Help needed!

katslo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I feel really out of depth with all of this and the catalogue of errors made by Capital One aren't helping!

I asked for a list of charges for both my cards and only one turned up. I wrote again requesting data for the second card and still nothing - then I had a brainwave and went to my last address and there were both letters (the second apologising for sending the first to my previous address :lol: ).

The problem is that for both cards overlimit charges have been added when the accounts are closed and in addition the info relating to the second card (of which I have two copies) is entirely different each time! I called the number shown on the 'what to do if we make a mistake' leaflet enclosed with the info but was rudley treated and told to write to the Exectutive Response Unit.

I'm getting fed up with this and don't know what to do as I feel that their data is so unreliable that I can't claim back my charges yet. I'm also really confused by the whole claiming back interest issue but feel like throwing in the towel before I even get to that! :(

Any ideas on how to tackle this would be really appreciated - I don't want to let them get away with this!!! Thanks.

I also was sent the wrong statements but i phoned 0800 9524914 and they will send you the correct copies .As far as the interest is concerned i had never touched a spreadsheat before but theres links on here that make it easier than you think.Im only on my first claim and a complete novice and got the help from these pages,so keep it up and good luck

• Haha 1

Hi Katslo

You should ask for an S.A.R ( Subject Access Request ) letter with £10 in total, in the form of a cheque or postal order. They then have 40 days to supply you with ALL of the data they have on your 2 accounts. It's £10 in total for both accounts. When you receive this information, add up all of your charges. I have some links below to help guide you. First thing though is the S.A.R.. Let's get this done properly. Keep us posted.

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for the responses. I've already sent the SAR letter using the template on this site, that's where the incorrect data i've been given comes from. I'm going to give them a call on the number suggested by flacon65 and let them know that i'm not happy as i can't help feeling this is a breech of the data protectoin principles in that data must be accuratly kept. Hope this works and will keep you posted - thanks for the guidance, any more advice will be gratefully accepted!