember that is their job to listen to you, the people that vote and pay them so they can stick their snouts in the gravy train.

Edited by MARTIN3030

Can anyone help with this PDQ please.

Sent CCA to tradepro, enclosed £1-00 postal order, they sent application form. They then sent a statement and they have used this £1-00 as a payment from the account that shows on the January statement. Have they commited an offence by doing this.

tell your lad to get some legal advice .i have had dealings with them never phone cdc they are VERY VERY VERY AGGRESSIVE AND WILL TRY EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK TO GET YOU TOO PAY WHAT YOU CANT AFFORD . if he did sign a credit form ,ask them for an expenditure form ,fill it out find what you can afford to pay and send them it each month . dont contact them or take phone calls from them. they will treat you worse than a prisoner at the CIA camp and will make you feel like a criminal. LETS HOPE ENOUGH OF US COMPLAINE AND GET SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE WORSE THAN LOAN SHARKS

Thanks for reply AD666, Tradepro phoning my mate like there is no tomorrow, he is rejecting all calls on my advice, they sent letter saying they want to help, the problem is that it seems anyone can set up a credit card co.

I have told him that that credit card companies come bottom of the pile i.e Mortgage/rent/council tax/gas/electric/food/living expenses/csa/fags/booze - oh and if you have £1-00 left split it between your ten credit card companies and let them fight over the bones like the vultures they are.

Edited by MARTIN3030