• Tweets

• Lowell , Cabot etc, I'm not sure how I can politely put this, but F taking money from your kids mouths to pay them!
    • Yes, they are digging themselves into a ditch, with regard to people like you who fight back. Remember that, sadly, the vast majority of motorists who get these tickets think they are fines, that companies like ECP have some sort of official status, and give in and pay. They are just putting barriers in your way and encouraging you to fold. How about this as a reply - Dear ECP, Re: Subject Access Request PCN no.XXXXX I refer to my Subject Access Request dated XXXXX and received by yourselves on XXXXX. Thank you for your bizarre letter of 23 April.  Your letter requests Photo ID - which I have already sent to you.  The letter also requests proof of ownership of the vehicle - this is impossible to produce as the vehicle in question was on hire. In any case requests for proof of ownership are silly given your PCNs invite registered keepers to nominate drivers who do not own vehicles. I note all this concern for correct identity was absent when you decided to send letters threatening me with all & sundry if I didn't pay you money! The SAR was received on XXXXX.  I have already sent Photo ID.  The clock is ticking.  I am well aware that I would have the right to complain to the ICO and to sue you for not respecting your statutory duty should you not respect the 30-day deadline. Tick, tock. Yours, XXXXX
    • none of their ruddy business! and if they have been pressuring you in o borrowing from friends and family .. THAT IS WRONG AND AGAINST THE REGULATIONS...if you have that in B&W you need to REPORT THEM. once a debt is defaulted and it gone from your file it can never come back. not without a fight in court you won't. i think you are getting confused here , just because you've been paying 'creditors' via and IVA it does NOT mean the debt can re-appear on your file, and it does not mean you are more likely to get more CCJ attempts. statute barring is 6yrs from a debts last payment, but that can't change anything on your credit file. i really wish you hadn't sent that letter. please dont do anything more now unless you check with us first..no calls, in/out. no emails in/out no letters in/out....thats if you want our help.... NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS STOP GROVELLING to them. could have been worded alot better and more forcefully. dx    
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

District Judge Cooke. On a mission?

podgydad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys

Please lets keep this civil.

Positive acts of helping others do not by necessity require that they are done purely out of a sense of kindness and goodness, and so for nothing in return.

We would have no Doctors or Ambulance drivers if that was the case, they have to eat too !

There are plenty of people who are not able (or simply cannot be bothered) to undertake these actions unaided.

If companies exist that offer to help these people, it is upto themselves to make the decision to use this route themselves.

Provided the service is offered at a reasonable price I see no harm in this, as they still benefit due to the fact that without such they would very unlikely have got anything at all. and the cause against the Banks is strenghtened.

So in principle such a route does have merits for some.

I agree that there are a lot of Charlatans that have sprung up in a hope of cashing in, but it is upto each individual to decide whom to use, and unfortunate if they choose one (or just cannot be bothered to shop around).

I also agree that these companies give the cause in general a bad name. Perhaps the only solution to ensure that all companies and individual claimants do not get tarred with the same brush is some form of regulation.

I do not know the exact terms that podgydad operates on, so am not unequivocably backing or defending him, but I do admire the fact that he has been brave enough to come on here and open a debate about this.

To say that his existence relies upon these unjust acts in the first place is also a bit unfair. To maintain the above analogy, it's like saying that Doctors rely upon disease's for their existence. Also, we are are also welcome to use the NHS for free, but others prefer to go private.

Personal choice, same outcome.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolls eyes.

Nope, its something that has taken your interest and in a way you have become a little addicted to the cause of fighting the banks. You do this because it makes you feel good, it makes you feel like you're in control and are some kind of moral champion. So get off your high horse Jesus.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in helping people and making money out of it. You disagree with that and that's fine, just don't think that you are somehow morally superior.

