Findings so far

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of. Some say that Cabot must own both the rights & duties whereas my opinion is that there must be some legal framework that shows statements in their letters to be correct (albeit without the same knowledge, a little misleading to the consumer). As you can probably guess each time I raise the issue I get ignored, accused of being a Cabot friend or just told it has already been discussed and they cannot do it.

• Haha 1

The best advice I would give some-one, is to look around the forums, take in as much information as possible, ask questions, trust no-one, then check everything for accuracy to independent sources. If at all unsure, see CAB or debt solicitor (CLAS website has a legal aid calculator).

I personally think the term “rogue customers” is totally inappropriate for anyone in Ken’s position.

Finally on CCA issue I am a little concerned with the various different versions that keep being passed around for use. Unless the information provided by the DCA (not newbie who has often guessed for themselves) states clearly what type of credit they are claiming, I think the letter should always state 77, 78 & 79.

I realise you are not writing for fun. Not sure about the OC though as it is possible they are accidently misleading you due to their accounting systems. If FG would answer the "creditor" bit it would help!

The court cases, I gave a summary of various questions which were aimed at any case heard about, not the one mentioned. For the one mentioned, your winging it theory and my finding a friendly court are both appropriate possibilities.