success but not over yet Capital One

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just logged into my account today to find capital one credit card have just refunded £384 from a claim for £697 so a success in small part here is the email I have just sent: I can see them squirm as we speak can a mod respond if this seems a good cause of action??????

Hi I have noticed today you have credited £384 out of my claim for £697. Please note if the balance of the charges including this months late fee of £20 ( total £333) is not returned, my course of action remains the same and my county court claim will continue, I have postponed my claim until 13th June allowing you 7 additional days to respond in a satisfactory way your sincerely

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Well done so far.

But it is best to stick to the templates in the library, and also stick to any timetable you have set.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I agree about sticking to your timetable no matter what. They want to delay this as much as possible...well done so far anyway and let us know when you get it all back!!

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

hi you can send secure messages in online banking if you have account with them

just to say, capital one have suspended my online messaging with them because of the status (which they put me in) of my account, although they may not have done that to everyone but be aware that they might have!

just to say, capital one have suspended my online messaging with them because of the status (which they put me in) of my account, although they may not have done that to everyone but be aware that they might have!

Suspended your online messaging because you owe them money?!?! How ridiculously juvenile is that?!

Have a look at my "Stonelaughter vs. Communications Direct" thread in the "General Consumer Issues" section - my letter might give you some tips on how to deal with harrassment by 'phone.

Two that I haven't used in my letter are:

1. The Data Protection Act - it may be a misuse of my data to keep calling me after I have instructed them to stop; I haven't used it in my letter simply because I don't want to reveal my whole deck of cards in one go.

2. The Administration of Justice Act - Under this act, organisations are not allowed to harrass you. I didn't use this simply because it doesn't apply; they are not trying to administer justice or to get me to pay, they're trying to sell me stuff LOL.

abbey have stopped my online account also luckily I couldnt give a Sh*t as I have already moved and will be moving again very soon... it is worth it to stop them getting any more money out of us for something that costs them pennies.... hopefully a big bank will see the light soon and open an account where it charges correct fees for a basic account so you get money paid in you can get it out at atm and pay a few bills online.... I am sure that is all most of us need....dont they get enough from our savings that they loan at at drastically inflated APR in comparison to what we get