:lol: Sorry podgydad, but as I know Mindzai very well I can say with confidence that that is definitely not the case. He helps people out in all kinds of areas for free because he likes to help people. He doesn't do it to make him feel in control and that's exactly the same when he's helped people with bank charges. He's just a genuinely helpful person and so am I, and I'm sure many people on here are too. :)

I've said before that maybe companies like yours would do much better if instead of charging a percentage - bearing in mind this could amount to a ridiculously disproportionate sum of money for the work you've done - you should charge a set fee per claim. I believe that the majority of people who disagree with these businesses are doing so because they stand to get a large portion from each claimant's winnings, when really it should be staying with them. I just can't understand why charging a set fee instead of a percentage would be an impossibility and it would be much more fair - they'd probably get more business that way. ;)

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But come on, admit it, you enjoy it. It must feel great to be a consumer champion and to be respected by those you are helping.

Despite what many might think, we are not going to make an obscene amount of money out of this. You'd be surprised how difficult it has been setting this company up and managing it, we do work hard.

I got a quote from our solicitors the other day, and they wanted £250 per client just to handle the court phase. We also have to factor in a high percentage of bad debt in to our fee also. As a result, I think our fee is pretty fair.

I'm pretty honest about why I do this, to make money, but as I've said its very rewarding too. If you don't give people a good service and you rip them off, you're business won't do that well. I can honestly say, after 7 months of doing this we've not had a single dissatisfied customer.

But are you qualified? and if so why seek advice from here for free.

If I wanted a doctor I would want a qualified one be it NHS or private not one who had to rely on the encyclopidia of home remidies. and by the way I have read ALL your posts and it for that very reason I am concerned about the service you provide under the lable of CMC.

As I have said all along i am not against CMCs just cowboys. I also fail to understand why you knock people who are unselfish and caring enough to help others without disiring any monatory gain but purly for the fact that they can and do whilst others can yet don't.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Photoman:-

I also agree that these companies give the cause in general a bad name. Perhaps the only solution to ensure that all companies and individual claimants do not get tarred with the same brush is some form of regulation.
All claims management companies have to registered and authorised as of 23rd April this year under the Compensation Act 2006. This was mainly due to the "have you hurt your leg in the past 6 years people"

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Photoman:-

All claims management companies have to registered and authorised as of 23rd April this year under the Compensation Act 2006. This was mainly due to the "have you hurt your leg in the past 6 years people"

If you did you'd be flogging a deed horse as you must claim within '3' years in the case of PI unless there are very extenuating circumstances and then you would need the courts permission to proceed

No harm done I hope by the way are you a penuriosus or penurious? winking though the smilies appear to be asleep!

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

would a coma count, i think i'm going into one.:D

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Last night i flicked through this thread and your post Pen brought it back to me today. I'm mostly shocked at the things that have been said here.

Why do some people assume a CMC needs to find information on CAG, there are many such sites and information well documented for all to find. It is this kind of attitude that saw of good contributors such as billk.

And how many people got their money back using CAG and did not bother to donate a red cent towards the upkeep of the site. Many will join all the forums and cream the best from them.

Your assuming people do not have a choice and it is basically wrong to do so, people like podgydad will have up to the moment feedback which, could prove vital in the grand scheme of things, I'm just pleased to see that some people like penuriosus and paulc had the common sense to stand on the side of anyone who is standing up to the establishment.

I know a woman in her 60's who's husband just died, the poor old soul is in a wheel chair and can't even get out the house as she has no local relatives or friends to help her out, let alone get on a PC and sift through thousands of posts on here. HSBC left her with no money to eat for two weeks as they bashed her account with numerous charges, guess I am an ambulance chaser for helping her.

I feel very disappointed now having read this thread. :(

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Sorry to but in all...

But just had to tell everyone about this wonderful programme that BBC3 have been broadcasting.

It's called "Filthy Rich & Homeless"

Basically thay have taken 4 extremely rich priviledged peeps and made them rough it, living on the streets, homeless, without their credit cards, valets and without a penny to live on.

Last week , they paired them all up with some genuine homeless peeps, in order to learn the ways of the street and the truths and myths of it all.

It was some of the best TV I have seen in years !!

