Reclaiming one charge

speedo101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My daughter has been charged £38 for a bounced cheque. We telephoned Nat West who would only agree to refund half of the charge as a gesture of goodwill. This is the first time she has ever exceeded her limit and I see no reason why she should not get the lot back. Is it best to just send a slightly rejigged version of the prelim letter or is there a better way of getting back just one charge.

Thanks Speedo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You would have thought so wouldn't you but she wasn't having any of it. In the end I did mention that I would just write in using the CAG letters but she just said well in that case they wouldn't refund any of it! So I said fine you refund the half and I will chase the other half Talk about making it hard work:rolleyes:

Thanks Speedo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are so cocky.

Still at the end of the day the person you spoke to probably thinks 'well its not my money so why should I care'

What would the case be if it was her charge she was trying to get back-not so cocky then me thinks.

Go for it Speedo and keep us posted.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Have you been into the branch. My daughter had exactly the same thing - £38 charge for being £2.38 in the red for one day!

I went into the local branch with her and explained what had happened and as a gesture of goodwill and as a once in a lifetime offer they cancelled the charge.

Might be worth a go.

;)

Ring this number 0208 236 8295 Customer relations Borehamwood.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Congratulations action-smiley-033.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.