Cmdenny vs Halifax Credit card. Settlement Accepted.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have read on many threads about letters to get fees back from Halifax (and other a/c). Can anyone please provide me with a template letter - (I have tried to find on on the forum or on the "resources" section of website).

I hope to appeal against my 2 current accounts and credit cards, unfortunately the fines could number a couple of hundred for each a/c (got into trouble whilst at uni).

Your advise and help is really appreciated.

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

Hi - I tried to type DPA into FAQS and got nowhere.

HSBC, FS £100

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

Have a look in the librairy,all template letters are in there.

Have a good look and read around the site,most information is available.

• Confused 1

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=33

this link should take you to the templates section (I hope!)

Good luck!

Halifax acc 1: 1st request letter sent 20/4/2006

LBA sent 27/04/2006

1st action filed Kirkcaldy Sherriff court 03/05/06

Halifax acc2 (closed): 1st request sent 03/05/06

LBA sent 11/05/06

Capital 1: 1st request sent 11/05/06

remember to log-into the forum before searching as a few threads/sections will just appear blank if you don't log in :)

16/04/06 Been thinking about action for a couple of weeks & decided to take the plunge! DPA request Sent Via email

18/04/06 DPA request handed into local branch, fee paid £5 - Reciept obtained

20/04/06 After emailing/faxing 3 times a day, phone call to say the statements have been ordered

26/04/06 Letter received with list of charges and refund of £5

27/04/06 Statements for 1st account received Parachute Deployed

29/04/06 Statements for 2nd account Received, Request for repayment sent £1446.55

04/05/06 Standard reply with complaints leaflet received.

08/05/06 Conditional offer received

View my progress

Sent DPA Request to Halifax, Lloyds and Hsbc yesterday: 4th May.

Lets see how much progress I make. I will also be filling against Egg and Barclaycard in the next week.

HSBC, FS £100

I sent a DPA earlier this month.

Hadnt got fined by Halifax for a while (mainly in student daysand imediate aftermath) as I have been trying to be good with my finances.

This month however I got fined £39 for a cheque to my barclaycard bouncing! Im going to write a letter to my local branch and hope to get a refund that way- and if that doesnt solicit correct reply I will no doubt have to add it on to any reply I get from the DPA.

This £39 fine has really fired me up, and when I go though with the claims process will make me less likely to bow out early!:mad:

HSBC, FS £100

Friday 12th I got a letter from Halifax Card Services, Pitreavie Busn. Park Dunfermeline. I repeat in full (typed not scanned):

"10th May

Dear Mr Denny,

Our Reference : *******

Thank you for your recent enquiry about the late payment chareges on your account and I am sorry you have found cause for complaint.

We have received the details of the OFT findings and are studying those findsings closely, assesing the impact this has on all of our customers.

There is no change to our current fee refund policy and we do not expect to make any announcements before the 31st May.

Although this may not be the response for which you had hoped, I trust my response clairifies our position. please refer to the Complaints Leaflet previously sent, which details your choices and confirms our affiliaton to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If I do not hear from you within eight weeks I will cloce my file

Yours Sincerely

Gemma McConnachie"

What shall I do? I anticipate responding and saying they still have 40 days - she has totally ignored my appeal for the statements under the DPA.

The first letter that I sent was the standard template from the files, though i did not include a cheque for ten punds - editing it to say they could debit that from my A/c. With my reply I will put in the cheque.

Should I reply to the same Lady, or should I address it to "whom it may concern" - if it goes to one person potentially could they worm out of the 40day time frame by arguing that the person wasnt around

HSBC, FS £100

Today I called Gemma M, the lady from the letter - she blurted out, "we will get the statement sent to you and also a settlement offer" - this was the first time I had called them.

however Halifax internal systems of call centres/offices must be muddled as she was under the impression I was requesting for credit card fees - I told her this was not the case.

I have taken the oportunity to put the gist of above in a written request to her as I want a papertrail - I will be sending this tommorow.

HSBC, FS £100

• 2 weeks later...

I havn't been provided with any-statements yet but Halifax have offered me £330!

I called the person up and said I want the statements before considering any offer. They returned the £10 dpa cheque that I sent.

I am not sure whether to repond in letter as well, so that I have a papertrail. Does anyone havea suitable template Please?

HSBC, FS £100

Today I was offered by them £330 which is a full refund for every charge. I have accepted and am now carrying on to pursue claim against the Hfax current a/c (made sure the acceptence form stipulated it only related to the credit card). I let them off the interest as its not much, and I think the offer is fair enough.

I had a minimum of fuss in getting this. There was some initial provarication where they ignored the request for statements and sent some customer services gumpff through - but I got what I wanted from 2 telephone calls and a further 3 telephone calls.

Happy Days.

HSBC, FS £100

Congratulations!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

HSBC, FS £100

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks