jam vs HSBC

justanothermuppet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I'm finally feeling organised and I'm about to send off my Preliminary Approach for repayment letter and I just wanted to check a couple of things before I send my letter.

Is the following address still the best one to send my letter to?

Arlington Business Centre,

Milshaw Park Lane,

Leeds

LS11 OPP

And do I need to send a copy of my Schedule of charges with this letter, or do I send that with my LBA?

Thanks in advance!

jam

J.a.m. Can you tell us how much your claim is for? I have a theory about what ammounts they are paying out without having to go to court stage.

sure freaky, I'm claiming for £540.

Thanks for the responses everyone, the letter has been sent today, I'll keep you posted on how it's going!

jam

I think anything up to 2k has a good chance of being settled befroe court. But there is no continuity with them at all.

Positive thinking and sticking to this sites advice is the key to a win!:)

See you all in a week! Hopefully with news of an offer!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received a letter at the end of last week, confirming receipt of my letter and telling me that they're looking into it and will let me know 'when they've completed their investigations'

Just needed to ask...is the 14 days I stated in my Preliminary Approach for repayment, working days or calendar days...if it's calendar days, I need to be sendin off my LBA very soon!

Thanks

jam

the timetable is yours not theirs - so a couple days extra won't hurt - and as we said earlier - sometimes they come up with offers on the smaller ones - so maybe give an extra couple of days - or not - if you are keen just carry on after 14 days and yes, your sentence is fine - i usually tell peeps to put in positively after respond.

• 1 month later...

Oops, didn't realise I hadn't updated this thread for that long...

We received an offer of £459 for full and final settlement (we claimed for £540) and we've decided for the sake of £80, we're going to accept the offer. Bearing in mind my baby is due in 3 weeks time so could really turn up anytime now...

jam