Northern Ireland Banks

thebakerboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if all this legal stuff applies to banks in Northern Ireland, as all references that I have found relate to England/Wales or Scotland. I beleive that the Royal Bank Of Scotland owns my bank, does that make any difference to any claim if any?

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Ulster Bank Claiming £1119 Refusal: we believe our charges are fair!!! :lol:

Starting claim 12/09/06

yes the most of it does.

Which bank is it?

Data Protection Act sent to Nationwide 19/05/06.

Statements received 24/06/06 - Charged £1,954.50 :eek:

Prelim letter sent to Charles Bacon 27/06/06 :)

Cannot refund letter from Sarah Watson 07/07/06 :rolleyes:

L.B.A. sent to Charles Bacon 18/07/2006 ;)

Claim deemed filed 30/08/2006 8)

* REFUND TIME * 15/09/2006 :p

*£1945.50 + £443.37 interest + £62.00 Court fees*

** DONATION MADE **

Yep thats the one, THE ULSTER BANK, with their fab new adverts about not charging, lol:D. I can be almost certain that at least once a year i will get caught by being over by £2 or sommit, and then their charges come out and leave no money for the direct debits that are due. The next thing you know the company is ringng telling you that their direct debit was return unpaid.

So aaronmcl how are they responding to your claim, being awkward as usual?

Ulster Bank Claiming £1119 Refusal: we believe our charges are fair!!! :lol:

Starting claim 12/09/06

I'm just starting my claim against the Ulster bank which has treated me shamefully over the last couple of years and displayed an arrogance that I have found very distasteful. I had thought that I had no choice but to accept these bullying tactics, but the very thought that there is something that I can do has given me no end of hope!.

Jeremy:)

I started my refund at the beginning of may with Ulster Bank and guess what - nothing!!!!! I used this letter http://www.govanlc.com/step1_letter.html twice!!!

I have sent them a letter everyday for last week, and they have not had the courtesy to even acknowledge them!

I have another letter drafted to send tommorow, but I am really annoyed that I have had no response - bad bad manners!

I would like to highlight, publicly, Ulster Banks appaling service. I find their telephone bank staff useless, the branch staff patronising and whoever writes those letters in Belfast, really lacking empathy.

I don't feel hopeful about getting my £1100 back, but I find it strangely comforting that I am not the only person suffering at the hands of Ulster Bank.

i have started a clim in NI against the halifax, but there are others in the other institutions section who are claiming against the NI bank, the local banks in NI are notoriously bad at customer service but keep at them if they haven't replied you start a claim using an estimate as long as you can show some of the charges, ie usually you get charged £10 per month the account has been opened for 7 months therefore you are claiming £70, you also need to stsate the amount claimed is a estimate.

you wanna try the first trust if you think the ulster is bad the arrogance of my branch manager never ceases to amaze me. mind you when i have my 11k plus 8%interest back i might just be a bit arrogant myself. lol

Re Northern Bank ::does it matter if i haven't got all my statements to calculate my charges??only a few missing...does it matter if my calculations are different from thiers...???

Also can you tell me if it is lawful for credit card companies to charge me for duplicate statements..?? One was looking £3 per statement ,, for 6 years worth thats a lot on dosh...

please help as i am eager to get the letters sent to the people who have my money

:cool:

hi finbar

you can get all the information you need by writing to your banks and ccc,s and ask for a "subject data access request under the data protection act. there are plenty of template letters around you can use. get all your information and count up your charges. you can also claim 8% interest on the charges.

I have just received my 'get lost ' letter from the Royal Bank of Scotland for my request for £900. Many thanks for the 'govan' letter which I have just typed and will send off today recorded delivery. When I get my refund I will be making you a donation. This is a super site.:) Take if they ignore me I then go to the Small Claims Court ?

First forgive any errors or omissions as am a complete Newbe and have very little time to read everything (too busy working overtime to keep paying charges)

My main account is with the Halifax. Last month I went £24 over my agreed limit for 24 hours. This cost me £60, half of which they refunded as goodwill, but they had removed my name and substituted my Fathers name (he also has an account with them) this happens on a regular basis, last time was the other way around.

When ringing the Bank I was told that the only way to sort this out was to go to my branch, this would cost me time off work, transport cost etc; As this is their fault does anyone know or have suggestions as to how I could charge them a referral fee for my manual intervention. (cheeky letter templates appreciated)

Ta Andy:p

First forgive any errors or omissions as am a complete Newbe and have very little time to read everything (too busy working overtime to keep paying charges)

If you're not prepared to read the FAQs or put in any effort yourself, then you're not going to get your charges back.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

your gettin into something which you would end up wishing you had never started. why dont you stick to doing what we all know we can do and claim back your charges. its been proven to work where as trying to charge them a penalty charge kinda flys in the face of what we all represent.

regards john.

I have sent of the letter asking for the fees back what I am looking for is not a penalty but redress. This is the third time they have changed the ownership of one of my accounts. On the previous two occasions after trying unsuccessfully to sort it over the phone I had to take two mornings off work, car parking charges etc:

I can justify my costs not like them.

After getting my £670 "gesture of goodwill", Ulster Bank went on to charge me for £30 for being overdrawn for May - on the same day!!!!!!!:eek:

I blew a quiet, but effective fuse, and have now sent another letter asking for the rest of my charges!!!! I have used this letter.

http://www.govanlc.com/step_2_letter.doc

I have adapted it for me, but I am hoping this one will put the wind of god up them!!!!

Wish me luck!!

After getting my £670 "gesture of goodwill", Ulster Bank went on to charge me for £30 for being overdrawn for May - on the same day!!!!!!!:eek:

I blew a quiet, but effective fuse, and have now sent another letter asking for the rest of my charges!!!! I have used this letter.

http://www.govanlc.com/step_2_letter.doc

I have adapted it for me, but I am hoping this one will put the wind of god up them!!!!

Wish me luck!!

Have been reading site now and a going to open a new bank account on Monday. Then im sending off my DPA to the ever so helpful Ulster Bank!! Have been charged to the hilt for years and am looking forward to getting stuck in to them!! If anyone has any info regarding how small claims work in N Ireland (bar the £2000 limit it) it would be good to know. Thanks and good luck!