Hsbc Total Charges

plastickpaddy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You got it in one. THey are legit charges.

Are you filing to change your POC on this. I dont think i ever found out what & how you came to the amount to claim. Nothing at beginning of this thread ?

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Just had look back over thread, i got this feeling you claimed for all the charges ie overdraft & commision charges on the account as stated on the statement. am i right. if yes, it can still, i think be sorted.

On way home soon, so will log on bit later. Try listing bit more of what you claimed for or PM if you want it kept quiet. we'll get you sorted.

In meantime get all statements and summary sheets in order so you can start to put into spreadsheet. have look at this one

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Copy & paste onto your desktop & will play later

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks very much Celicaman. My original claim was based on total charges from my statements. It was via this and other threads that I realised i required the breakdown. Do I now need to amend my POC (How do I do that?) When i have worked out the new claim, do i send the details to the court and DG, or do I send it straight to HSBC a Canada Square? I have a notice of directions in late July (managed to get it adjourned as I am on holiday) - so I feel I am now a bit pushed for time. I really appreciate your time in this matter....

Paddy.

if you are going to amend you poc's it needs to be done using a N244 and here are the directions for doing it - and they must be followed - right the way through. i'm not saying to amend - i haven't actually read your thread - and i can't read it now - i'm simply providing you with the thread to follow if you are going to do it:

The "Claim Too vague" defence and guide to amending a claim

you must file it - pay the fee - wait for the judge to approve it - re-serve dg with the amended claim and let the court know you have done so sending in another form.

maybe you should pm a moderator or site helper to see if this is what needs doing.

Thanks very much Celicaman. My original claim was based on total charges from my statements. It was via this and other threads that I realised i required the breakdown. Do I now need to amend my POC (How do I do that?) When i have worked out the new claim, do i send the details to the court and DG, or do I send it straight to HSBC a Canada Square? I have a notice of directions in late July (managed to get it adjourned as I am on holiday) - so I feel I am now a bit pushed for time. I really appreciate your time in this matter....

Paddy.

Ok Paddy, I stiil find it hard to se how it has gone as far as it has without the bank noting that you have claimed things you should not have. Have you had an offer at all from them, or anything to say you cant claim this.

Im sure it will be picked up at some point and could end with it being thrown out of court.

You will have to file a N244 amendment to claim form. ASAP

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/41901-form-n244-application-notice.html

Read up about it. Basically you re apply amended POC to the court to have your claim amneded. It costs £35 non refunadable ( your fault not banks) you file with court, judge looks at it, he happy, he ok it. It is then sent back to to you. It is then YOUR responsability to reserve it to the bank or the acting solicitors, you then have to wait ( i think) their ok of the amended POC

i say again Read up on it, make sure you get it right. :)

One of the reasons you will have to use is that you asked bank for summry of charges etc and they sent statements with the charges as listed in your claim, so you believed that was what you could claim. After threatening bank with SARS you eventually received a full breakdown of actual costs of unlawfull charges etc, us t to your best advantage as had the bank supplied correct info as requested, you would not have hadto waste the courts time etc.

use the spreadsheet i listed above and using the statement as well as summary sheets, you will be able to claim for the portion of Debit interest charged that relates to the charges only, and youcan add that to the charges and then the 8% onto that

Try to post as much of your actual wording on your thread so peeps can run eyes over it for you and make sure no mistakes as very easy to do something wrong, stick to the templates and help and youll win your claim ( Just wont be as much as you originally thought though LOL)

You know where we are if you need help

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi Lattie you just posted before me, i been following his thread :) A Mod prob would be an idea as claim will be a lot different to amanded.

Burning midnight oil again, got to get bundle ready for next week

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi, thanks. I have done a qick calculation before going to work, and my claim wil be roughly chopped by about £700. I will have to ammend the POC asking for £706 + interest (£218 approx.)I will send the form to the court today and enclose ammended spreadsheet. Will also send a letter to DG, you never know, they might well settle now???????

Will also send a letter to DG, you never know, they might well settle now???????

You just gotta Love an optomist LOL :)

Did you manage to add the overdraft interest on that or not claiming that

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

UNBELEIVABLE..........Just before leaving for work, the postman delivered a letter from DG. Blah..Blah...we could defend etc...........however, we are willing to offer an ex-gratia offer of £912.07.............The sneaky b******s provided me with a breakdown that I had only just worked out, for the sake of a few pounds, it was bang on what I worked out was now the correct figure. They quoted the hearing date of 2nd July, (I have had this adjourned until the end of July, which has clearly passed them by).

This is proof to all those still claiming that even though I had clearly jumped the gun and made a few mistakes, that with the help of people on here (Lat and Celica in particular), that we are still winning. To think, I was going to spend a couple of hours at work sending ammended claims forms etc!

Thanks again Lat and Celica. Can this be posted onto successful claims?

HSBC Personal account Jan 2007 Claimed £900, settled for £800 Feb 2007

HSBC Business account Jan 2007 Claimed £924 + court fee,(would have done if I had the correct figures initially!) settled for £912.07

Do you need an acceptance letter?

This is the one I used courtesy of Lat!

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

Result!

Dont know how you pulled this one, but well done!

CM:D

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won