stonedecroze v halifax 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recieved letter from court today:-

The defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 30 July 2007

The defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim,

the defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim, to file defence.

The acknowledgement was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant who have given the following name and address for service of documents

Optima Legal Servicec

Arndale House

Charles Street

Bradford

BD1 1UN

attached was copy of form N9 (Response Pack )

I suppose that this is standard letter and show that Court is running about 3 weeks behind. So it looks like I will have a 3 week wait before I heard about Howards defence from Court.

Think you might have got the dates wrong Stonedocroze and you don't have that long to wait !

Have you got a first letter from the court headed" Notice of Issue " on that letter it will tell you the date your claim was issued and also the date it was deemed served ( on the first line of the said letter ) Whatever that date is that it was deemed SERVED Halifax had 14 days to acknowledge it. They've acknowledged this on July 30th . In other words they had to tell the court that they've received it.

They have another 14 days to file a defence, making it a TOTAL of 28 days from the date that it was deemed served on that first letter " Notice of Issue ". On this date ring the court and ask them have they received a defence and ask them how far behind are they in processing the post. Depending on the answer ie. "we're working 4 days behind" ring them again and if by that time there still isn't a defence served, RUN down to the court and put in your request for Judgement - this is on the original " Notice of Issue" letter , (bottom half ). Go prepared with details for an appeal to a stay incase they've requested one. Don't give them a chance to send in a late defence and get it accepted because you were late in asking for judgement !

Your dates are similar to dates my daughter has got and the defence for hers has to be in by 31st August. Halifax were issued with the notice on July 31st send by first class post and it was deemed served on August

2nd ( this is the courts way of allowing for postal delivery ).

If I were you I wouldn't have any further contact with the Halifax or their solicitors Optima, let it just proceed through the courts system.

Hope this helps !

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jollyjo Deemed served on 24 July, so they have until 20 August to file defence. I took application for judgment in week too early so lady there is holding on to it until I contact her on 21st. If they have not filed then BANG in it goes.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Some motivation, stay refused and victory.................. ...

It appears that some banks have adopted the tactic of appointing a firm of solicitors to request a stay. If the stay is not granted, the solicitor is not authorised to defend the banks position. Pass the word.

juicyd v AIB - STAY REFUSED - **WON**

• Haha 1

hi Stone how goes it ,, hope You never worked to hard lol ,, all good here having fun on my thread but hey takes away the boredom of waiting for stuff from courts :)

Goes well today. Managed to get off early, not many peeps around. got long one tommoz, but Sun and Mon Off. How thing with you? glomp.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

cool ,, nice to have early finish occasionally :) nah not done much really cleaned house ect,, now chillin ,, not many peeps here tonight ,, must of all hit town going drinkies lol . so got anything planned for days off ?

Howz everyone tonight and how are the thumbs doing???:eek:;):D

What is this strange obssesion with my thumbs Kenny? LOL

I find Tilly`s 3 PINK STRAPS more intriguing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

cool ,, nice to have early finish occasionally :) nah not done much really cleaned house ect,, now chillin ,, not many peeps here tonight ,, must of all hit town going drinkies lol . so got anything planned for days off ?

Just chill, sleep late, an maybe go carbooting on Sunday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

lol thumbs ,, looks ,, hmm mines are okies hows yours :p

I think Kenny is refering to post 361 on your thread Helen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

cool like a rummage me ,, lol

thanx for everything Stone will let You know how it goes okies :)

sc0877dq.gif

OK babes, we gotta look out for each other, `cos nobody else will

246.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

azeb.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hey Stone

Good luck for Mon/Tue, hope it goes well.

I'll keep an eye on your thread.

ATB

Thanks Grant.

we are all keeping an eye on each other.

inq.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi Tils, Managed to get early finish tonite , but have to work monday instead. Very good chillin with some fallin down water,drinks_drunk.gif How are you? So no web site then? sad_smile.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

I am supposed to have every sunday off!! this is 2nd or 3rd this season. The fizzy sort.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00