Jenny -v- NatWest

jennyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ya im new to the natwest thread although not to the site. how has everyone found natwest. i have only got a claim for £190 are they settling most before submitting court?

Hi, I would love to tell you yes......but.... I am claiming £114 and have sent prelim letter, followed 14 days later by LBA, 14 days on from that I have not even had an acknowledgment from them, so it looks like I shall have to start court proceedings.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

hi and welcome to nat west forum, think it depends on nat wests mood for the week whether they settle early or not, but follow the guidelines on here set your timescales (they are yours not theirs) and stick to them and you will get your money back, im claiming over 3k, and just sent back schedule of charges back giving them 14 days, ..watch this space.

thanks. i have just put my court claim in for nationwide. and natwest was my parchaute account but charges have been added and i am not happy about it as they dont seem to give you any notice and just apply them. are they closing accounts?

Financial ombusman is fining Banks if they shut accounts with bank charge claims.

FAQs - complaints about bank charges

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi there, i have just recieved an offer of £2,100 from the NatWest so i think your claim would be settled with no probs, at the end of the day its your money and youe entitled to it no matter how much it is.... good luck

Main thing to remember here (as already highlighted by standingupformyself) is that there's no rhyme or reason to which claims are settled at prelim/LBA and which claims go to court. Some folks get £5K back after the LBA........ whilst others have to go all the way for a couple of hundred pounds.

At the end of the day though, we all have to stick out our claims to the end - as we will win. But everybody has to be prepared to file at court if necessary. It's scary at first when it gets to that stage (trust me, I freaked out big time the other day!!!) bput with support, help and encouragement from everyone on this forum, you'll be fine. Best of luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Good luck with your claim, Jenny!

Whether it be £2 - £2k, it's still your hard earned money and you deserve it back :)

NatWest:

23/4/07 - Requested statements NatWest

10/5/07 - Received 1st set of statements

12/5/07 - Remaining statements arrived. Proceeding NatWest claim for £2,235.14

14/5/07 - Pre-lim letter sent

01/6/07 - LBA letter sent

22/6/07 - Filed money claim at court! *gasp*

27/7/07 - Received official defence and bully cr*p!

LTSB:

23/4/07 - Requested statements LTSB

31/5/07 - List of charges received. Proceeding LTSB claim for £1,407.50

01/6/07 - Pre-lim letter sent.

09/6/07 - Received a 'bugger off' letter.

21/6/07 - LBA letter sent.

• 2 weeks later...

had a reply from Mr Higley to say that they ware investigating and will aim to reply within 6 weeks. fine i thought but i have realised i have got one of the dates wrong on my spreadsheet also i did not add one at the beginning of my list and also i have since recieved charges. as i have forgot to add the one at the beginning and got date wrong on one, i assume i will have to resend my preliminary letter with up to date and correct charges list?

No, you don't ahve to send prelim again, you can alter the charges with your LBA, just send an amended schedule with the LBA and point this out in your letter. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you've already done LBA you can amend when filing at court.

Wendy

Also, ignore their "will get back to you in six weeks". You gave them 14 days (presumambly) so once the 14 days is up, send the LBA (with revised schedule as Wendy says)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales