Dusary v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

Sally from Halifax rang me to tell about 3 OTHER accounts. "I thought whilst I was doing statements for you - I'd check to see whether there were any other accounts."

How sweet and kind of her! (And I'm NOT being cynical!!!)

Sadly: one of them is already being dealt with - no surprises there.

Two were savings accounts (now closed).

But, Hey! One was an ISA -still open and with dosh in it! I'm £50 better off than I thought I was!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Rude. It'll be rude.

OH! YES!!!!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

"I'd check to see whether there were any other accounts."

I'm sure she was nice, Dusary, but if you refer back to this post on my thread, you'll see that you should be able to walk into any branch with ID and get a printout of all your accounts including a/c numbers, open/close dates (for active AND closed accounts) etc. instantly. Give it a try if this lady doesn't come up with the goods ;)

This is also a useful tool in another way - it indicates that they certainly hold at least some data about you going back ages - in my case 20 years :D

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I should point out as a rider to the above post - the printout I refer to is a summary, with no transaction details - it should be just one A4 sheet for most people i suspect.

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I think that with Information Commissioner's Office on their tails - they WILL produce the goods!

I have a feeling I've got them on the ropes!

Oh yes :D Dusary's Feeling the surge!!!!

Go! Go! Go!

Write to your MP and

Looks like they are running around after you...:D

Makes a nice change. AND £50 better off...AND PLATINUM ACCOUNT..!!

You are finally getting some where!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ah Well!

Rang a number given to me by someone who is following my progress very carefully.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Request Team: They now have it on record that something is happening! They have requested ALL the information on the #1 a/c PLUS, PLUS, PLUS .......

The 2 other accounts they inadvertently let slip that I once had.

PLUS, PLUS, PLUS ......

The 3 Loan accounts I had had!

They said that these would be with me within 14 days!! (We'll see!)

As a High Heart card:

I politely read out a bit of the Information Commissioners Office letter!!!

Then I rang the 08457253519 number to ask how the Senior Review Team was getting on.

Surprise! Surprise!

I spoke to the nice lady I had spoken to twice before. She recognised my voice!

She could tell me that the SENIOR REVIEW TEAM had sent me a letter on 27th June (yesteday - 2nd class) OFFERING me:

Wait for it: £5,116.23 for the #2 a/c mad0058.gif

£2,308 for the #1 a/c mad0058.gif

(and, of course, I haven't got the full history for that a/c!)

That seems to me to be £7,931.87 adrift on the #2 a/c (excluding the interest!).

And £2,848.39 adrift on the #1 a/c (excluding the interest!).

Any guesses what I'm going to say to them when the *OFFER* comes?

mad0233.gif

!!!OH! AND THERE'S A POSTAL STRIKE TOMORROW!!!

MMMMMMMMMM Let me guess what the response is from Mr Dusary.

It is good progress though. I am pleased. I know you will be, obviously.

Same thing with me at that stage. Onto review team, 4 weeks or so. At some time phone them up, link it to length of time, their failures etc and zipity do, it will go up to the 100%. Would be nice to get the statements (still waiting). All of this can be used if referring to FOS or elsewhere, later.

Sally sounds helpful. Have not really come across that before. Bit of a stand out even!!!!........ Potential employee of the year!!!!!.......Lets not say that, otherwise she will end up on one of their infernal adverts!!!!!

Is that the Postie walking up the road with my new 'Bank Of CAG' Maestro card & cheque book? :lol:

Write to your MP and

Is that the Postie walking up the road with my new 'Bank Of CAG' Maestro card & cheque book? :lol:

STEADY! STEADY!

But I hope that you DO hear the patter of tiny feet!

But you won't tomorrow - POSTAL STRIKE!

I'm sure she was nice, Dusary, but if you refer back to this post on my thread, you'll see that you should be able to walk into any branch with ID and get a printout of all your accounts including a/c numbers, open/close dates (for active AND closed accounts) etc. instantly. Give it a try if this lady doesn't come up with the goods ;)

This is also a useful tool in another way - it indicates that they certainly hold at least some data about you going back ages - in my case 20 years :D

Oh! Macboy - I'm not worrying.

Remember?

THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE

ARE ON THEIR TAILS AS WELL!!

animal0019.gif

But I hope that you DO hear the patter of tiny feet!

But you won't tomorrow - POSTAL STRIKE!

I didn't hear them today and won't tomorrow.

Maybe Saturday!!!!!

However, looks quite good after calling Endeavour Personal Finance re Insurance [problem]. Came across someone who has a preference account with BoS. They will both need research!!! Ah well!!!!:)

Looks like they are running around after you...:D

Makes a nice change. AND £50 better off...AND PLATINUM ACCOUNT..!!

You are finally getting some where!

Well - AT LAST!

For years and years and years, SSL, they've been running after me - but for different reasons.

Now there's a jaunt in my step - or something equally "Irish"!

And had it not been for CAG - I'd have folded under the pressure!

Not now!

Not even if they refuse to go any further.

Oh! NO! This is the beginning of the "END".

AHEM! Once I get my FULL history of the #1 a/c and the histories of all the other accounts that nice "Sally" told me about.

And now I've finally persuaded my Secretary to get going and begin to chase LLoyds TSB. She deserves success as well!

(I know you are reading this *Dear Secretary*!)

And, even if there are still some humpy-bumpy bits to circumnavigate:

I know that HBOSplc are caving in for my claim(s) as well!

Printed out the 4 "rejecting offers" letters in readiness! Unfortunately, I have to be off at sparrow-fart on Saturday morning to Perth (6.50am train) - so won't have the pleasure of opening their offer letter and reading ........

Dear Dusary,

We are so sorry that for years and years you have mismanaged your account(s) with our connivance.

We admit that we have fleeced you on many occasions, charging you £39 a time when it really only cost us £2.

We also admit that due to our ineptitude as a financial organisation we have delayed, or seldom if ever, replied to any of your letters and those we did respond to were way beyond the time-scales set down by law.

We think that you are very naughty running to the Information Commissioners Office.

However, as a gesture of goodwill, we are prepared to offer you 27p as FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT..... if you will just sign below and promise never to tell anyone of our generous offer.

Please do not trouble us any further about the other 7 accounts. We are too busy trying to conceal vital information from all our other customers.

Yours sincerely,

Joe Smith

Senior Review Team Manager (who receives a £1k bonus every time a fool like you accepts this first offer)

PS. Sally has been demoted! - So there!

lol

ROFL :lol:

Write to your MP and

cool0017.gif

I tried one for MacBoy, too - but I'd already given him some!

pah!

humph!

"grrrrrr!!"

:p

Write to your MP and

I can't do anything for either of you two until I spread the love a bit more. Apparentlly. Ahem.

Write to your MP and