• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

chrisking1962 v Blemain finance PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nice to have some one to discuss it with, some times you feel like you are alone in these things and that makes you feel down!

Not sure what the FOS is now, getting a groggy head with it all. Have they got a web site and if they have where is it?

Will ring them. I still want Blemain to settle their huge redemption fees, but do not know how to handle them now either. Wondering if I should use a no win no fee firm to sort it.

Jackie

Hi, Got me head back together:)

I know you mean the Financial ombudsman now. Too early in day for me to get my head round stuff. Just finished hoovering and stuff, so not with it yet.

They did write to Click with regard to the miss selling of a PPI. But now Click are basicaly saying that they sold me a life cover, or from what I can make of it, and to my way of thinking that is Not the same as a PPI. Apparently they sold me with my knowledge a PPI which only covers us in the event of our death. It was only to give us 3 years cover as well. So we payed £2,142.00 for that. I assume this was for £25000 worth of cover. If you divide that by 3 years that means we were paying £59.50p per month for cover. Compare that to my normal life cover for which we pay £40 per month for £90,000.00 worth of life cover, you will gather that what they claim we had was extreemly expensive.

I also can not understand why if it was only life cover they did not place it with a normal insurance company in the normal way or just tell us to up our existing cover.

What person in their right minds uses a PPI for the purpose of just life cover. That to me is not a payment protection plane.

Hope that makes sence.

I am going to write them a letter I think stateing just that.

Hi Jackie

I still think you have a case especially if you did not know that it was life cover only and do not have any documents to prove it. I would ring the FOS, the number will be on the letter they sent you with your case number. I sure they will be able to advice you and I'm sure they will do something.

I think if you contact Trading Standards they will be able to look at the redemption figure from BF and tell you if it was done correctly and advice you what you can do about it.

Worth a try.

Hi Midge,

Just written another letter to Click.

I have expressed the point that I never knew what exactly they were selling to me. I also pointed out another problem which may make them sit up and re think. I am dissabled and in order to obtain life insurance the companies normaly require medical evidence from my GP before they will insure me, then they tend to add on a bit extra as I am considerd a high risk.

It seems that click never enquired as to if I had any pre existing medical conditions and this life cover would NOT have ever paid out if I had popped me clogs. It excludes existing medical conditions.

I think I can assume that the company should have asked a few questions before selling it to me.

That is apparently a definate miss selling of a policy, but now to prove that as well.They get you tied up in knots and everything is always there way. so frustrateing.:mad:

Oh it gets so complicated, it is driving me mad. I get bad headaches just thinking about it and I can not sleep.

The guy I am dealing with is on hols this week so will have to wait till he returns for a reply ni doubt. May be I should have adressed it to the MD.:)

Speak soon

jackie

Hi Jackie

I know just how you feel. You will win though so just remember that.

I would still talk to the FOS as they will act on a mis-sold insurance and they may contact click before this bloke finish sunning himself!

I too am claiming a mis-sold policy from Northern Rock for the same reasons. I have a pre existing medical condition that would mean they wouldn't pay out and they never advised properly.

Thing is they have all been told to get their houses in order but they are just dragging their heals to see how many people will give up when they say know. I bet plenty do so saving them a pretty penny.

Just keep at them they will back down in the end.

Chin up:D

Hi Jackie

PPI is not life insurance, no matter what they tell you PPI (payment protection insurance) is not life cover, it is insurance to cover the loan if you die or become ill and cannot work, or if you become redundant etc, the policy must be explained to you in detail so that you understand what you are buying, being self employed would you have ever been able to claim if you are unable to work, they are trying to get rid of you, dont let them get away with it, ive just come back from holiday but will ask advise for you on monday...GC

Hi groovycaz,

Thanks, not had a reply from any one yet. I exspect they think they have won. My loan agreement definaetly states in the breakdown of cost, "Payment Protection Insurance premium". I did try to make a claim in January 07 as I had an operation on my foot and it had to be broken, I was in plaster for 8 weeks and still have to take pain relief and put up with swelling etc. Consultant said it would take about 12 months to heal properly.

I got told by Blemain when I rang them to enquire that I was not coverd for this. I never knew why !!!! I have been off of work now since 12th January.

I have had to put up with being told so far that:

I AM NOT COVERD FOR THAT!

I HAVE NOT GOT PPI!

