Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and then I found this one Boyfriend v Barclays - a hearing for the stay ojection...... now how fair is that, so we are back to the postal lottery as to where we live, obviously we live in the wrong place. Also read today that in Edinbugh the judge is going ahead against the banks.. you can move your claim to Scotland if your banks head office is there, so no good for us barclays customers... to copy and paste, highlight the thread or link right click then paste ....never did get to grips with pasting a scan!

No I scanned the newspaper article to microsoft word and it won't let me highlight the article therefore it won't copy?

pity we didn't move to that other place in England, where was it now? they were hearing cases at the start.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Jenny, I started my claim in January, and also I think you are right about them knowing long before the announcement, I have thought that is why they transferred our cases to Cardiff from all over Wales, some as far as Carmarthen. Llanelli and all the valleys, because I had mine transferred to Newport first and if that had taken place it would have been all settled, there was no need for any 'directions hearing' that was the con.

LLOYDS BITES BULLET IN WAR ON HIGH FEES

Wednesday September 12,2007

Lloyds TSB has become the first high street bank to cut overdraft rates after criticism about excessive bank charges and a fees investigation by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

Lloyds’ new policy includes reducing interest rates on unauthorised borrowing and a text-message service warning customers when they are close to their overdraft limit. The bank said the measures had been taken after “talking to thousands of customers”.

But campaigners believe it is an attempt to pre-empt the results of the OFT’s charges probe, which includes a test case brought against several leading banks to establish whether it is fair to charge penalties of up to £39 for unauthorised borrowing.

“Lloyds is doing now what it will probably be forced to do next year anyway, after the OFT’s test case,” said Lisa Taylor from Moneyfacts.co.uk “It’s great that banks are warning customers in advance with text messages, but Lloyds’ charges are still expensive — particularly if you go more than £100 into unauthorised borrowing. You could be charged up to £215 a month.”

Mike Naylor from uSwitch.com said: “It does finally seem that the looming test case is having some impact on the banks’ attitudes to levels of charges. We hope the other big banks will follow Lloyds’ example in the coming months.”

Lloyds refunded £36million- worth of overdraft charges in the first half of this year but all refund claims have now been frozen until the outcome of the OFT investigation, expected early next year.

The new Lloyds measures, which come into effect on November 2, will see unauthorised interest rates for a Classic account slashed from 29 per cent to 19 per cent.

Customers who go over their overdraft limit will also be given a “period of grace” — until 3.30pm that day — to correct things without incurring any fees. Instead of penalising customers £30 a day should they go into the red without permission the bank will now charge £15 a month, then between £6 and £20 a day, according to the amount borrowed. The penalty for bouncing a cheque, standing order or direct debit will fall by £15 to £20. The text-message warning service will cost £2.50 per month.

Lloyds TSB’s Ian Larkin said: “We want to help our customers avoid accidentally slipping into the red and are giving them the tools to do just that. We understand it can sometimes be difficult to keep tabs on an account and we want to make it easier to do so.”

In a different move to tackle unauthorised borrowing, the cash machines of HSBC are to alert customers when a withdrawal is about to take them over their overdraft limit. The warning messages will start appearing at the 3,500 cash machines operated by the bank on October 1, although warnings will not be displayed on non-HSBC machines.

NatWest is also expected to provide a “new option” later this year for customers who go over their authorised overdraft limit.

Anna Bowes from independent financial adviser AWD Chase de Vere said: “People must budget carefully and take some responsibility for going overdrawn. Banks are not charities and everyone knows they will incur high charges if they dip into money that is not theirs.

“Should you find yourself going into an unauthorised overdraft, talk to your bank and try to arrange a solution. If you are getting into a spiral of debt, do not bury your head in the sand — talk to a debt counsellor immediately.”

I've not seen this article, but seen many others... but who are they trying to fool, the charges would end up being more, most direct debits come out at the beginning of the month so you would easily incur more than one charge per day, its rubbish and if FOS think this is a good solution then we will be even worse off......... and that crap about having up to 3.30 to pay money in is only if you put in cash or transfer money .. it wont help if your waiting for a cheque to clear will it!!!

Yes, our ' Directions Hearing' was def a fob off, it was standard stuff, it didnt need a hearing to determine, they are quick enough now to issue orders without a hearing

hi smutley,thanks for cartoon,

someone must have been paid well for thinking up lloyds knee jerk reaction,more holes than cullander.

they dont want us not to make purchase.

tough cacky poos if you buy something at 3.25pm.

tez

yer, but what are we laughing at....(but it did make me laugh) Barclays are bound to come up with something.... far, far, more devious!

What ever happened to that old fashioned Bank Manager... the last one I had, many moons ago, you know the real one that could make a decision without consulting a computer.... got the sack !

last one i had you put best suit on and called him mr.

but your right ,they went on trust and gut feeling.

what ever they come up with it will have a lot more work in it,so they can justify level of charge.

tez

Re: Case in Cardiff on Nov 14th stayed. Help needed to lift it!!!!!

Well, I have just received a response back to my letter which explains that I am requesting the stay be lifted due to financial difficulties.

Its on a form headed GENERAL FORM OF JUDGMENT OR ORDER and it reads

Before DISTRICT JUDGE HENDICOTT siting at Cardiff County Court Civil Justice Centre.

UPON READING the Claimants submissions objecting to the proposed order of stay IT IS ORDERED THAT

1 The submissions be treated as an application to remove the stay in the order of 15-Aug-2007

2 The application be refused.

3 As this application has been refunsed without a hearing, either party may apply fot the application to be reconsidered at an oralo hearing. Any such application shall be on notice, and is reserved to HHJ Hickinbottom or DJ Hendicott unless expressly released by either.

What can I do now, is it worth my while asking for an oral hearing (send in the official form), or will I be wasting my time? Or does this mean that I would be welcomed to appear and put my points over orally? I can not add any more information to my application than what I have already given in the letter I sent in. I really need this cash. :sad:

Any help or advice will be appreciated. (Incidently, my claim is against HSBC).

No the 14th August along with half the others in this thread. started claim back in Jan and spoke to krysta who said she would settle later rather than sooner and whilst away on hols they decided to bring out this test case thing that has put a hold on all. it's not just barclays that i am claiming for either, i do have one claim for directions on 14th nov for barclaycard and another for citi cards though why these have been stayed i don't know when they are credit cards not bank accounts. have applied for both to be lifted as yet no news of these though.

Hi I've just read the Stitch Up link. The deal with the financial ombudsman means to say that if we had taken that route we would have had our money back, I personally did not go that route as I thought they would be more likely to be in the banks pocket, well I didn't reallise just how crooked they really were. Also revealing the bit about the banks admitting to confusing customers with their explanations about charges, surely this could be used to show even more unalwful or unethical behaviour?