Fred Bassett v Egg/Credit Solutions

Fred Bassett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Capquest must like talking to themselves because they rang me 5 times yesterday and each call took 16-17 seconds as opposed to the 10 seconds their 'silent' calls usually last.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to divert these calls to outside the UK because if so I can have some real fun and games. First off, I had in mind the Chinese Consulate - in Tokyo.

Anyway, here are Capquest's latest attempts at harassment tactics towards me. Bloody idiots.:

CapquestCalls4-1.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capquest have now called me 80 times since the beginning of the year. They've spoken to me once. They are very persistent but stupid. For the past 2 weeks they have been ringing themselves because I diverted my voicemail number to one of their numbers. I've just changed the divert so from now on, when they ring me, they will be contacting the Dogging Information Hotline.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

:lol::lol::lol:

Be interesting if the call frequency increases.:eek:

David

Never mind the frequency, check the length! I'll post up if anything interesting occurs.

Fred

Well I diverted it back to themselves and it looks like they had a bit of a chat with each other today. 33 seconds was the longest call yet and as it obviously got answered, I didn't get a notification. I was wondering why they hadn't called me today. Do you think these thick gits will finally realise that they've been ringing themselves?

Anyway, that's 94 calls they've made to me since I requested that they deal with this matter in writing only. That's enough ammunition for me to have some fun when they next write.

Regards to all.

Fred

CapquestCalls5.jpg

Capquest have now called me 80 times since the beginning of the year. They've spoken to me once. They are very persistent but stupid. For the past 2 weeks they have been ringing themselves because I diverted my voicemail number to one of their numbers. I've just changed the divert so from now on, when they ring me, they will be contacting the Dogging Information Hotline.

Fred

oh you are wicked hehe but i like you haha well done fred i think the best one will be direct it to the ICO and FSA

Errr...on the evidence so far, no.:eek:

David

I think you're right David, although it was a rhetorical question. They've called 3 more times today, including about half an hour ago. 3 more and they hit the ton! That DM Club number has been so useful.

Regards.

Fred

2 more calls from Capquest today, they've now exceeded the ton - 101 calls since 4th January to be precise. Idiots. I've now diverted my voicemail number to a local taxi firm in Fleet where they are based. Let's see what happens.

Fred

2 more calls from Capquest today, they've now exceeded the ton - 101 calls since 4th January to be precise. Idiots. I've now diverted my voicemail number to a local taxi firm in Fleet where they are based. Let's see what happens.

Fred

Wonder how many of those are 'silent' calls?

If there was anyone one the line they should have cottoned on by now.

David

• 2 weeks later...

The more dealings I have with Capquest, the more it reinforces my opinion that theirs is a world utterly devoid of intelligent life form.

Clearly, they want me to increase my payments to Egg. This matters to them greatly, to the extent that they have called me nearly 120 times in 3 months over a debt worth a few hundred quid. The fact that most of these calls have either gone a) straight to voice mail, b) diverted back to themselves, c) diverted to the local taxi service or d) diverted to South West Trading Standards, seems to have gone unnoticed.

They have finally got around to writing to me and what a classic this is (see below). I've highlighted a few bits which are of particular interest.

1. The word 'please' in the first section. When you have taken in the style of the rest of the letter, you can only imagine how gritted were the teeth of the person who reluctantly agreed to include that word. I'm sure that the first draft probably started off as 'Your are ORDERED ...'

2. 'Continue on reverse'. The reverse is page 2. No further comment necessary.

3. 'We may ask you to supply us ......' For this, read 'We don't trust you, you lying debtor ****** and unless you can pay us an amount that keeps the boys and girls in clearasil for at least a week, we will continue to harass you further'

4. 'I propose to repay my indebtedness by .....' What an insulting and demeaning sentence.

It's also worth noting that they offer an option to pay by credit card.

Now I'm quite used to dealing with these cretins but their letter still poses a dilemma - should I:

a - use it to wipe my bum? (probably not absorbent enough)

b - Ignore it?

c - Reply to it in the contemptuous manner it deserves?

Personally, I prefer option b as it wastes even more of their time and resource. Plus, I would have to use my own envelope and stamp if I were to reply.

Imagine though, if you had received something like this for the first time. It's not hard to see how Capquest's style of going in hard with both jackbooted feet could drive someone to find this site and we all know what the result of that can be. They really are the most incredibly stupid people I have ever dealt with. They are simply incapable of realising that this type of letter is almost designed to lead people to seek help. Long may they continue.

CapquestIE1.jpg

CapquestIE2.jpg

Edited by Fred Bassett

Now I'm quite used to dealing with these cretins but their letter still poses a dilemma - should I:

b - Ignore it?

A and C together sounds like a good plan :D

wp3

I would have said a) but that would be like reusing loo paper as its already covered in the stuff.

So a good option would be a) then send it back. Mind you that could be seen as c) unless you did mean that.

That said they may not notice the extra shi... you know, not seeing the wood for the trees.

Edited by count orlok

b - Ignore it?

A and C together sounds like a good plan :D

wp3

I'd say A and C too - but I'd enclose A with your response (after you've used it) so they know what you are referring to.

• 3 weeks later...

Are this bunch of clowns part of Capquest?

Scotcall1.jpg

I think I know the answer to that now, which is they are. Does anyone have an email address for them?

Regards.

Fred

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0307076Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Scotcall Limited 127277

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Scotcall Debt Collecting Services

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Grants - Furnishers

McIvers - Furnishers

Issued Date: 13-Feb-1991 Expiry Date: 12-Feb-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Alistair David Smith OFFICER

David Stevenson OFFICER

Miss Evelyn Agnes Isabella Tuner OFFICER

Mr James Leishman Snedden OFFICER

Mr Stephen Robert Durrant OFFICER

Mrs Brenda Stevenson OFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Allan William Paterson Snedden OFFICER

Joan Marion Snedden OFFICER

Mr Alan Howard Longhurst OFFICER

Mr Thomas Sloper OFFICER

Victoria Anne Formby Sharman OFFICER

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence Spectrum Building 3rd Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Principal Place Of Business Spectrum Building 3rd Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Registered Office Spectrum Building 3rd Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire, G84 9AS

Principal Place Of Business 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, G84 9AE

Principal Place Of Business 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, G84 9AS

Principal Place Of Business 71, Houldsworth Street, Glasgow, G3 8ED

Principal Place Of Business Carrick House 40, Carrick Street, Glasgow, G2 8PJ

Principal Place Of Business Spectrum Building 3rd Floor 55, Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Principal Place Of Business Spectrum Bulding 3rd Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Principal Place Of Business Spectrum Bulding 3rd Floor, Scota Debt Collecting Services, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 8PJ

Principal Place Of Business Spectrum Bulding 3rd Floor, Scotcall Debet Collecting Ser, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 8PJ

Registered Office 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire, G84 9AS

Registered Office 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, G84 9AE

Registered Office 22, West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, Dunbartonshire, G84 9AS

Registered Office 81, Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7DX

Registered Office Spectrum Building 3rd Floor 55, Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Registered Office Spectrum Building 3rd Floor, Scota Debt Collecting Services, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G7 7AT

Registered Office Spectrum Building 3rd Floor, Scotcall Debt Collecting Serv, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G7 7AT

I've been thinking of making a F&F offer on my Egg Credit card account. I had in mind about a third of the balance - bear in mind that this one is enforceable. Anyway, last week I had a letter from Scotcall - usual rubbish about needing the full balance etc. So I wrote to them offering a F&F settlement. Today I got a letter back from them enclosing my letter and telling me the account had been passed back to their client - Capquest!

Anyone got any idea what this is about?

Regards.

Fred

Aah... I think they may smell your blood...

Did you make the offer on a without prejudice basis?

No, because I readily accept this debt and I've been paying it off.

To be honest, if push came to shove I could pay the whole thing off in a couple of months without any problems, so I just want to get it sorted. It's one out of the way then.

Regards.

Fred

No, because I readily accept this debt and I've been paying it off.

To be honest, if push came to shove I could pay the whole thing off in a couple of months without any problems, so I just want to get it sorted. It's one out of the way then.

Regards.

Fred

Good on you

• 8 months later...

Well this on is still rumbling on and I haven't heard from my mates capQuest for ages - until yesterday when I got this:

Capquest16122010.jpg

I love the words 'Please note that this is not a demand but a request'. As if there is a difference as I would ignore either.

I've now decided to have some fun with capQest. I've been paying Egg directly as well as the monthly payments I've made to capQuest, so there is not much remaining to pay now. Here's my reply:

capQuest

Fleet 27

Rye Close

Fleet

Hampshire

GU51 2QQ

23rd December 2010

Your reference: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sirs,

Egg Banking plc Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 16th December 2010.

If further proof of your idiocy were required, this was surely it.

I have not written to you since October 2009. Furthermore, you have overstated the balance on this account by £230.00.

This means either that you have spent more than a year in responding to my letter or you are making a pathetic attempt to get me to ring you. Either way, I have decided that I will no longer deal with you and I have cancelled my standing order. I will now make my payments direct to Egg, something I have been doing anyway in addition to the monthly payments I have made to you.

Would you please therefore remove the file with my name on it from its storage location, place it in your rectum and push hard.

Yours faithfully,

Fred Bassett

I can now look forward to getting my voicemail bombarded with messages in the New Year - I can then divert these calls all around the UK. Any suggestions anyone?