Laddie18 vs HSBC

laddie18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just read the Lloyds TSB 'victory'!

i wonder if any of the mods could put what it means it laymens terms for us thickies if possible.

I am probably worried like most other people on here what this means to us.

Many

Just read the Lloyds TSB 'victory'!

i wonder if any of the mods could put what it means it laymens terms for us thickies if possible.

I am probably worried like most other people on here what this means to us.

Many thanks in advance

John

john - still thinking about that managed loan thing - apparently this is the very first step - if they can't provide a signed copy of the loan agreement then it may be unenforcable. here's the letter - and read around the thread a little you'll see a few are trying it...

Re:− Account Number Here

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. (Send with postal order for £1 by recorded delivery)

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Lat,

Just cut and pasted will post tomorrow, anything is worth a try...

Again, the knowledge of the people on this site (especially you) amazes me

John

Just been reading all the fallout out from the Lloyds case on the net.

Would be nice to hear from a qualified legal eagle on what their thoughts are on the case?

It is not going to put me off, i will be going through the paperwork and reading up more thoroughly as should everyone. it sounds to me like we should all be able to produce t&c of when we took put the accounts with the banks?

What do other people think>

John

Hi Lat,

Just been thinking about the managed loan thing, i have not done anything about it yet.

I am going to ask them for an overdraft to cover the Overdrawn amount on my account and explain to them that this is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper then me taking out another managed loan.

I think that their reply may go along the lines of NO as i do not have a good credit score etc, but surely if they are prepared to offer me a LOAN they should be prepared to offer a temporary overdraft (temporary until i get my excess charges back from them (should i mention this?)).

Wonder if anyone else has any suggestions?

Cheers and the beers will be on me once all this has been sorted.

John

why not say to them something like = i am expecting some money in within a couple of months, so were you able to extend to me an overdraft for a couple of months - i will be able to pay it back -

and if they ask where it's coming from - you might just say from DG Solicitors. you just know they wouldn't be that helpful - when they could get you onto a managed loan and be able to charge you 20%. i really, really get mad when i think of those damn loans.

It has just been on the 10 o clock news on the BBC with a little piece about the Lloyds 'victory'. They basically turned round and said that this holds no precedence on everyone claiming their money back!

Any one heard how Stax got on, i believe today was the day for court?

John

• 2 weeks later...

The postman has just delivered 13 envelopes from HSBC for 2 accounts (2 years missing on 1 account!!)

1 account worth £624

1 account worth £388

Thought it was going to be a lot more.... but never mind!

Prelim letter goes off for 1 account tomorrow, will give them another couple of days to get the missing statements to me...

How is everyone? What has been happening as i have been away with work for 2 weeks nearly. Its amazing how you miss how other people are getting on!..

John

Hi All,

Postman turned up this morning with the missing statements.

Prelim Letter going off today to Colin Langdale

Account 1: £1013.50

Account 2: £388.00

Heres hoping for a quick settlement!!!:)

John

Just recd a settlement letter from Intelligent Finance, as it is a little quiet over there i wonder if someone would have a quick look at my no thank you letter before i post it.

Cheers

John

where is your no thank you letter? Is it on another thread, if not, post it here or PM someone (or me) and we will take a look at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Just click on my name and then click on send a personal message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 2 weeks later...