tiaposy vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just had an offer of around 1/3 of what I am claiming from halifax credit card - £332.50, although they say they cannot pay back charges after 1st August as the charges are correct as per the OFT guidelines!

Few questions:

Firstly, I am sending a rejection of offer letter back, but will they send me the £332.50 anyway or do I have to wait for a better offer/court.

I am so low on funds, was slightly tempted to take the money & run, but I am trying to claim £906 with interest.

Secondly, their time is up on Thursday 8th March anyway - should I just proceed to court or should I wait a week or so

thirdly, they say I am not entitled to the 8% interest without a court order - is this correct?

Thanks, any help much appreciated

although they say they cannot pay back charges after 1st August as the charges are correct as per the OFT guidelines!

True, unfortunately for Halifax, the OFT guideline is just that, not the law.

their time is up on Thursday 8th March anyway - should I just proceed to court

Yes

they say I am not entitled to the 8% interest without a court order - is this correct?

The moment you file at court, you will be entitled to it.

• 2 months later...

Have been waiting 3 months for my statements, so went into a branch and asked for them there. Told there would be no charge. Rang up head office to chase and guess what - they had charged my £5.00! Anyway received a list of charges (when I actually specified I wanted my statements because I didn't trust them) so I rang head office and said they had one week to send statements. Well, the postman must have loved me on Thursday - go about 40 different envelopes with my statements in them!!