dave vs barclays

skint dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they tend to enter their defence ant the 13th/14th/15th hour lol

Once they defend you will recieve Notice of Transference to a local court ... from there you will either get an AQ or you wont (dependant on the judge) if you dont you may still have to pay the fee for the AQ.. you will also get B's defence

so should I be expexting anything in the post over the next couple of weeks?

am I right in thinking that if I here nothing before june th 16th I click judgement on mcol?

Thanks again saintly your a star!!!!!!

nothing really due in the post yet ..... mcol sometimes takes a couple of days to update ... plus B's often leave it right till the last day or even later to defend ..... you can press the judgement but then B's will proberbly request a stay and it could add another few weeks to the conclusion of your case its been known for b's to be a week late with their defence and still have it accepted

I have received a letter from Barclays today saying how sorry they are bla bla bla, and as a gesture of good will are offering just over a £1000, in a full and final settlement.

Tempting………. But I think I’ll hold on it’s took so long to get this far a few more months wont hurt.

So I’m going to send out rejection letter tomorrow now, should I remind them that I have started court proceedings, and that I am willing to settle out of court for the full amount plus interest and costs To avoid further cost’s and inconvenience to themselves?

Also which address should I use? I have been righting to London, but at the top of their letter is Leicester, and on the pre paid envelope is Leeds.

Oh it’s a customer relation’s advisor that wrote to me if it makes a difference.

Cheers Dave

sorry one more thing how do I take the (please help) from my post's title?

should I remind them that I have started court proceedings, and that I am willing to settle out of court for the full amount plus interest and costs To avoid further cost’s and inconvenience to themselves?
no harm in including it...you can then argue that you were willing to settle right from the off.

Also which address should I use? I have been righting to London, but at the top of their letter is Leicester, and on the pre paid envelope is Leeds.

1 churchill place London, E14 5HP

Oh it’s a customer relation’s advisor that wrote to me if it makes a difference.

not now, once you file with court all correspondence will go to their Litigation Dept. [Recorded delivery of course]

sorry one more thing how do I take the (please help) from my post's title?

Send a private message to a MOD.

e.g:

ZOOTSCOOT @

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=40806

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

i've all ready sent s.o.c's to mcol.

I meant that I had forgot to send an upto date one to the bank with my rejection letter.

And I have been sending things recorded delivery now lol.:)

I think I'll just knock up a quick cover letter and send it in over the weekend.

What a dime bar I am, I printed it out to send in with it too!!!

I have bacardi moments is that the same lol :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Hi guy's

I just got back from work and found a letter on the mat from mcol, saying that an acknowledgment of service of my claim has been filed. The defendant now has 28 days from the service of the claim to file a defence.

now is this 28 days from when my claim was deemed served?

or 28 days from when barclays acknowledge?

on the copy they have sent me it say's that they intened to defend all of this claim.

which I guess in a normal scare tacktic.

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

although 28 days are up doesnt necessarily mean you will be granted judgement.

B's are able to bend the deadline to theirs.

in reality more like 33 days. I'd try about wed/thurs

and then phone the court.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

5 days to be deemed served

14 to acknoledge

28 days to defend

total 33 days.

Don't jump the gun and go for judgement as Barclay's will apply for a stay and that could hold up your case by months. Patience is the key