Hugo07 v Abbey

hugo07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i sent a email to Abbey yesterday like the one Jules and kev (hope you dont mind) sent to let them know i would be handing in my N1 form shortly and received and reply from the Mena address.

It said:

Hello *********

Thank you for your recent communication to Mena Gill, who has referred your correspondence to our Complaints team to arrange a response on her behalf.

So that we are able to fully investigate and respond to your complaint, please could you supply us with further contact information, including your full postal address. Once we receive this information we will provide you with a full response within fifteen working days.

If you need to speak to an advisor about this issue in the meantime, please call.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Regards

Fiona Merchant

Abbey Customer Services

Did anyone else recieve an email like this?

Hugo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, i have been trying to decide what route to go down as to recovering my bank charges...courts...financial ombudsman...etc

I am considering the financial ombudsman as i am rather scared of losing the court fee if i loss via the courts which i cant afford to really loss and was wondering what you guys think of the financial ombudsman route?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hugo

Well i have heard that it does work, but i have no experience of it, you wont loose, if they are legitimate charges you will get them back plus 8% plus all court fees, I am not sure that you will get the 8% with the ombusdman

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Well you wont loose and you wont loose the court fee either, also, if you are on benefits or paying the fee with cause hardship you can file for free or have it commuted, take a look at the mcol website for more details

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Thanks, im not on benefits or anything just not feeling to confident with my claim. I keep reading up on the process and instructions etc but knowing my luck the judge would take Shabbey's side!!!

Thanks again!!

LOL Hugo, we all feel like that at some point, well they havnt so far so why should they start with you, look above, right at the top

Total Bank Charges Returned : £15102130 to 8906 people.
and these are only the ones that have bothered to complete the survey lol

You have a fine back up service here and as long as you are not completely stupid, then you will be fine, and you found us didnt you, so you aint stupid ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi Hugo,

It is entirely your choice. If you did decide to go down the N1 route, then you are extremely unlikely to lose your court fee. I haven’t heard from this website or the news of one person losing against Abbey. (otherwise they would be gloating about any wins in their letters).

Good luck with whatever route you take. People have gone down the Ombudsman route and won all their money back, and I have heard that if you do not get your money back via that route, you still have the option of the Court route.

You will be fine Hugo, you will gain so much more confidence at each step ( I have gone from a gibbering wreck to someone who can now put together a letter to them) and you will be the same.

Keep us posted with your developments.

Julie xxx

Hi Julie, thanks for the advice! Just to keep you all up to date I have decided to go down the N1 form route so I just wanted to confirm a few questions are correctly filled in please so i can send th form of asap.

Notes – amount claim £303.50

Interest TODAY £ 67.15

Daily rate of interest – 303.50 x 0.00022 = 0.67p

On the value part:

Charges £303.50

Interest under s.69 county court Act 1984 £ (total interest amount on day of claim)

Court fees £ 50.00

Total £ DEPENDING ON INTEREST ON DAY OF CLAIM

Plus interest pursuant to s.69 county court Act 1984 from date of issue to dare of judgement / settlement at £0.67 per day or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Many thanks

Hugo

On the N1 form it asks for defendant and then at the bottom of the page it asks for defendants name and address so am just wondering should I put in the defendant(s) Abbey and their registered address and then at the bottom were it says defendants name and address should I put my local branch address or not or vice versa?

Any help much appreciated.

Hugo

Hi Hugo

You need to put the Triton Square address in both parts - seems stupid, I know, but there you go!

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Please please please could somebody advice as I am really struggling with including interest – out of all my charges Abbey only gave me full dates (day/month/year) for only two of all the charges.

The full dates were given on the microfiche style papers and that’s how I know to of the full dates. So am really struggling to work out what day to put in the interest calculator. As I had no charges in the past year there are no charges on the duplicate style papers so I can’t even look up them dates to see what period of the month they tend to fall on.

On the Microfiche style papers the two dates I do have are 29/12/00 and 03/11/03. Im sure my charges used to come out the beginning of the month should I am assume maybe all the charges prior to that would fall on around the 3rd of each month also and the 29th date was just amended early maybe due to cover the new year period as it would have fell during the xmas / new year?

many thanks

Hugo

Hi there, I wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice. Last year I went through the process, and sent the LBA. In September 2006, Abbey refunded approx £750 directly into my bank account (my full claim was for approx £4000). However, due to a lengthy spell of ill health, I still haven't filled in the Small Claims Form. My question is this, because of the length of time that has passed since I sent my original LBA, do I need to send another, or do I just fill in the Small Claims Form and take to the Court.

:confused: Chrisdol

Thank you! Should i state in the claim how i came to these dates or not? I did write a letter to Abbey months ago questing why they failed to provide full dates and gave them the opportunity to send me them all and they didnt! so i did try!!

Should i state in the claim how i came to these dates or not?

I wouldn't bother. Without any info at all it would be reasonable to use 1st ,last, or middle day of the month ( well, actually any day as long as it was consistent). The difference in interest will be too tiny to worry about.

Great thank you very much! Thats cleared that up for me!!!

Does anybody have a tel number for putting on the N1 form that i can put alongside their registered address for the defendants section please?