MBNA C/Card so far with 10 to go?

icepop55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think you could add s69 interest to a claim based on a regulated agreement

usually when i see the interest claim to date of judgement the interest rate is has been as high as 18% so i was very surprised, to put it mildly, that it was only about 8% in this case

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

I didn't think you could add s69 interest to a claim based on a regulated agreement

Think you're right there - I'm sure PT stated that in one of his posts

tinkerbell, yes. PT has mentioned this on quite a few threads. They are NOT allowed to add s69 interest to a claim based on a regulated agreement:-D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

tinkerbell, yes. PT has mentioned this on quite a few threads. They are NOT allowed to add s69 interest to a claim based on a regulated agreement:-D

well i found this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Law Commission

(LAW COM No 287)

PRE-JUDGMENT INTEREST ON

DEBTS AND DAMAGES

Item 4 of the Eighth Programme of Law Reform:

Compound Interest

Laid before Parliament by the Lord High Chancellor pursuant to section 3(2) of the Law Commissions Act 1965

Interest under a contract or trade usage

2.19 Commercial lenders usually include provisions for compound interest in their contracts. In fact, so common is this arrangement that the courts have accepted that bankers are entitled to compound interest even in the absence of a specific contractual term, on the basis of an implied trade usage.17 Thus a borrower with a

bank loan or mortgage, credit card or store card debts will usually be required to pay compound interest up until the date of judgment.18 However, many other claimants are not protected by contractual terms in this way.

17 In National Bank of Greece SA v Pinios Shipping Co (No 1) [1990] 1 AC 637, the House of

Lords held that, as implied by the usage of bankers, the bank was entitled to capitalise

interest, and it was conceded that the bank was entitled to do so with quarterly rests.

18 Normally, compound interest would not be allowed on post-judgment debts. However in

Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank Plc [2002] 1 AC 481, the House of

Lords upheld an express contractual provision that allowed compound, variable interest

rates on post-judgment debts. They rejected the OFT’s argument that such a term was unfair within the definition of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994

(SI 1994 No 3159).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All

Good to see it seems a result and reading your comments a satisfactory one at least under the circumstance.

Many thanks to those that have HELPED, my total gratitude on your gratuitous time.

F.C. #124 Permalink........the answer to that is NO. It will not prejudice my other creditors, in fact it has strenghted my position. The agreement was originally made by the CCCA under there DMP.

Lets see what happens next?

Hi All

Good to see it seems a result and reading your comments a satisfactory one at least under the circumstance.

Many thanks to those that have HELPED, my total gratitude on your gratuitous time.

F.C. #124 Permalink........the answer to that is NO. It will not prejudice my other creditors, in fact it has strenghted my position. The agreement was originally made by the CCCA under there DMP.

Lets see what happens next?

It does actually give this creditor a priority status over your other creditors.

BCOBS

Re Link 124

Analysing how long it will take to pay off under the tomlin order

£9,499.20 at £14.27 PER MONTH = 666 PAYMENTS = 12.8 YEARS

666 monthly payments = 55.5 YEARS !!!!

you know "wot" you are right !!!!!

it just goes to show how much thought the person who originally did the maths put into the calculation .

obviously they were hoping one would slip up in not paying during the next 55 years

obviously "time is NOT of the essence here!"

• 8 months later...

subbing to this thread

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,