HSBC calling at work

racer1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC have just called my work number....they didn't like it I told them I wasn't prepared to speak to them in the office. They also can't tell me how they got my work number but claim it's now erased from the system. They called my direct line rather than coming through switchboard etc which is slightly weird.

How could they have got my number, and what rights do I have if they keep calling it?

Had a similar problem with work and mobile numbers - dont know where they got them from.

I demanded that both numbers be withdrawn from their system 2 weeks ago ( i had to speak to a supervisor) and that all future correspondance would only be dealt with in writing.

So far i have heard nothing more from them.

Worth a try!

I too have received calls from HSBC at work and told them NEVER to call me at work again!!:mad:

I also received a call yesterday on my home number telling me that I was over my agreed overdrafs limit! I explained to the man I could barley understand that there was an ongoing court case and that as soon as I have been refunded all the bank charges they have taken from me illegally I will repay my overdraft in full! :)

The main reason I am over my agreed limit is their Damn bank charges anyway!:-x

I have also read another thread that constant phoning can be classed as harrassment and the police / BT can become involved.

I believe you must keep a record of times/ who called you (name and extension etc) if it goes on a while longer i would speak to BT (or whoever your provider is)

John

a couple of months bak hsbc rang my mobile which ive never given them the number for, not only that they rang me at 9.15pm cos i was £20 overdrawn, takes alot for me to lose my temper but i was outraged and i let the rude person from hsbc know about it,how dare he ring at that time of night

They keep calling still and to be honest calling and leaving a vm stating only my name and calls where it rings once and cuts me off is really annoying me! I am going to send them a telephone harrasment letter. Had a call again last night at home - all they've been trying to contact me for is to tell me exactly what they sent me in a letter last week, ie I've just crept over my overdraft limit.

I explained to the woman on the phone that this number and style of calls wasn't acceptable and I require all future communication to be in writing - especially when she's calling to tell me something they've sent in a letter. She said they couldn't guarantee calls stopping but I told her she had to!