Interest Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, dak.

Get busy with the spreadsheet, and your prelim letter ("here's what you owe me, now give me it back.")

Good luck!

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Welcome to CAG

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your name) V (banks name)

Other members with experience of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

At a glance guide to claiming.....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o..../flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

PPMAN

If this helps please tip the scales, Left.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

What have they charged you and how much?

Sorry if I appear dim but I am used to dealing with bank queries!!!

PPMAN159

Hi,

I am new to this, so bear with me.

What do I do when my Gym does not respond to any emails about justifying their late payment charge?

Aaaaaaaaaaah :(

The late payment charge is unlawful. You can claim it back. I would write to them from now on, as e mails go unanswered.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hey, that's ok.

They have charged me £40 for the late payment of my Gym membership (monthly £59.00). But the bigger picture is, I cancelled my membership in January/February, moved house. When I went back to where I used to live, I had three letters from them demanding payment.

I wrote to them to no avail. Then a debt collection agency contacted me and is now threatning to take me to court. I have had to pay 50% of the amount to stop them from doing this.

According to LA Fitness, because I can not provide them with a cancellation number and I was told I don't need to put it in writing, they won't acknowledge the cancellation. So, I don't have a leg to stand on because of that.

I just don't understand the £40 late payment - how does 3 letters amount to £40. Ontop of that, why the hell did they never call me. My mobile number has not changed for 5 years. Thats how the debt collection agency got hold of me.

Anyway, sorry this isn't really your field.

Not a problem-I was just thrown for a minute.

You may well want to open a new thread (Jeanne v LA Fitness) in the General Consumer Issues thread as this may be more relevant for your situation.

Whichever way you seek to go,good luck.

PPMAN159

Hey, that's ok.

They have charged me £40 for the late payment of my Gym membership (monthly £59.00). But the bigger picture is, I cancelled my membership in January/February, moved house. When I went back to where I used to live, I had three letters from them demanding payment.

I wrote to them to no avail. Then a debt collection agency contacted me and is now threatning to take me to court. I have had to pay 50% of the amount to stop them from doing this.

According to LA Fitness, because I can not provide them with a cancellation number and I was told I don't need to put it in writing, they won't acknowledge the cancellation. So, I don't have a leg to stand on because of that.

I just don't understand the £40 late payment - how does 3 letters amount to £40. Ontop of that, why the hell did they never call me. My mobile number has not changed for 5 years. Thats how the debt collection agency got hold of me.

Anyway, sorry this isn't really your field.

It's ok. The charges are unlawful at that amount. They can only charge the amount it has cost them, which is written into English law. I would write to LA Fitness and tell them that the charges will be vigarously defended and a full refund be given.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers