DMC Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

something I forgot to ask.

I don't need the English based address for my initial letter asking for my money back, I can just use my own address, is this correct?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quick,less than a week. Got my standard letter in this morning.

Charges correctly applied, blah blah, how we can help you etc.

How they can help themselves more like :mad: :mad:

Do I just forget about the 14 days and send my LBA now as they've just turned me down ?

;) Yup! ;)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Sorry don't know the answer to that. But it will be interesting to see which is quicker, FOS or courts, as I've just had my reject letter too and sent off my FOS form on Monday. I've had a reply from them saying it will be passed to their investigations team. So we're almost at the same stage. Wonder which one of us will get OUR money back first? :)

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got two letters in this morning, telling me that I was being charged a further £39 + £28 for unpaid dd and, unauthorised overdraught that was to be debited on Friday, even though I more than covered the money by using a pay in envelope even before the bank was open on Friday morning.

Gave them a call to ask why and I was told Direct debits come off at 5.30 in the morning.

I then informed them that I have been putting money in on the same day as DD's for years with no problem because they are taken off twice a day only to be told that not all companies do this and the company I'm dealing with must have changed their policy.

I told them I was going to phone the company and check and his attitude changed right away, he was quite nervous and said it was actually the bank had changed their policy.

I then told him that I was not informed of the change and, told him it was totally unacceptable to change T&C without informing me.

The upshot of it all is the charge is not coming off now but they would not move on the overdraught which was caused by their charges.

I told them I would just add it on to my claim.

Do you think they are trying to intimidate me ? :D

That's the 14 days up today after my LBA.

I gave them a call yesterday and was told my claim had been elevated to senior review and to expect an offer, but she also said she wasn't sure when that would be and gave me the whole 8 week thing and how it may be August before I get offered a settlement figure.

I said I would give them till monday at the latest on a postal offer before I file at court on tuesday.

Does anyone have a number for the senior review team as I'll give it one more phone call before filing.

N1 it is then, thanks Tilly & Kenny.

I was going to give them one last phone call on Monday but, I think I'll just go straight to proceedings against them as the extra £2500 or so interest would be a nice bonus.

Well I did give them that call today and spoke to the most helpful person yet. (I hope)

I'm run off my feet with work at the moment and would rather just settle this quickly so, I've given them till the end of the week as I've no time to do anything anyway, although I never told them that.

Anyway, I've been told that I'll have an offer by the end of the week and, if I've not heard anything by Friday to call back and I'll get an offer over the phone.

Obviously I'm settling for nothing but the full amount, I just want a name of a member of senior review staff to call as I think there's a good chance that if you can get to that stage they usually cave in.

At the very most I'm still giving them 4 weeks from my prelim as the sent me a refusal after a week so, if it does go to court I've given them every chance to rectify the situation.

I'll let you all know how I get on as I reckon it could be useful for future claims for anyone if I manage to do this by telephone........

I'm still not holding my breath though;)

Just checked my account 5 mins ago and they have deposited just over £2600 against claim of £5800 and just under £1900 against a claim of £4000.

I don't want to put exact amounts in, just in case or am I being paranoid ?

Can't wait to grt my offer letter in now, so I can negotiate for full amount.

anyone think I've got a chance of the full amount here ?

I was looking to see if anyone else managed to get the whole amount before filing at court but I can't find any posts to suggest this.

I'll obviously need to wait till I get my letter in to give them a call.

I've also taken screenshots of both my accounts for court puposes just in case.

I always was going to hold out for the full amount moneyhelp.

I've not even filed at court yet though, I'm phoning them as soon as my letter arrives offering the amount they just paid into my accounts and, I'm hoping they offer the full amount before it even goes any further.

I know I've got them running scared now if they've made the offer, the thing is I don't know if they'll cave in for the full amount without me filing my N1.

Just off the phone and they'll up one offer to £3700 and the other to £2500 but she wouldn't bend any further, and topld me that was final offer.

They are also disputing the larger claim as they say it's about £600 less than I'm claiming even though it's on the list of charges they sent me, but the statements seem to be missing.

She's said that she'll call back this afternoon.

Anybody got any ideas how to prise the remainder of my claim out of them ?

If you have missing statements and you paid for them, then you should send the non compliance letter.

Make sure you have your figures correct before you file at court otherwise you will have to pay a non refundable fee to pay it back.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .