Herbert takes on HSBC

lloyd_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I have been following this saga for a while now and thought i'd hop on the band wagon, as from my uni days i've never recovered mentally or physically........... but definitley not financially!

Please could a few kind people guide me through my claim against HSBC's unfair bank account charges. I would be so grateful.

I also have a NatWest account and credit card that i will be pursuing, but i'll enter the details on the Natwest forum to try and keep things organised.

My first question's are:

1. The accounts have been closed by me, but i take it they still have legal obligations and must honour my requests for the detailing of bank charges i have paid and if unfair these charges to be returned (?)

2. Who should I send the first letter to? My holding branch? Or to the big boys in the city or wherever they crawl to?

Many thanks!

D. L Herbert

hello lloyd & welcome.

lots of people here to help you along. :)

firstly - have you got your all statements? If so have you done the spreadsheet?

I sent my first 2 letters to local branch but they all end up with our favourite uncle colin at Leeds so you could send them there.

and yes you can claim on a closed account.

Good luck - any questions (however small) - just ask

1. makes it easier if you still have the account numbers but as for being closed - makes no difference.

2. doesn't matter - but if you need to do the subject access request for your statements - use this addy:HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Tel 08456 028006

Fax 08001696143

here's the bible - Newcomer? Here's A User Guide

Not sure what you mean by the spreadsheet have printed off the Subject Access Request letter and sending to:

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

I will then check these against my own statements, and after getting the total sum owed will calculate the interest. A few quick questions:

Who do I make the cheque payable to? and also do I have to keep the letter exactly the same or do I have free reign, must I keep the "claim it back" trademark thingy at the bottom?

D. L Herbert

cheque to hsbc bank plc.

no, you don't have to use the copyright.

as long as you are here using the facilities - so to speak - would it not be a good idea to stick to the tried and tested methods which have proven so helpful in getting peeps their money back.

by this i mean - when you get your statements - made a list of all the charges you are reclaiming - you should then use the spreadsheet provided to calculate the interest - the 8% interest we don't ask for until a claim is filed with the court. the actual spreadsheet, once completed, becomes a very efficient, well recognised form to use to send your list of charges to the bank. every step of this has been refined and done for a reason - so why not use it.

here is the method:Newcomer? Here's A User Guide

Cheers for that info, my letters 98% the same just changed the last but one sentence regarding the usual address, as I have moved a fair bit and in the middle of moving again, and I will use the spreadsheet when the time comes. What a great site.... people helping eachother, is this really the 21st Century haha! ta

D. L Herbert

• 2 months later...

Hi again, I sent HSBC the letter Subject Access Request form on the 6th of June and have not received any details or even communication from them yet. I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to phone or to whom I should write, the same address? and if so what should my communication include? Cheers everybody.

D. L Herbert