We need your help folks! Re old T&Cs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone, lets really get on the case here.

New or recent T&C's are useful, but only so far as they prove a change in their stance, which also proves the banks awareness or concern about the actual validity of their old T&C's.

But we do all still need any old T&C's for any bank and any account to build up a library.

SO:

Have a good look in your own files, attic, garage etc etc

BUT ALSO :

1/Ask your friends, familly, work colleagues, neighbours, all and anyone, regardless if they are taking any actions themselves.

2/Do a mass text to everyone on you mobile phone.

3/Send out a mass email to everyone in you address book.

4/ Stick a notice up in your local pub, gym, village hall etc.

AND

Put a link to this thread in your signature !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

hi ive just found my t&c from when i opened natwest account in 1998 but i dont have a scanner? is there any other way?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

archer_66: it's not ideal, but you could try using a digital camera if you have one/can get access to one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/90721-i-need-your-help.html#post830459

Wilks_77: I think CAG will be able to do it, if you just send the image files (TIFF or BMP are best). My understanding is you shoudl send them to [email protected]. If they can't do it, I can. If you PM me, I'll give you an email address to send them to - I should be able to return PDFed versions to you within a few hours.

archer_66: it's not ideal, but you could try using a digital camera if you have one/can get access to one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/90721-i-need-your-help.html#post830459

Wilks_77: I think CAG will be able to do it, if you just send the image files (TIFF or BMP are best). My understanding is you shoudl send them to [email protected]. If they can't do it, I can. If you PM me, I'll give you an email address to send them to - I should be able to return PDFed versions to you within a few hours.

indeed, sent them to that email address please.

thanks archer/stax/everyone!

Right have found several UN-opened credit card envelopes in garage containing application forms with T&C and bumph that comes with them, don't know if they will be of any use but these are,

MORE TH>N (LLOYD'S TSB)Pre- June 2004

CAPITAL ONE (quick application) Pre- April 2004

TRUSTCARD(LLOYD'S TSB) Pre- May 2004

MARBLES(HFC BANK) Jan 2004

CITI(CITIGROUP) Pre- June 2004

Also T&C for Debenhams 2004 ? and HSBC Business 2004

I don't need any of these so can forward on if they are of any use, really glad I had a look because have found several other things that may be of use to me against MBNA:D

Regards MM

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Right have found several UN-opened credit card envelopes in garage containing application forms with T&C and bumph that comes with them, don't know if they will be of any use but these are,

MORE TH>N (LLOYD'S TSB)Pre- June 2004

CAPITAL ONE (quick application) Pre- April 2004

TRUSTCARD(LLOYD'S TSB) Pre- May 2004

MARBLES(HFC BANK) Jan 2004

CITI(CITIGROUP) Pre- June 2004

Also T&C for Debenhams 2004 ? and HSBC Business 2004

I don't need any of these so can forward on if they are of any use, really glad I had a look because have found several other things that may be of use to me against MBNA:D

Regards MM

indeed

these would be very useful.

please scan them if you can and send them to

mailto:[email protected]

Hi,

Is there an address that you could PM me with so I can forward them on?If not I will persevere with the scanning, but there is quite a lot!!!:)

I am currently trying to arrange an address... hopefully I can sort one out very soon.

thanks for your efforts, it's great how folks have pulled together to get these T&Cs sorted.

Just found some T&C's for Lloyds TSB. I changed my account recently from a premier account to a basic account, where they sent me a letter with some relevant T&C's.

Also on the letter is a section on the Lloyds TSb website on overdraft charges. Lloyds TSB - Rates and Charges this may help.

THEY WOULD BE NEW ONES, WHICH ARE REFERRING TO FEES AS SERVICE CHARGES. WE REALLY NEED TO GET COPIES OF OLDER ONES FROM WHEN THEY SPECIFICALLY REFER TO UNAUTHORISED BORROWING AND CHARGES FOR BEING OD.

Hey crusher,

Could we have an update as to what actual T&C's have been provided?

Also is there gonna be a section where they can be downloaded if needed by claimants.

This would be really useful for members.

Share and share alike and all that.

P.S still after T&C's for Barclays current account 1993 and HSBC current account 2001.

Tanz

Hi all,

I have posted this letter I have sent off on other threads but have had no response. The letter is to request for documentation (inc T&C's) from the banks. Please have a quick read and pick any faults.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Money Claim Online Number: *******

Re. Account number: ******** Sort code: *********

I am writing to request that you send me all documented information in relation to myself and my bank account that is in your possession. I am in the process of claiming against you for what I would describe as unlawful charges that you have applied to my account over the last six years. What I specifically request from yourselves are the Terms & Conditions relevant to my account since it has been opened also any documentation in relation to me or my account. I am aware that the Terms & Conditions have recently been amended by Lloyds TSB in light of the continuing legal fight against you in relation to what I believe to be unlawful bank charges. I therefore request the Terms and Conditions issued to me when the account was originally opened and also any amendments in these T&C's over the length of my account.

These documents are required due to the fact that I am in the process of assembling my court 'bundle' in preparation for our court meeting, which the date has not yet been confirmed. It is unfortunate that this situation has come to this, but I am steadfast in by belief that I will be successful in our court case as I have done my research and put together a healthy court 'bundle' to date.

It is also unfortunate that communications have not resolved our situation, where I have only got one response from yourselves, which was the initial posting of the bank statements, where I had the £10 cheque deposited from my account. This is compared to the five letters I have written to you.

This letter was sent by recorded delivery in order for me to show the judge on the day of our court meeting, that I have done everything in my power to get relevant documentation from you before the case is heard. I have also kept copies of the other letters sent from me to yourselves in order to resolve this situation before the court hearing, which will be put before the judge. I have again attached a copy of the schedule of charges which I am claiming for, for your information.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. I feel that I am entitled to this documentation and information by law under the data protection act, and await your reply.

I look forward to your response within 40 calender days, as Lloyds TSBis obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner and also the jusge will be informed on the day of our hearing that this documentation was not disclosed.

Yours faithfully,

PS - My bank sent an acknowledgement today for my claim but they submitted a defence for my father-in-laws, fu@@ers.

Hi all,

I have posted this letter I have sent off on other threads but have had no response. The letter is to request for documentation (inc T&C's) from the banks. Please have a quick read and pick any faults.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Money Claim Online Number: *******

Re. Account number: ******** Sort code: *********

I am writing to formally request (that you send me) all documented information in relation to myself and my bank account that is in your possession. As you will be aware I am in the process of reclaiming (against you for what I would describe as) unlawful charges that you have applied to my account over the last six years.

What I specifically request from yourselves are the Terms & Conditions relevant to my account since it conception (has been opened) and any amendments applicable to that original set of terms and conditions which have been made. I also request any documentation in relation to me or my account.

(I am aware that the Terms & Conditions have recently been amended by Lloyds TSB in light of the continuing legal (fight against you in relation to what I believe to be unlawful bank charges) I therefore request the Terms and Conditions issued to me when the account was originally opened and also any amendments in these T&C's over the length of my account)

These documents are required for the preparation of (due to the fact that I am in the process of assembling) my court 'bundle' in readiness for our court meeting, for which the date has not yet been confirmed. It is unfortunate that this situation has come to this, but I am steadfast in my (by) belief that I will be successful. (in the court case as I have done my research and put together a healthy court 'bundle' to date)

It is (also) unfortunate that communications to date have not resolved (our) this situation. (, where) I have only received(got)one response from your company (yourselves), which was the initial posting of the bank statements, for which the £10 charge was drawn from my account. (where I had the £10 cheque deposited from my account) This is compared to the five letters I have written to you.

I am sending this letter (This letter was sent) by recorded delivery in order for (me) to demonstrate (show) to the judge at the hearing (on the day of our court meeting) that I have done everything in my power to get relevant documentation from you before the case is heard. I have also kept copies of the other letters sent (from me) to yourselves in order to resolve this situation (before the court hearing), which will form a section of the bundle.(be put before the judge). I have again attached a copy of the schedule of charges which I am claiming (for,) for your information.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10 for the data requested. I feel that I am entitled to this documentation and information by law under the Data Protection Act, and await your reply within the allowed 40 calender days

(I look forward to your response within 40 calender days, as Lloyds TSBis obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act.) If this request is not dealt with in the 40 days allowed (not) I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner and inform the Judge on the day of the hearing that this documentation was not disclosed.(also the Judge will be informed on the day of our hearing that this documentation was not disclosed.)

Yours faithfully,

PS - My bank sent an acknowledgement today for my claim but they submitted a defence for my father-in-laws, fu@@ers.

Hi had a read of your letter and as you can see made a few amendments (bit like the banks terms and conditions!)

The sections in red are the bits I would add in. The sections in blue are the bits I would leave out. This is only my opinion, apparently im quite good at letter writing :oops:

Just a quickie...i woudnt use your ps (above) as your signature unless you want them to throw it in the bin ;)

Hope this helps

wilks77

Is this an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) (subject Access request) for information?

If so it should be headed as a Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Look at the FAQ's and step by step section about the proper process for sending them. Fine to make modifications to what you are requesting, but in order to be complied with under the Data Protection Act it must state that it is a Subject Access Request.

regards

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks for the help with the letter, the PS was for you guy's and gals in CAG not for the letter itself, my apologies.

Also its not an SAR, as I have already had my statements and am in the middle of the court proceedings.

Thanks to both of you photoman and mrsfoot for your time to read it. Sent it off today, so hopefully I'll hear something.

cheers

Okay,

I'm thinking that I may apply to revise my POC's.

This is in light of the fact that the Bank, despite several requests have still as yet failed to produce a copy of the original contract.

However, I do actually have several signed agreements that relate to various overdraft facilities agreed on several occasions throughout the period (and I do believe they fit all the criteria required to be considered as contracts, ie; an exchange of agreements in consideration for others by the other party, signed dated and exchanged).

I am thinking that I may ask that the court allows me to amend my POC's to incorporate an amendment to paragraph 2 (which related to my contract in just a singular sense) to also encompass and be widened to include these subsequent contracts.

These agreements do very explicitly state a set overdraft limit that MUST (their words) not be exceeded.

Thus by exceeding or attempting to exceed these limits set, I have clearly broken the terms of the contract.

They do go on to say that charges as published etc are applicable to the account, HOWEVER...

They also state that this limit is INCLUDING any charges, interests and costs.

Firstly, any views on this?

Secondly, how do I go about filing such an amendment?

Thirdly, any suggestions for the wording?

Regards

PM

Okay,

I'm thinking that I may apply to revise my POC's.

This is in light of the fact that the Bank, despite several requests have still as yet failed to produce a copy of the original contract.

However, I do actually have several signed agreements that relate to various overdraft facilities agreed on several occasions throughout the period (and I do believe they fit all the criteria required to be considered as contracts, ie; an exchange of agreements in consideration for others by the other party, signed dated and exchanged).

I am thinking that I may ask that the court allows me to amend my POC's to incorporate an amendment to paragraph 2 (which related to my contract in just a singular sense) to also encompass and be widened to include these subsequent contracts.

These agreements do very explicitly state a set overdraft limit that MUST (their words) not be exceeded.

Thus by exceeding or attempting to exceed these limits set, I have clearly broken the terms of the contract.

They do go on to say that charges as published etc are applicable to the account, HOWEVER...

They also state that this limit is INCLUDING any charges, interests and costs.

Firstly, any views on this? Sounds like a good plan.

Secondly, how do I go about filing such an amendment? N244 form see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/41901-form-n244-application-notice.html

Thirdly, any suggestions for the wording? I would keep it simple and to the point.

Regards

PM