Some of the filthy rich were so arrogant and snobbish about their gudes at first, accusing them of all manner of things,; laziness, drunkeness, bad attitudes, etc

By the end of the programme ALL (even the most snobby) were broken literally into tears, sobbing about how their own attitudes to life were so misguided, and in need of an overhaul.

They had all also decided that their guides were some of the most wonderful genuine people they had ever met... friends for life.

BRILLIANT TV !!!!!

......... and something that a lot of people that we all deal with could really all benefit from going through !!

WATCH IT !!!

It's on tonight and repeated later in week.

Here's the link to the schedule and review.

BBC - What's On - Advanced Search Results

Best regards to all

photoman

PS: Episode 3 of 4 is on at 9pm tonight (5 min time ) (but repeated later in week if you can't drag yourself away from CAG right now)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

I know a woman in her 60's who's husband just died, the poor old soul is in a wheel chair and can't even get out the house as she has no local relatives or friends to help her out, let alone get on a PC and sift through thousands of posts on here. HSBC left her with no money to eat for two weeks as they bashed her account with numerous charges, guess I am an ambulance chaser for helping her.

Well, that depends. Will you be charging her between 25 and 40% for doing it? :eek:

And Photoman:

By the end of the programme ALL (even the most snobby) were broken literally into tears, sobbing about how their own attitudes to life were so misguided, and in need of an overhaul.

They had all also decided that their guides were some of the most wonderful genuine people they had ever met... friends for life.

Go back in 1 year (I'm being generous here) and let's see how much real changes have been made once the cameras have been turned off. I'd take a bet not that much. :-|

Hi Nevos, I was disappointed to read your post and comments especially this one.

"Your assuming people do not have a choice and it is basically wrong to do so,"

If you read my posts you would have read that i have nothing against CMCs . I have said all along there are many people who for some reason or another will need the that service CMCs provide. I am aware that not everyone has a PC and that there are hundreds of reasons why people are unable to claim for themselves such as the one example you have mentioned.

In my previous posts, "I have agreed that there are some very good CMCs who are qualified professional companies, and I have agreed that some people are unable to help themselves when it comes to making a claim yes we all know that's a fact " so please if you show me a post that i have written on this thread where i assume people do not have a choice then please direct me to it and I will edit it. I have never ever implied that it is wrong to use CMCs far from it but what I have said is that it is wrong for people to set themselves up as CMCs and charge for this service who are not qualified and know little about consumer law. We could all get the information this site brings to help others and in fact most of us do, even when claims against the banks have been won, I could name hundreds on this site who have helped me and still are even though they are no longer claiming themselves, that i am sure was and still is the intention of this site, if we know of people who need help claiming back bank chargers then we help them and informed them of this site and the support it brings. Can just imagine, the founder of this site would probably be a millionaire today if he kept all the information needed to claim back chargers to himself and started his own business out of it, but he didnt he started this site to help us and for us to help others. I for one will be forever in his debt because of the help and support this site has given me and through that help I have been able to empower others to help themselves whether they own a PC or not. Can you tell me one CMC who has given the details of this site to their clients hmmm maybe maybe not

The owner of this site, I feel terribly ignorant that I do not know his name and will make a point of looking it up, does not ask for a fee only a contribution. In fact It is my understanding that he only asks of those who can afford it, not the unemployed or infirm so maybe that is a reason not everyone has managed to pay the contribution simple because of more pressing debts. One thing i can be sure on is that he will not be sending threatening letters or the bailiffs to those have not paid a contribution, why is that do you think?

My post before this one was entered to bring some humor in to this thread not a knock at the owner, you should see that the thread swayed of course onto a lighter note that of personal injury and yes i know personal injury is a serious matter but we can't all be serious all the time.:)

PM, sad as it may seem, i am waiting to watch the one on Paris Hilton after her jail sentance. I wonder if she will change her driving habits after a spell in jail?

cases won

Hi Pen,

Hi Nevos, I was disappointed to read your post and comments especially this one.

