capitalising on capital one

sowerby17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you think that you should be able to abuse credit and financial agreements and there not be any repercussions?

Do YOU think financial institutions and the scummy DCAs they employ should be permitted to flagrantly break the law in the manner they approach people who whatever reason fall into debt.

I am so happy for you for living in a Utopia where everything in your garden is rosy.

Most people on here never intended getting into financial difficulties. However life changing events such as illness, loss of employment and marriage breakdown have all had their toll and forced people into difficulties. Most banks and Credit Card companies DO NOT (contrary to the propoganda line you are peddling) do not care and within several weeks pass the debt on to some DCA who immeadiatly DEMAND payment followed by threats of all sorts of illegal consequences.

You claim that you think Bank Charges are reasonable. How can they justify £30 for a computer generated letter sent out automatically. They cannot. Unlike you I can prove this. that is why on THIS SITE alone £15419603 in UNLAWFUL CHARGES has been returned to 9081 people.

You go on to abuse other members of this forum by attempting to sound superior and saying WE cannot enter into a debate. We can and and at least backed up of views something which you have singularly failed to do. You are trying to justify the unjustifiable. Please ask the people who pull your strings to supply you with FACTS not just the opinions of greedy people who for years have been fleecing money off people without challenge. You claim to have a great deal of knowledge about the law. You appear to have forgotten the most basic piece. He who alleges must prove. Yet day and daily Credit Institutions try it on relying on the ignorance of people they are dealing with.

What about this for a debate. Is this ok for you or woul you prefer a Mass Debate

• Haha 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should jolly well hope that I'm not being accused of discouraging people; my comment previously was aimed at you Foreskin, with your daft comments aimed at disheartening and insulting people. Start a thread if you want to engage in intelligent debate rather than jumping in and hi-jacking another's ...

Are you a relative of the much reviled MotleyCrue perchance?

Mods, are you taking note here?

No need for petty insults. I'm not trying to dishearten people. I think they would take more heart in having the money they have been refunded/about to be refunded than losing it all chasing even more.

I will start my own thread though, as you're right, shouldn't hijack others. I imagine it will be quite a ferocious thread tough!

ODC, I will happily back up my arguments in a private forum, but unfortunately I'm not prepared to do so on a public domain. Feel free to PM me though.

you know or -(seem to think you know) so much about crap ones ppi and their policies and proticol on charges so you must be one of their DEDICATED staff.

you know all about ppi-i know nothing-so why have i just won a £1300 claim BEFORE i even issued a court claim??????-perhaps it was out of the goodness of their hearts.LOL.So youre telling me that if i work as a casual worker which means that i may have no work for the next three weeks and then say,6 hours the following week followed by lets say 10 hours over the following 3 weeks-crap one ppi will pay my credit card bill of say £200 when i go into hospital for the next 12 weeks for abdominal surgery-

you also KNOW that crap one will win if cci is taken to court-take a look on the crap one threads-YOU'RE WRONG-read km-S thread-he has filed for warrant of execution and is claiming cci-perhaps youd like to spend some of your valuable time reading the successes with ppi-and i'd better not assume that as this is office hours you would ever dream of pilfering work time by using the computer and time for your own benefit..tut.tut.costing your company money which could affect all those others pay rises-ah just nipping the bud..............

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

ODC, I will happily back up my arguments in a private forum, but unfortunately I'm not prepared to do so on a public domain. Feel free to PM me though.

What have you to fear. Except the truth.

Why should you fear public debate seeing as you are so sure of your facts. Whats wrong people reusing to answer your security questions when you ring them. Obviously you cannot sustain the debat which you requested so we nust assume that you are as we suspected a droid employed by a DCA or bank to stir up trouble. Bad news for you mate you have failed. Surely somone in your office is capable of presenting a reasoned argument backed up by FACTS.

Paintball, I don't think I have made any petty insults at all on this thread.

Jubaxt, to invoke PPI you would take into account how much you said you earnt when given your credit limit and how much you are currently earning. If you have a lay off period of over 4 weeks, the insurance would cover the minimum payments on your card.

Claims against PPI are for people who claim to have been sold it without knowing, they are being refunded to ost of what they paid into the insurance, it's nothing to do with working hours or earnings. I think you should read your terms and conditions a little closer, rather than just buynig into the CAG propoganda machine. Each time someone replies, they are coming across in such an agressive tone and are riddled with almost official CAG party lines.

Also, not that it matters, but why do you use so many exclamation points and question marks? Do you not see that it makes your points seem daft and easily dismissable?

anyway, give any credit card company a call and ask them how the PPI works. The very point of it is to cover yuor payments when you cannot do so through no fault of your own.

Things like voluntary leave or redundancy would obvioulsy not be covered, but if you found yourself in the situation you say you were in, I can 100% confirm that the CC company woud have at least made your minimum payments, providing you had PPI. Obviously if you are on a salary and off sick you are still getting paid, so would have no reason to use the PPI.

what do you thnk PPI is used for, just out of interest?

Now you have overstepped the mark - BYEEEEEEEEEE

What have you to fear. Except the truth.

Erm, if I worked for abank, which some of you seem to think I do ( I don't btw) then why would I pander to your needs and divulge information?

I know a bit, and I know that what I say is true. Ignore it if you wish, thats fine. All I wanted to do was have soem healthy debate, but yo've all just jumped right down my throat.

In fact, if I did work for a bank, I'd take great pleasure in dismissing your claims. I think your attitude towards this is all wrong. There is no empathy towards the other side. All you seem to care about is profitting from this.

Do you care about the law beig adjusted to be fairer?

Wold you give up your claims if the government and the banks declared fees in the future would not exceed 5 pounds?

Erm, if I worked for abank, which some of you seem to think I do ( I don't btw) then why would I pander to your needs and divulge information?

I know a bit, and I know that what I say is true. Ignore it if you wish, thats fine. All I wanted to do was have soem healthy debate, but yo've all just jumped right down my throat.

In fact, if I did work for a bank, I'd take great pleasure in dismissing your claims. I think your attitude towards this is all wrong. There is no empathy towards the other side. All you seem to care about is profitting from this.

Do you care about the law beig adjusted to be fairer?

Wold you give up your claims if the government and the banks declared fees in the future would not exceed 5 pounds?

We are still waiting on the facts you promised. Probably to late now. I dont think you have the intelligence to work for a bank.

Please note - this thread has turned into a personal debate and will not be allowed to continue in that manner.

If you have something constructive to add to the original question, or to questions raised by the OP since, then please feel free to contribute.

If you wish to argue the merits of something completely different, start your own thread in the relevant section.

Further off topic posts will be deleted without warning.

Any further personal remarks will result in account moderation, without warning.

I trust that this clarifies our position.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i agree clarion-there is much more small print on a ppi policy than some people think-i won a claim for ppi,with cci-not crap one though but it would be interesting to see crap ones ppi t/cs

most do not cover pre-existing medical conditions/casual work/e.t.c

and many people are sold it when they either dont need or dont want it.

70% of ppi policies are actually mis-sold!!

so if anyone has a policy -look into it

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

I think a lot of the time people are not so much mis sold it as the box ticked without the issuer asking any questions.

I think if the actual details are explained clearly, most people would sign up to it.

It works out at about 0.5% of your balance and covers you against lossof income through sickness and such like.

If you had PPI Jubaxy I'd be inclined to call and ask about the details. Yo may be pleasantly surprised.

my ppi/claim wasnt with crap one -it was with another company-i did loads of homework and when i rang the insurance claims dept -(pretending to be a potential claimee) i found that i wouldnt have a valid claim because i was a casual worker.

i then used this info to subsequently go on and have refunded my whole ppi,the interest theyd added to the premium and cci on top.

they also paid back £380 worth of charges on the account and cci on those aswell.it took my outstanding balance from £3322 down to £1680.

i ahve also helped fellow colleagues at work fight against mis-sold ppi with different institutions and theyve all got it back before filing in court.

out of 6 cases-all with different companies-not one was valid either due to pre-existing medical conditions/not working over a certain amount of hours/not having been in continuous employment for a specific time.

this is what i base my opinion on-experience,research and the fact that all these companies admitted wrong doing and avoided the courtroom door!

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

take a look at the ppi forum-there are many people caught in this wrangle over ppi

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

i also work in a position wher i have known patients try and claim off various ppi and health insurance to discover they are not covered and some of these are dying people

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

I always refuse PPI on anything i have taken out, even after i rejected Capital Ones offer of PPI they still charged me for it, although back then i never took any notice of what was on my statements so didnt actually realise they had been taking it from me till way after my account was closed. IMO they are worthless, especially as i was working for an agency at the time.

:madgrin:

my ppi/claim wasnt with crap one -it was with another company-i did loads of homework and when i rang the insurance claims dept -(pretending to be a potential claimee) i found that i wouldnt have a valid claim because i was a casual worker.

i then used this info to subsequently go on and have refunded my whole ppi,the interest theyd added to the premium and cci on top.

they also paid back £380 worth of charges on the account and cci on those aswell.it took my outstanding balance from £3322 down to £1680.

i ahve also helped fellow colleagues at work fight against mis-sold ppi with different institutions and theyve all got it back before filing in court.

out of 6 cases-all with different companies-not one was valid either due to pre-existing medical conditions/not working over a certain amount of hours/not having been in continuous employment for a specific time.

this is what i base my opinion on-experience,research and the fact that all these companies admitted wrong doing and avoided the courtroom door!

Nice to see FACTS being quoted. I am fortunate with a PPI I have when I took a serious illnes in January. Onece I completed the forms they pay me out monthly regular as clockwork so they are not all bad. I suppose it depends on the company and the salesperson

sorry paintball-the only reason i mentioned it-was because i actually got cci back without filing---------------

sowerby -please come back-where are yoouuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

well then all this fratching not helping anyone lol. What do i do got aq to fill in by 30th july but not got a cheque from capone either so doubt it would clear by then.help!

Personally i would continue the claim until you have CLEARED funds in your bank account, until then the claim is not settled, and if the court have requested AQ then failure to comply with this could result in the claim being struck out, but make sure you claim the £100 AQ fee back from C1 too

:madgrin: