The "fight" goes on for Godiva

Godiva
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after about 30 min waiting to go up the queue on the phone, I got through to someone at their Leeds office (service quality dept) and told her why I was ringing; i.e. will you settle in full today?

I was informed by her that the FSA has given all banks 8 weeks to reply to refund of charges letters. I told her I knew that this was not the case, that this scale of time was an industry-agreed one.

I asked twice whether HSBC was going to settle in full, twice told No, not until 8 weeks is up. :cool:

Here's the sequence of events:

1) Posted letter on 29 March 2007 to my local branch Manager

2) They received it 30 March 2007

3) They sent me a letter, from Leeds, thanking me for my letter of 2nd April. (so I sent a letter 3 days BEFORE I wrote it...hmmm....)

4) I gave more than 14 days (taking Easter into account) and rang them today, 27 April 2007.

So, the LBA will be winging its way to Mr Colin Langdale, Senior Service Quality Manager. Unless someone has better information on the way forward

yes, that's prelim - fourteen days later send the lba - fourteen days later - file your claim. no one said it was a short process. but, however long it takes, if you wait for hsbc to get back to you - it would be 56 days longer.