I WAS SOLD LIFE INSURANCE ONLY!

May be I am getting confused now, but how can they keep changing their minds about what I was sold. Surely if my agreement say I was sold PPI, then that is what I was sold.

Speak later

Jackie

Hi midge and jackie

have you seen the thread by reidnet about PPI, I would provide a link but dont know how to do it sorry have'nt read much but some good information there, looks like you been sold "single premium policy" which is a massive rip off and the OFT are looking into it, they charge you up front for the insurance and the loan company finance it, which meahs you pay interst on the premium and because its paid up front very little back if you redeem early, there are some comments about miss selling PPI, hope this helps you find some answers..GC

Hey you 3, ive just had another look at the thread its PPI News For Claimants and theres template letters, lists of reasons why you were miss sold the policy and ways to get your money back, very informative.. I hope this is what you been looking for...GC

Hey you 3, ive just had another look at the thread its PPI News For Claimants and theres template letters, lists of reasons why you were miss sold the policy and ways to get your money back, very informative.. I hope this is what you been looking for...GC

Hello All,

Here is the link

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants

Reidnet is our ppi champion:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi all,

Sorry I've been away and not really been getting involved with this one, but by what I have kept up to date on it looks like youre all forging ahead as well although this one's a bit tougher to crack than some others. :rolleyes:

I've got my thoughts on my bank charges and are very much still progressing ahead with them, and I am also helping my inlaws out with their calim.(yorkshire bank since 1980's big claim).:o

Trouble is there are so many things like the bank charges, MEAF's and PPI i'm getting lost in all my quests and would like to get to a position where I can put my feet up a little bit and concentrate on those mean and nasty low lifes at BF. :confused:

GC don't apologise for missing me out on my own thread, it's there for anyone and everyone to join in and discuss tactics etc.

As soon as I can I'll spend a lot more time on this thread, fortunatly (or unfortunatly depends) I have several of my own threads and have joined so many other threads at least when somebody replies to one you are subscribed to you get an email which I think is great!!:D

Any way I hope you get a better response from Click as I have from Imagine Finance, as I did'nt even realise I had PPI until I redeemed the loan with BF so how frustrating is that.:mad:

Will catch up with you all later, keep the thread going won't you.

regards

chris:p

Hi Everyone,

Got an offer from Blemain yesterday in the post, seen as though you are (was duh!) loyal customer we are offering you a new loan, DAMN!!!! thats put a right dampener on it, looks interesting though, ('slap' wake up man think of the past greif with them!!!!) sorry what was I thinking?:confused:

lol,

hope that tickled you.:D

regards

chris

lol dont remind me of blenheim i aint started on them yet but after my ops i will go for them first i want to see their credit licence go into the trash can dont want a settlement figure this is personal

patrickq1

Hi

I have actually recieved a copy of BF's complaint procedure today. Looks like something a 7yr old has put together.

Will scan it in whenI get a chance but am not able to use my laptop at the mo as it had a collision with a cup of tea!

hi Patrick,

Wow you sound like I feel, I have finished with them but need to get as much of the OVER REDEEMED Amount back asap, but I have other challenges at the moment especially since the OFT as started the test case against the banks.

Strange though, they have allowed the banks a lull in proceedings yet they havent allowed the consumer the same conditions on holding the banks off from still applying the charges?

sorry got side tracked.

lol:D

regards

chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

No news to report. I wrote to Click and blemain what seems like weeks ago now. As you might expect neither of them have had to politeness to even reply. Like others I have had letters from Blemain offering me more loans, as if I would ever think of even using them again.:mad:

I will have to figure out where to go next if I do not get an answer from either of them this week.

Getting really fed up with it all now.

Cheers, have a good day.

Jackie

Hi all,

Well I have some good news at last.

I have just had en email from Click Finance and they are offering me £1000.00p as a gesture of goodwill.

I have decided to accept this as it will not leave me far short and I never expected Click or Blemain to pay anything back.

I hope others of you have some good news too shortly.

Have a wonderful bank holiday.

all the very best to you all

jackie

Thanks,

Well, I saw no point in arguing any more, I found it mentally exhausting fighting with the big guys, but at least it shows people that it is worth a bit of a fight.

If I had of hung out for more I may of lost totally and I could see no point in that, so just cut my losses.

Cheers

Jackie