• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nd111 **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you have your own thread. ;)

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hiya ! guys i ve just posted my pri/leter today and a none complince letter at the same time coz some few months were missing on my statements ,all by recorded mail . or with the charges and interests , am i my right?

Yes send everything recorded so you can check if its been delivered. But dont add the 8% interest yet, that only comes into play if you file at court.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well I found you no trouble at all. Glad you have started your own thread. Is this for a currant or visa account? Just my opinion but how many months are you missing 'cos I would have delayed sending a prelim off till I had all the statements but of course it is exciting to get started and claim everything back. You can always start a 2nd claim for the missing months once you have all the facts.

Sea-side lady, it's grand to have you on board. Have you been away 'cos I havn't seen your name in much evidence or have I simply been too busy............ Sally

Hi Sally,

I have been busy, but im back now, i will have to pop over to see how you are getting on.

F&Q's... Read here

HIE, I THOUGHT of delaying a bit till i get the rest of the statements [ABOUT 6 months MISSING}but hey ! im worried these laws keep changing ,the banks are fighting to find a way out of this mess. so the window can close :rolleyes: EH!OH!oh!

BEFOR YOU GO GUYS i ve realised that halifax is still charging ! i missed a £6.00 payment last week and something coz i was paid late and they have charged me £76.00 . what the hell are they doing ?:rolleyes: is it a way of telling me they are not taking my story?

Calm down dear, you are among friends. Another £76 for you to add to your claim when you get to the N1 stage then - but how come £76? £39 twice is £78. You did hit the wrong key I presume. You never answered my query if this is a current account. If so don't forget to add on 'debit interest - as notified last month'. No longer think of this as money leaving your account, regard it as your money you are about to claim back with a little Extra from Howard of 8%. Isn't that kind of him when he knows about it.

The banks might not be happy about the situation but so far not one of them has dared to step foot inside a courtroom because the charges are unlawful - we know this, so do they and even when a lawyer took them to court for £37,000 they still didn't defend. No matter how much we win it is a small amount compared to the profits they all make from other areas. So don't listen to gossip or people at work who profess to know better than you. Just continue to do lots of reading here and perhaps some of the won sections and before you know it you will be giving others advice.

yes its a current account coz i ve got a visa d .card SORY for not replying in time lady! you ve got to be on your toers as well to be paying these charges and survive in the mean time.oh! yeah ! you are certainly right ! it s £78. 00

hie guys hope you having a nice weekend ,im cool:) just came back from woking away from home .hey! you remamber i told you the other day that halifax were still charging me whilist im making a claim ,(about £78 .oo is gone last week) .

NOW! the so called manager from Trinity Road wrote me a letter threathening to close my account by the 23rd of may if that issue is not solved:eek: ,is it because of the claims i sent to them or is it what they do to everyone ? but i dont give a damn! they have messed me up already ,all what i want is my money to back into my account then i can leave them .ANY! advice anyone please?:mad:

hi nd, have you opened another account at another bank just in case they do lose it ?

I doubt it's because of the claim you sent because they aren't allowed to do that ( i dont think anyway)

F&Q's... Read here

The Halifax are on dodgy ground I think. The account is now in dispute and as far as I am aware their threat to close account could be seen as retaliatory action. When you get the missing statements I think I am right in saying that as long as the amount they owe you is more than your debt to them you can ask for payment by cheque but it will be necessary for you to put this in any prelim and lba letters. What we need now is a mod or site helper with more experience that I've got.

THANKS ! VERY MUCH SALLYSAS , HERE IS ANOTHER ONE ! Halifax seems to be replying me quick, i sent them a prem/letter on the 9/05/07 and this morning 15/05/07 i got a reply But is not good news coz they are saying ::

Through their investigation they found that the charges are accordance with terms i signed for!:mad: so they are justfied. instead they are now offering to work with me by extending my overdraft facility if they are to help me. :confused: THUS they decline my complaint.

They even warned me to check with the third party firm i am using if is authorised under claims management Regulation.otherwise i should follow their link if i need help ! ah! ah!

I dont think im buying this ! they are trying to con me again:(

CAN ANY ONE HELP ON THIS ONE COZ I WANT TO REPLY THEM BY TODAY PLEASE !!!!

Yeah, looks like a load of old rubbish to me as well. So by extending your overdraft facility this helps you exactly how?? To cover the cost of the unlawful charges and exceeding your overdraft limit??? Oh, beam me up Scotty!!!!

Not even a derisory offer to make you go away. Are you going to follow through with non-disclosure application or just carry on with LBA when their 2 weeks are up.

hey ! will carry on with LBA /but what is this issue in the news last night ! its a bit scary:rolleyes: whats going on with this bank winning the case?

Did anyone see it ? and were do we go from here because its like all the banks are going to follow the same routine.

Just carry on with your claim as normal.

Have a read of this message Bank fodder has put out...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/90521-lloyds-victory-birmingham-perspective.html

F&Q's... Read here

hi guys just finished writting my second letter and im posting it 2 moro , i ve attached a full schedule of the charges ,threatening to take them to court . i have one quastion here :; they seem to answer my letters within the 14 days, should i just reply these letters back as soon as i get them???:confused:

They must have taken on extra staff then!!! Watch the unemployed stats come down then.........

Depends what their letter says really. If they reply and it is within 2-3 days before you are filing at court then it must be okay to proceed IMHO. Any longer (say a week from now) and I would send them an acceptance in part-payment only letter reaffirming that you will be proceeding to court at the end of the 14 days. (I am course assuming they don't offer it all back.) Gosh that sounds almost legal to my ears. Sally

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys are you there:rolleyes: i ve not been around for some time ,so im trying to catch up with the latest .what is going on now? im still waiting for my reply from the bank since i wrote the last letter threatenig with court action they have gone silent ,what do yuo think they are doing:rolleyes: ?

So you sent your lba on the 22nd May. So you can start court proceedings on the 5th June.;)

F&Q's... Read here