Bex V. Abbey - not going too well!!

bex0210
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have put a claim into Abbey for £1400. They sent me the "sorry to hear of complaint" letter and said i would hear from them within four weeks. On the last day of what would have been the four weeks they sent me another letter, stating that it would be longer than expeced, and they required a further four weeks. Obviosly this was longer than the original timescale i had given them but i was chuffed to have had some response.

On the 4th May i received a letter from Abbey saying as a goodwill getsure they would refund me £155.00 within 10 days. Today is now the 28th of May, and i have not received a penny back off them! :confused: I have spoken with the complaints department on the telephone on three occassions and i found them too be quite rude telling me too wait as they were doing me a favour!!

I was going to send the next letter off saying that i was unhappy with this offer.

How do i stand because my original timescale that i had given them passed several weeks ago, and secondly they havent refund what they said they were going too. Hope somebody can help me as i am one very confused Abbey customer and i feel i am being taken advantage of! :evil:

Thanks Bex

The question you have to ask yourself is:-

Do I want the full £1400 back or are you happy with £155?

Have you sent your LBA? If not send it straight away, it's your timetable not theirs. It won't make any difference as to what they have offered as GOGW. ;)

All they are doing is trying to put you off filing in court. When or if they pay you the £155 just send them a letter saying that you do not accept this as a final offer but as part payment towards your full claim. One of the letters in the following link should help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

• 1 month later...

Hey Bex.

How far have you got now? Did you send your LBA? If so after 14 days you should have filed your N1.

Please update this thread soon.

deedee.

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

In response to a comment made by deedee1310 in the thread above, it is up to you when you commence court proceedings. The 14 day time limit expressed in the Letter Before Action is a goodwill gesture on your part, it is totally up to you when you file a court claim. Needless-to-say most of us stick to our timetable and do just that, but incase of financial hardship some wait.

This is by no means a pop at you deedee, I am meerly pointing out something I feel is worth mentioning, kindly do not be offended by it;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

No offence taken! It's good that people are aware of this.;):D

That's what the forum is for - exchange of knowledge!

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p