Claiming for a mate

andytheguv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to claim for bank charges for my brother and two mates. I am finding it difficult to compile the letters, send them to who ever, wait for them to post the letter, text me the recorded delivery serial number, track the letters, wait for replies and then the third party send the letters on to me, eventually.

How do I, if I can go about being the contact person for my friends. Can I raise a letter/agreement to get them to sign that means the banks or organisations write back to me as opposed to the actual account holder.

Please help , I got 9 claims going on at the moment and its hard work getting them all to be sharp with timings etc.

Andytheguv

Hi Andy.

For each account that you want to handle, you need to get a letter from the account holder (signed) giving you full permission to access all information regarding the account.

Check with the banks in question, they may have a special form for it.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

sounds to me like you are offering a claims management service.

you have to be authorized by the department for constitutional affairs to do this and it costs minimum £400 to apply.

if you offer this service without being authorized is an offense.

just a warning for you, no offence intended and you might be exempt.

see CMR: Claims Management Regulations form more info.

Thank you both for your advice, especially the one about Claims Management Service. Makes you laugh when only doing someone a favour doesn't it ?

Well am going to look into it and not gonna pay £400.00 for the privillage of doing a mate a favour so I will see how I get on.

Thanks to you both for your help.

andytheguv

Turns out a ‘volunteer or person acting through a network of friends through a web site or similar’ is exempt.

Thanks invictus for your advice and prior warning. Always best to have the information up front.

Now I just got to formulate a form for my mate to sign and the banks to agree to.

Thanks for your help again.

Andytheguv

sounds to me like you are offering a claims management service.

you have to be authorized by the department for constitutional affairs to do this and it costs minimum £400 to apply.

if you offer this service without being authorized is an offense.

just a warning for you, no offence intended and you might be exempt.

see CMR: Claims Management Regulations form more info.

That only applies if you are carrying it out as a business and receiving payment for your services.

The regulations do not cover this situation. It's like me sending a letter to my bank, giving my wife access to data relating to it.

Carry on Andy, you're OK.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....