Help with Experian Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently requested a copy of my credit report with Experian.

When I lived with my parents I got into a bit of difficulty with repayments and defaulted on several accounts.

However, when I received my credit report it makes no mention of any defaults at my parents address or indeed any reference to my parents address at all! Is this normal? I was on the electoral/council tax at my parents house.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

How long ago was this? More than 6 years and the defaults should have dropped off your file.

Have you got your Equifax report? That sometimes has more detail - sometimes not.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I had letters from the bank saying they were defaulting etc that was only around a year ago...I received all the default notices etc. Nothing at all is showing on my credit file now though. I did tell experian about my previous address and that I had only lived at my current address for around a year. I'm confused! :S

Somebody started an excellent thread just recently detailing the value of sending Experian a full SAR. Ok it costs £8 more, but apparently revealed a lot of information which a simple credit report wouldn't.

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

Found it! It relates to Equifax, not Experian, but I'm sure the same would apply. Worth reading:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/59830-equifax-r-subject-access.html