"Your assuming people do not have a choice and it is basically wrong to do so,"

You better file an application to have my post set aside hehe;)

Make Cash Flow Forecast

what's one of them

cases won

Well, that depends. Will you be charging her between 25 and 40% for doing it? :eek:

And Photoman:

Go back in 1 year (I'm being generous here) and let's see how much real changes have been made once the cameras have been turned off. I'd take a bet not that much. :-|

Bookworm

Sadly, I do reluctantly agree, leopards don't change their spots that easily.

Although I'm not predicting some "christmas carol" style revolutionary lifestyle change, something will be better than nothing, and there are a lot of similar reality checks way, way overdue amongst many of the banks officials and solicitors that we all deal with.

At the very least, it may make other people like them who are viewing and had similar attitudes, change their ways and attitudes to some degree, and realise that being fortunate in life is not an excuse to look down, and even worse still, take advantage of others.

.. and this is progress... every journey starts with a single step.

PM: Remember Gordon Brown made some TV prog where he was sent to take over a family on income support for a week, think he got sick of beans on toast after a while.

I'm ignoring the bit about 25 to 40% as a ridiculous suggestion.:rolleyes:

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Nevos - thanks for your comments. There are way too many people on here who seem to be way too quick to judge with no real understanding of what they are talking about. They also don't realise that people involved with CMC's offer a vast amount of information on this site for free and try to help people wherever possible. I didn't hear anyone moan when information taken from a barristers report costing £500 + VAT on the ERC issue was published on the site to underline why people should withdraw from their claims to avoid anyone getting stung. That report was paid for by a CMC.

At the end of the day we are all here for one reason, to get one back on the banks. OK, some people do it professionally but, like it or not, there are thousands of people out there who for a vast number of reasons would rather have a pro handle their case. It seems unfair that they should miss out. The days of the ambulance chaser are gone (a phrase which refers to the PI industry and not financial claims I hasten to add) and with the introduction of the Compensation Act 2006 which came into force on the 23rd April 2007 any company now offering CMC services is regulated up to the hilt and closely monitored by the Ministry of Justice. There are very serious consequences for anyone who is not fully compliant with current regulation.

I think we should stop the petty and self-righteous arguments about CMC's and get on with the job in hand.

I'm ignoring the bit about 25 to 40% as a ridiculous suggestion.:rolleyes:

Why?

You asked: "If I help this old lady, does that make me an ambulance chaser?"

Answer: That depends whether you will be charging her 25 to 40%. If you did, then yes, that would make you ambulance chaser. If you don't charge her at all, that makes you a considerate and helpful soul.

That is what the argument was about, was it not? :cool:

And Pen, the ownerS of this site are BankFodder and Dave. If you can make it to the Hampstead Heath picnic, you can shake their hands and thank them in person. :wink:

WillS: I fully agree with you! The Banks are the ones ripping people off and now claims have become harder and harder to materialise for the lay person then, any kind of help even paid help is well worth it.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

PM: Remember Gordon Brown made some TV prog where he was sent to take over a family on income support for a week, think he got sick of beans on toast after a while.

I thought it was Micheal Portillo ex MP, who was sent to look after a working single mum's 5 children in liverpool for a week.

cases won

still not 'really' real life. Not until they live for at least a week with a family who are being hounded by DCA's. Thats 'real' life for most of them now on benefits

Yep, they can't imagine life in the real world, probably was Portillo Pen, thanks! NatWest took me out of business about 9 years ago, we hit rock bottom believe me, one of my kids had his heart set on a big blue tractor from toys-r-us, i stuck it on my gold amex lol, i thought in for a penny in for a pound...Jan 1 cut them all up and sent them back and i'm still paying it back. I hate the banks so much. At that time people were claiming against the banks for wrecking good companies, I recall one farmer being paid out by Barclays an undisclosed amount on the steps of the court, in my case it would have cost £35K to take NatWest to task and I simply couldn't find £35 quid spare after it all. I am so happy that people get their charges back and many many have with help from the people here in CAG, keep up the great work everyone, end of speech.

Make Cash Flow Forecast