Emma Vs HSBC - Im new

em3105
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope all are well, i have done the first letter to HSBC with the amounts and intrest etc on the 10th april, they replied on the 17th saying a full investigation is taking place, nothing since, shalli proceed with the letter before action or call them xx any advice grateful xx

welcome to the forum em,

you've made a start - that's great...

don't bother with them, they will just fob you off as long as possible - just follow the schedule - you wait 14 days (which have already passed) so carry on to the lba. the step by steps are in the newcomer link in my signature.

you mention interest - we don't advice asking for the 8% interest until you file your claim with the court. if you mean the overdraft interest that is on your statements - i'm just checking that you did it properly - using the advanced spreadsheet which will pick up some, all or none of each interest charge - depending on your balance at the time of the charge.

you dont just plonk the interest onto the list of charges. just checking that you are doing it properly as mistakes can be costly down the line.

if you don't understand - you can get back and i'll send you more info on the o/d interest.

so, just carry on to the lba, wait another 14 days, then file your claim with mcol.

welcome to the forum em.

read as much as you can, as many threads as you can as each case can differ greatly. stick to your timescales, check over your details and you'll be fine. any questions you have - just fire away and somebody will answer you.

good luck!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

if it's gone, don't worry about it now (did you get your letter template from another site by any chance?) other sites tell you to add the interest on from the outset! we don't, that's the only difference. just stick to your timescales as advised and you'll be fine.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hiya Emma, you don’t have a problem at all, you can change and correct your schedule of charges right up to the day you submit your claim to the County Court. So now is the time to check and make sure you are happy with what you have done.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend you use the CAG spreadsheets from the templates library here because we all know what we are doing with those (including HSBC and DG Solicitors to make you an offer) They are labeled Simple English if you have decided not to claim overdraft interest and Advanced English if you want to claim back your overdraft interest. Download whichever and have a play with it then come back with your questions.

As PD says its a good idea to let HSBC know if you have revised your schedule though just in case they are thinking of making you an offer.

pete