Orange broadband debacle!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have written 2 letters of complaint to orange and have yet to receive a satisfactory response. I wondered if anyone could offer their opinion on the situation and advice on what to do next.

It's a bit longwinded so I will try to keep it as brief as possible!

1) At time of opening the a/c, I gave them my bank details for DD

2) For the first 6 months they took no payment, despite several phone calls to ask why they hadn't done so - they confirmed my bank details each time and claimed to have set up the DD with my bank

3) Eventually, after 6 months, they set up the DD with my bank (the bank have confirmed that Orange hadn't been in touch to set it up prior to this) and took 6 months worth of payments in one go (consequently, I suffered financial hardship that month)

4) A few months later, I moved out and transfered the Orange broadband details to my mum's name, giving them her bank details for the new DD

5) The following month, they tried to take the DD from my a/c instead of my mum's, I had no money in there and so i got a £19.50 charge from my bank

6) My mum gets a late payment charge of £5 added to the broadband a/c, even though it was their error!

I have written to them outlining the above issues, and their response basically ignored everything I had written!!

In reference to the initial DD problems, all they said was that as a result of MY failure to pay (ha ha) the account had been suspended for a couple of weeks and we had not been charged during that time. They do not acknowledge the fact that they had failed to set up the DD at all.

With regards to the more recent issue, they quote the DD guarantee, stating that they gave us the required 10 days notice that the details were going to change. Firstly, THEY didn't change the details, WE did, and secondly, we received no correspondance whatsoever during this time.

I have since written back to them restating the exact issues I would like them to address, and am still awaiting a response.

To be honest, I am more interested in an explanation and apology than any financial compensation, but would be interested in your views on this.

Incidentally, I am in the process of claiming all my bank charges back from the Co-op, so the £19.50 charge should hopefully be coming back to me in any case.

Fizz