• Tweets

• In my experience (not with car payments) but with many other things, my partner has been ill and signed off in the past and we have been unable to meet various commitments.  Naturally if you ring the call centre they are going to fob you off and tell you you must pay, that's why that never ever works. I would obtain a note from her GP listing all her health issues plus medications plus side effects, then write to the finance company with a copy of it, explaining the situation, as you have here, asking for a payment holiday. Perhaps mention that the car is very much needed for hospital appointments etc. It's likely the finance company would rather you pay till term end than, chase you for money they will never see, and sell the car at auction for a loss,  You can search some of my threads going back years, advising people to do this for Council Tax, Tax Credits, HMRC, Even a solicitors company and it always works, because contrary to popular belief people are reasonable.
    • Sorry, I haven't ever seen one of these agreements. Read it all and look out for anything that says when she can withdraw and when she is committed to go ahead. If it isn't clear she may need to call the housing provider and simply say what you posted here, she doesn't want to go ahead and how does she withdraw her swap application?
    • Thank you! Your head is like a power bank of knowledge.  Her health issues are short term, due to a relationship breakdown she took it pretty hard and has been signed off work on medication for 3 months. She only started her job in February 24 so does not qualify for any occupational sick benefits, which is where the ssp only comes in. (You will see me posting a few things over the coming days, whilst I try and sort some things for her)  I sat with her last night relaying all this back and she does want to work out a plan, she was ready to propose £100 for the next 3 months and then an additional £70 per month onto of her contractual to "catch up" but Money247 rejecting the payment holiday and demanding £200 thew her, which is why I came on here.   
    • I've looked at your case specifically more.   Term 8bii reads " when, in accordance with instructions from the Customer or the Consignee, the Consignment is left in a safe place" Their terms choose to not define safe, so they are put to proof that the location is safe. If your property opens onto a street its a simple thing of putting a google earth image and pointing out that its not a safe place
    • New rules and higher rates resulted in a jump in the number of savers opening accounts at the start of this year's Isa season.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Brian carter & co solicitors letters urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the reply that I received from the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Doesn't say a great deal but gives the impression that this company is still trading:confused:

Thank you for your email of 09 January 2008.

I can confirm that Bryan Carter & Co is the name of a branch office of

the firm Crellins Carter. Bryan Carter & Co are registered at the

following address: Persimmon House, De Hallivand Drive, Brooklands

Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0NT.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any further

queries that you would like to discuss, please contact us by telephone

on 0870 606 2555. Our lines are open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. If

you are calling from overseas please use +44 (0) 1527 504450. Please

note calls may be monitored/recorded for training purposes.

Alternatively you can e-mail us on [email protected]

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Yours sincerely

E-mail: [email protected]

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

• 1 month later...

I have received letters and a court summons from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors at De Havilland Drive Weybridge Surrey address dated 4th March 2008 and from the response from the Law Society above as well as other threads on this site questioning if this company is still trading, it appears to be so.

No mention of their partners on either the summons or the letter just Bryan Carter Solicitors headed notepaper with '& Co' at top of their address.

• 4 weeks later...

i asked about them too and i got this reply pretty much the same. if they are Crellins Carter they should use that on their letterhead!! unless Crellins is trying to stay a bit detached from the lovely Mr. Carter;) he-he

Thank you for your e-mail of 27th March.

Crellins Carter is an established solicitors firm, Bryan Carter & Co is

the name of their branch office.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any further queries

that you would like to discuss, please contact us by telephone on 0870

606 2555. Our lines are open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. If you are

calling from overseas please use +44 (0) 1527 504450. Please note calls

may be monitored/recorded for training purposes. Alternatively you can

e-mail us on [email protected]

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Yours sincerely

Keith Kerwin

Information Services Officer

Solicitors Regulation Authority

Tel: 0870 606 2555

Fax: 0207 320 5964

Email: [email protected]

Moorcroft-paid no default:)

Robinson way - negotiated deal:D

Westcot- Negotiated deal:D

Thames- found them trying to con me, got a deal:D

Metropolitan- sold me on:eek:

pheonix/frederickson- the fight goes on:mad:

Hello

Having just found this forum, I'm in a state of flux over what I should do next and really need someone's advice !

I have TWO accounts running with Bryan Carter & Co.

Both accounts have recent letters (ie post-Feb 2007) from this firm at De Havilland Drive Weybridge and both are on Bryan Carter & Co headed paper (a claim at the footer states the BC & Co is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solicitors of 111 Weybridge Road).

I first heard from Bryan Carter in Nov 2006 alleging a debt against me to Egg for £11000. I had no idea of any debt and had never received any paperwork regarding this debt. They also said that I had a ccj but having looked on both experian and equifax there is nothing against me. I have been unable to find out any information regarding the alleged original debt and in a state of panic have been paying £50 a month to keep the bailliffs away.

I've set set up payments to Bryan Carter following a CCJ for £570+ in Dec 2005 as a partial balance against an alleged full balance of £11000+

This CCJ was taken out against me at an address I used to trade at but I had no receipt of any papers from either the claimant, the courts or Bryan Carter (or indeed any other party) so to avoid the appearence of baillifs I paid a £70+ Warrant of Execution direct to my local county court & I then contacted Bryan Carter & Co & agreed to pay off the CCJ at £50 per month. (I have disputed the debt in writing since initial receipt). I have also written to Egg on numerous occassions and have had no reply and have constantly disputed these debts with both Bryan Carter & with Egg. I have now paid 13 installments of £50 (and am now effectively paying back more more than the original CCJ value) !

The second debt relates to another alleged debt also to Egg of £8000+ but this time no court papers have appeared. I received a letter last month & it transpires that another CCJ has been issued in August 2007. I haven't heard from the courts or others but again I have agreed to pay off (without any admission of liability) a demand from Bryan Carter & Co for the order of £490 +costs + the warrant fee of £70+. I have yet to write to Bryan Carter on this matter as I have tried to get legal advice about my position.

I haven't received any Proof of Debt in either of these cases (save for a copy of the first CCJ from the court who only provided me with copies of the original ccj for £490+costs and not for the whole debt) & I can't get any assistance from lawyers as no one seems to want to take on this kind of work and now I'm paying 2 lots of £50 per month to Bryan Carter & Co.

In a telephone conversation Bryan Carter said that the debts originated in 2002 and that they were paid until 2005. I have no idea what these are about.

I would really welcome some help AS SOON AS POSSIBLE from someone out there as to the quickest & best way to get out of this difficult ( & painful!) situation.

What steps do I take now?:confused:

• 1 year later...

hi all

i am recieving letters still from bryan carter for a company called lowell financial i am paying lowell by cheque every month even though i have no paper work of debt etc. bryan carter letter states warrant and that a bailiff will call at my house what to do what to do. please can anyone help as i thought they had stopped trading bryan carter.

If you are paying Lowell then BCarter has no right to write to you and demand money. If your Lowells agreement is by way of a court order then Carters could be held to be in contempt. You need to sort this out properly and starting your own thread would encourage others to give you advice.

• 5 months later...

have received phone call alleging that my wife owes £320 from 8 years ago for great universal and they have requested cca letter my wife has never been with great universal and we have spoken directly to great universal and they cannot find any records for my wife well they wouldnt

any suggestions to what i should do

have received phone call alleging that my wife owes £320 from 8 years ago for great universal and they have requested cca letter my wife has never been with great universal and we have spoken directly to great universal and they cannot find any records for my wife well they wouldnt

any suggestions to what i should do

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Record your calls You should not deal with any organisation on the phone without recording the call.

Call recorders can be very cheap and you can get them from Maplins.

The best one is the Truecall. It is pricey but will record your calls, screen your calls, reject unwanted callers etc.

Follow this link to read the review of the Truecall telephone recorder and call manager.

This is the Rolls Royce of call recorders.

It's a bit pricey but if you buy it with our special offer you will get it at cost: about 20% discount.

How much do we make on the deal? - Nothing at all.

You can also buy cheaper devices from Maplins. Truecall is the best - but the important thing is to record your calls.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

:

sorry carter asked us to send by phone a letter requesting details that they have. not specifically a cca