Misleading car park signs in Milton Keynes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a £30 charge for parking overnight in a 'FREE" zone in Milton Keynes. clearly marked with a green line. On returning to my car I was amazed to find a PCN (and a cracked windscreen!!!) My main issue is that the large sign at the entrance read quite clearly that the green zones were free, no mention of the "permit holders only restriction from 7.00 to 8.30am" (I got the ticket at 8.06am although it says only "at: 08.06" on the ticket!, not am or pm.)

MK sign.jpg

MK car small sign.jpg

Yes, that was on a very small sign at the end of the line of bays, which I didn't see. I wrote back about the issue including photographs of the signs but they said I should have seen the notice on the machine! Why would I even be looking at the machine in a "free" zone? This surely is a case for not seeing the "small print".

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Regards

seething.

First things first is the PCN in question even legal?

Have a read through the PCN thread and see if yours has the necessary bits n bobs on it if not it may be easier to fight it that way than arguing about their signs

Can you scan the PCN and post it here?

First things first is the PCN in question even legal?

Have a read through the PCN thread and see if yours has the necessary bits n bobs on it if not it may be easier to fight it that way than arguing about their signs

Can you scan the PCN and post it here?

ticketsmall.jpg

Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply.

Here's the scan. I have however paid the ticket as I believed that I was liable and didn't want to risk paying £60.

The PCN just states "Issued on: 09/06/2006" Is that the same as "Date of Issue"

or is this also illegal?? Also the time says "issued at 08.00" ie not am/pm.

The 8.06 wd indicate 8 am, as they're bound to use a 24 hr clock. No dice on that. Can't advise on rest, sorry.

Any chance of reducing the scan size to make it more forum friendly, please?