Delmorpha Vs Halifax PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the starting letter about 2 weeks ago now and unsurprisingly am still waiting to here back from them, and am yet to see the cheque be deposited either. They are quite obviously in no rush!

I think I am due somewhere in the region of £500-£1000 from between 2001 and now, and the reason I closed the account with the Halifax and changed banks was because of the bank charges in the first place. I think they'll get off with a few hundred from pre 2001 as that was my first year at Uni and Im sure I must've gone over my overdraft a few times then. :-x

I remember being stung one month for £120 just before a student loan cheque and they said explicitly they couldn't do anything about the charges... we'll see who has the last laugh! *mwahaha* :cool:

I sent the starting letter about 2 weeks ago now and unsurprisingly am still waiting to here back from them, and am yet to see the cheque be deposited either. They are quite obviously in no rush!

I think I am due somewhere in the region of £500-£1000 from between 2001 and now, and the reason I closed the account with the Halifax and changed banks was because of the bank charges in the first place. I think they'll get off with a few hundred from pre 2001 as that was my first year at Uni and Im sure I must've gone over my overdraft a few times then. :-x

I remember being stung one month for £120 just before a student loan cheque and they said explicitly they couldn't do anything about the charges... we'll see who has the last laugh! *mwahaha* :cool:

Hi use the time to read through the site, start with the FAQs and the step by step instructions these will guide you through the whole process.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called my local branch today to chase my rundown of charges as its just about come to the 40 day deadline and he was very helpful so I felt a bit guilty about shouting as he was a middleman more than anything else.

He had to call me back which he did pretty much straight away telling me that due to the increase in requests they are having some problems getting them out within the deadline of 40 days, some landing around the deadline and others a little bit after. Can they legally do this?! They had no problems taking my cheque on the 10th April...

Right, just sent off the LBA to the Customer Relations department, PO Box 548, as recommended by the lovely Ladybird17, as well as faxing a copy across to the number given to me by my local branch as recommended by them to bump things on a bit (strange to get positive advice with regards to my claim from Halifax themselves!). 7 days... a bit like that idiot Craaaaig Daaavids song!

So I still have nothing at all... and am a bit confused where to go next with the Court order part of it. If I have nothing waiting for me at home when I get back from work then I will need to proceed to this stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, not been updating in a while so Ill keep it up to date.

I didn't receive within 40 days so I went to the website and registered my complaint as well as sending the Halifax a letter telling them to hurry up or ill proceed with legal action. A week later my printout arrived adding up to £501.50.

I sent the Preliminary approach 10 days ago and today I have the usual letter saying they have carried out a "full investigation" and that the charges have been correctly applied to my account with the usual leaflet enclosed, to which I am going to respond with the usual LBA tomorrow.

What I find the most insulting is that its blatantly generic letter as it mentions if I need greater flexibility yet the account has been closed for 3 years.

Should I keep to the standard LBA or should I mention the fact they obviously sent me a standard response and that I would appreciate a more professional approach?

Cheers for any advice!

I dont think they take too much notice of the letters. So just sending the normal lba should be fine.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .