• Tweets

• The Post Office has plummeted from its position as Britain’s sixth-most-trusted financial, banking and insurance brand to 135th in the space of just 12 months amid public outcry over the Horizon IT scandal, new polling suggests. The company is now at risk of losing a third of its “heartland” older customer base, the study found, with the number of over-50s considering using Post Office services falling (by a third) in less than a year   Frankly, I'm astonished theres any trust left at all let alone that much   Trust in Post Office plummets following outrage over Horizon scandal WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Exclusive: Post Office at risk of losing a third of its over-50 customer base, Savanta polling suggests  
    • At the moment I can't explain everything. Basically my ex has said I controlled her money so couldn't pay her bills. Something that I can prove I have never done. She simply doesn't pay her bills just wastes money. Hence the reason I have been told to pay the bills. Bearing in mind when we lived together I made sure the bills were paid. After we split amazingly they were not paid and the bills solely in her name.
    • Every post of yours brings a pile of new information but little by way of explanation. It's like trying to put together a jigsaw with half the pieces missing. I cannot, for example, envisage any circumstances where a creditor tells you in writing that you aren't liable for a bill but your solicitor and the police tell you that you have to pay it anyway. All I can say to you is that you have to keep making clear to everyone concerned that there is no point in them keep telling you that you have to pay your Ex's bills when you don't know what they are or the account details. And that your Ex won't tell you. 
    • Wonder whos getting his 'safe' seat? ... still waiting for the announcement that Johnson the Liars carcass is being dragged back by the remnants of the same dead horses that dragged it out. ... should be dragged into the courts on multiple counts   New blow for Sunak as cabinet minister says he will stand down at election WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Chris Heaton-Harris, who has a majority of 26,000, is the 65th Conservative to announce he is leaving parliament  
    • I see Greater Manchester police chief defends decision to investigate Angela Rayner | Angela Rayner | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Stephen Watson says process will be carried out ‘fairly and impartially’ in his most extensive public comments on the claims   So when Is Johnson, Jenrick, cummings and a number of other 'multi homed' Tories who  claimed under lockdown that there country estates were their main homes so it wasn't breaking lockdown to go there - while voting in constituencies Let alone all the expenses for multiple homes claimed .. Let alone the following selling houses largely paid for by the taxpayer - and pocketing millions in profit as well  .. FOUR Tory MPs face Angela Rayner-style probes into tax affairs WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM No fewer than FOUR Tory MPs decline to disclose whether they paid tax on the sale of their taxpayer-funded 2nd homes.      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

manecas vs natwest

manecas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

watt i mean is: i have to send a letter to natwest asking for my charges or i have to ask for all my statements since i started with my account and then found myself the total amount?:p

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

hi parkvale thanks for your help i go tomorrow in my branch and ask them for my statements for the last year if they dont give me that i will sent the letter you are advicing me to sent i keep updating my situation bye

Good luck manecas. It's really hard taking the first step towards reclaiming your charges, but you'll find that on this forum you'll get all the help and support that you need to see it through to the end. If there's anything at all that you get stuck on, please just post on this thread and somebody will come to your aid. Again, good luck. Best wishes, hedgey xxx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

You're welcome manecas, entirely welcome. Reading between the lines, I think you've had a bit of a rough ride with the bank and that maybe you've accepted an account that wasn't explained to you properly in the first place? Regardless of that, you're in the right place now, and I really do hope that you keep on posting with your progress and/or any advice or support you might need. If you get stuck with anything at all, no matter how small it might seem, just post here on your thread and you should get a response quite quickly. And welcome to the CAG - don't think I've said that yet!!! xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hellooo again good people here is your favourite aprentice.have read that news about the hsbc bank in Poole?that they only attend costumers in branch if they have more then £75000 or a hexley £200000 mortgage or £100000 mortgage more £75000 income funny an? i never expect to see anything like this in my life.

well i said this because my branch manager is one of these people who only likes you if you have a good amount of pounds in your account,if not she launches you is reptil look,and today i have the fantastic to not say a "orgasmic plaisure" can i say that ? is not a offence yes?

well i just said to her in the most louder ton of voice -Madam x i want you please to tel me if to have a complete list of all the charges that your bank as aplyed to me, is neccessary sent any letter to natwest requesting that or you can do that for me here in the branch?

she asked me-can i ask you why do you need that information?

-yes you can my lady.is just to calculate the total amount of charges your bank as ilegally taked from my account,amount that i gonna request natwest to refund me.

now Madam can i have a answer please?

well the branch was full of costumers and i think she only not tried to make me change my mind with fear that the other costumers started making questions about.

in the end she as write a request form for me and told me that in one week time my request will be available on the branch.

well i said thank you soo much and leave the branch with that smile face to face and let her with her horrendous hungry face and burning eyes.

watt a b****.my god wend i remenber the look that she showed to me i just can think on that horror or thriller movies.

i feel really well and happy for take this step.

thank you all again.specially you hedgey06 have a nice weekend go enjoy the air of the sea because we gonna have a hot weekend;) :p:cool:

Guest NATTIE

sigh sigh sigh, not an easy job working for a bank, eh? and i do think the use of that word is offensive describing the manager as a b****.

and watt you think Nattie we gonna win or not, wich ones are the odds,if this case goes ahead he as chances to beat that sharks or not ?watt can we do to help him if he needs?:p

Guest NATTIE

I am awaiting a NatWest win on this one, so i am a Cobbetts fan on this issue alone.:D I think there may exist evidence that could potentially prove his case but as it stands this specific piece of info is not one that i think he may have gotten hold of, so I have to go on the opposition side on this issue.

Nattie we if he wins. that will make it,

20,000,000 to us and 1 to Nat West. ;) Really that is one to many.;) and a cobbett

fan as well. Oh Nattie you are an honourable man in in the line of duty. We would be lost on this site without you.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Guest NATTIE

I am a cobbetts fan without doubt but only on this specific case. I am sure that the end is nigh to the charges system as we see today, but I am not one for following the line of outright support for Tom Brennan.

i do think that if we can win each of our little battles against the sharks before we move more deep we must consider very well , if we can or not win , and not just jump in the dark like if you are playing pocker i hope

that is not Tom Brennan situation but i have to admire him anyway,good luck

hello everyone please i have the letter ready to sent to natwest asking for the complete list of transations and charges but i dont have the adress can you please tel me to where sent the letter tank you

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D