£6,000 charges..help!!

ksmarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Kim here

Im new..have recieved letter today from lloyds, basic standard i think, saying blah blah, you cant have your charges back

now going to send my LBA, but i am so scared as my charges come to over £6,000

need some help and someone to hold my hand over this!!

do i post letter to Andover?

thanks

thanks, going to to the letter now, keep your fingers crossed

have you heard of anyone else claiming for this kind of amount successfully...they all seem to be smaller amounts

kim :confused:

Hi

Yes I've read of loads of successful claim of high amounts, have a look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/

No it doesn't make any difference what type of account it is, although you can't claim for the monthly account fees for having a Gold account as you probably know.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi, kim, I am at the same stage as you, I have just received the stock refusal letter, and I sending LBA in the post tomorrow, my claim is for £6142 :-(. If it gets to the court stage I shall probably split the claim into two seperate ones. Hopefully this will avoid any problems with small claims limit.

Just off to post my letter by recorded delivery, very worried after watching GMTV....

If I have to go to court with it, is £6,000 too much for the small claims court..does anyone know?

thanks and good luck to you all

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..Kim here

I posted my LBA on May 17th by recorded delivery and as advised on here Ive gone to the royal mail website to check that Lloyds have received the letter.

According to royal mail nobodys signed for it yet so it cant be tracked..

Has anyone else had this problem??? surely they would have received it by now???

Hi Kim

I too sent my LBA (on the 18th) Royal Mail T&T shows it as not being delivered or trackable. I 'phoned RM and they stated that if it has not been delivered, it will be returned to me within 15 days!

Kim, where did you send yours to? I sent mine to Gresham St. Perhaps they are now refusing to receive the LBA's if so, I guess i have to hand it in at my local branch.

J

Hi

The Royal Mail site is notorious for not showing up as delivered. As far as I'm concerned, you have proof that you have sent it, so just carry on to the next stage of your claim.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

In view of the above and taking a look at the Royal Mail website it may be a good idea to use their special delivery service. Although it may cost extra, You can get an elctronic proof of delivery within 2 days as opposed to 5 with recorded delivery and as their website suggests that electronic proof is not always available for recorded.

And if the bank decide to take it all the way to the wire and settle before the hearing you can always apply for a wasted costs order and claim for your postage as well as your time.

I'm afraid that the Special Delivery service is almost as bad.

I have a claim against Royal Mail for 9 failed 'guaranteed next day' or 'signatures'...

It's a bloody nightmare.

• Haha 1

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I'm afraid that the Special Delivery service is almost as bad.

I have a claim against Royal Mail for 9 failed 'guaranteed next day' or 'signatures'...

It's a bloody nightmare.

Yeh thats a good point, No consistantcy these day poor service just like we are receiving from the banks.......????

On various occasions, it will say on the royal mail website that it hasn't been signed for yet. and then the next day I'll get a reply from my letter lol. everyone must remember that banks get lots more letters now because of the charges revelation. so they can't sign for everything. I don't mind as long as it gets there! lol

• 1 month later...

I have just spoken to Penny Berryman and shes told me that she

has nothing to do with bank charges at all, so tha

Now, I think It was a waste of time ..dont bother ringing her!!!

Im sooo frustrated as i dont know what to do next...

Got my statements back in May and then wrote asking for charges back, received usual get lost letter so then sent LBA on May 16th..heard nothing..

After reading something on Martin Lewis' website about asking for 25% less, I did so, posting letter by registered mail on June 15th. In this letter, you ask for your charges to be paid within 14 days and yet again ...have heard nothing!

Now, I think that I shall have to start court proceedings and have started filling out the form at MCOL...any ideas how you word the box that you have to give details of the claim in???

sorry, if it sounds thick, but im at the point of giving up as its all scary, but i have a lot of money at stake..£6,000!!

please help

kim

Ok dont panic.

firstly I advise you to use the N1 and not MCOL. Using he N1 allows you to have a more detailed Poc. All the letters and templates are located in the template library. Read the top of this forum for guidance when dealing with Lloyds.

3 threads merged please stick to this 1.