charlie41dimmock V water companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, outstanding dept for water bills, received a letter from Robinson, Way & co Ltd re home visit to 'secure arrangements for payment', that was in march, no visit happened, still owe the amount of £327.03, not sure if any charges or just for water supplied.

Burried head in sand re depts now sorting them out with help from CAG and family member.

Mean while have moved and informed in writing both water companies, have a phone phobia, due to harrasment of dept companies, but no bills as yet, 6 months later, please advise re letters to send and wording, thanks karen

Hi Charlie!

It's that burying me head in the sand that always gets me too!

It's great though when you sort everything out- try to keep your chin up while it gets sorted. The phone phobia can last for years though.

A lot of the letters in the "General debt" section can be adapted for all debts, whether they are for banks or other companies.

If your income is from benefits , rather than earnings, water companies can take money direct from certain benefits to pay off overdue accounts. Thats what we do with our water- its because its seen as essential by the DWP.

If I can be of any help, please shout.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

now received a letter from southern water, saying 'where have we gone wrong?

we have send you a whole series of letters we have tried to telephone you and a local representative has tried to call on you repeatedly but all with no success. our client wants full payment but this may not currently be within your means. we want to reach a staisfacory settlement for you. We are prepared to take into consideration your circumstances and any problems you have but we must hear from you.' call us

No way am I calling them, they are patronising.

a/ send an offer letter pay each month

b/ ignore it

c/ dunno

Also been in new property 6 months no water bills yet, informed them in writing, what more can I do

I think a would probably your best bet.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hiya,

I am unfortunate enough to be a Southern Water customer and have dealings with Robinson, Way & Co. too. Take up the offer of dealing with SW. Robinson, Way & Co are the most devious, nasty pieces of work I've ever dealt with. I have a debt repayment arrangement with them, and due to starting a new job had unstable finances for 6 weeks. I informed them of this, and that I intended to pay nominal sums until I recovered, yet they still sent a monkey to my door on Friday. :evil: Having paid £500+ I'm hardly going to run from the remaining £100, am I?

Keep on at SW about paying at your current address. I (foolishly/naively :rolleyes:) let them tell me that I couldn't set up a Direct Debit until I received my first bill which finally came a year after I moved in. Now they are harassing me to increase my payments to cover the arrears. What a cheek!

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck