We need your help folks! Re old T&Cs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello has anyone got t+cs for skycard/barclays from 2005.asked bank for them havnt recieved them need to send cort bundkes by next week?:rolleyes:
Write to the bank's solicitors, tell them the bank has not complied wit your request and that you are requesting them under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©. Copy the letter to the court. That should do it

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• Haha 1

can anyone advise just been told by a good friend that abbey national have offerd him 30% of money asked from bank even though he sent off a letter to refuse it and said that he wants to take them to court abbey national refunded only £170 and took another £170 stateing it was for pending bank charges since he wrote off 10 weeks ago, that he feels do not exist, he is a student and needs every penny he has phoned up those people in the paper that say they can claim the charges for him for help, can he take them to court? can he do this by himself without help? his charges were for £870

can anyone advise just been told by a good friend that abbey national have offerd him 30% of money asked from bank even though he sent off a letter to refuse it and said that he wants to take them to court abbey national refunded only £170 and took another £170 stateing it was for pending bank charges since he wrote off 10 weeks ago, that he feels do not exist, he is a student and needs every penny he has phoned up those people in the paper that say they can claim the charges for him for help, can he take them to court? can he do this by himself without help? his charges were for £870

miamia,

OK, calm down & take a deep breath!

First of all, sit down with your friend (2 heads are usually better than 1) and start at the top of this site. If your friend is smart enough to get on a degree course, this suggests he is more than capable of reclaiming his charges without some slimy carpetbagging bandwagon jumping company. There is a lot for your friend to learn from the site to effectively reclaim his charges, & I know students have better things to do (I was at uni for 5 yrs) but isn't it worth a bit of graft for £870 that he probably though he'd never see again.

Like I say, there's plenty of help here, but your friend needs to put the legwork in to benefit from it.:-)

You/he should also start your own thread on the abbey section of the forum8)

April 2007: Claim v Abbey settled £680!

July 2007: Claim 2 for £307 WON! after quiet word from the bailiff!!

RBOS Royalties Account T&Cs circa 1989 - in .pdf http://www.britcom.org.uk/cag/Royalties_T&C_circa_1989.pdf

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

What appear to be Halifax's T&Cs circa Jan 2003 :Halifax - Bank Accounts

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

It seems that the T&C's for Lloyds TSB 2001 are still proving to be elusive

If you send me a PM with an email address I can forward them to you.

Same applies to anyone else who needs them.

Photoman

PS: I haven't actually checked the new library we have to see if they are in there. Will do later, and send in if not there.

PPS: It was actually Tanzarelli who kindly gave me them, so thank him.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

If you send me a PM with an email address I can forward them to you.

Same applies to anyone else who needs them.

Photoman

PS: I haven't actually checked the new library we have to see if they are in there. Will do later, and send in if not there.

PPS: It was actually Tanzarelli who kindly gave me them, so thank him.

Thank you my man!

And thanks to Tanzarelli too :D

PM sent

What do we need to highlight in the T&C's to bring to the attention of the judge?

Things like you must keep your account in credit blah blah blah or else we will charge you silly money.

Wording and terms that are showing that they have recently changed the wording to show that they are cloaking or vieling the charges in an attempt to make out they are providing you with a service which you don't want and is not useful.

Terms that show liquidated damages etc.

Tanz

Things like you must keep your account in credit blah blah blah or else we will charge you silly money.

Wording and terms that are showing that they have recently changed the wording to show that they are cloaking or vieling the charges in an attempt to make out they are providing you with a service which you don't want and is not useful.

Terms that show liquidated damages etc.

Tanz

So is it an idea to have a copy of their most recent T&C's too, so that we can show what they've changed

For example in "LTSB A Guide to our Banking Charges" leaflet of 2001 it says clearly:

"If you decide you need an overdraft or think you might go overdrawn, please contact your branch. It's cheaper for you to arrange an overdraft in advance, rather that going overdrawn without agreeing it with us first. Setting up an overdraft costs you nothing. If you go overdrawn without agreement or go above an agreed limit, we charge you a higher rate of interest for this unauthorised borrowing."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I don't know if anyone can help but would like to proceed to court stage but I am reluctant without T&C. I have a business account with LLoyds Oct 2000. I have heard that those that have failed with their claims have done so because they have no T&C. I have asked my bank but funnily enough there was no-one in the business sector there the day I went in however will try again.

Ermie :confused:

You need them for the year you opened the account and for any year when (if) you changed the sort of account you have (eg if you signed up for a premium acount like NatWest's Advantage Gold)