thio v abbey

thiopentone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

checked bank account today they sneaked refunds into account already which has cleared my overdraft and some to spare not sure if they put the whole of the £860 in will have to ask at the counter since the whole of the refunds dont show on mini statement at the ATM. Havent even started court action yet but will pursue the rest through the courts when i get the fees.Think that is part of their strategy to wait till your account overdrawn then give you some refunds

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sent abbey letter today accepting their offer as a partial refund but told them will also be taking court action to get the rest if they do not return the remaining in 10 days i think they will wait till account is overdrawn again then sneak them in like they did the other lot will try hard not to OD contemplating closing the account so they cant sneak them in have requested that should they wish to settle before court action send it to me in a cheque;) am also contemplating a 2 pronged attack and involving the financial ombudsman, cant do any harm;)

Hi thio i know there are times when it all seems to get too much and you really could do without the hassle but i can assure you if you stick to this you will feel so much better when they do settle in full.

If you really cant deal with this just now then as long as you havent started any court action (which i thought you had) then pass the full case on to the FOS because they will deal with it for you and you will only get updates on how the complaints going, they are 100% successfull and dont cost a penny so WHY pay anyone?

Have decided to carry on the CAG route just didnt fancy doing another spreadsheet thought the gogw would be difficult to work out but deleted the required amount of charges and it matched the gogw if you see what i mean phew :D will be sending amended spreadsheet to abbey give them 10 days to do the neccessary and hopefully start court action if funds available feel a bit more on track now, just feel its such a vast waste of A4 paper making us prepare bundles then they settle at last minute thanx big mac for your inspiration;)

Hi Thio

I have been following your thread, and I wanted to say I know how you felt about giving up - been there, I can assure you!

I am very pleased that you are going to carry on and do this yourself - the satisfaction at the end will be worth all the anxiety now.

Just as a thought though:

If you delete charges from the spreadsheet, then you lose the interest that had accrued on them. Abbey won't say which charges they are refunding in the GoGW, so the advice here is to leave your spreadsheet exactly as it is, and just show the GoGW as a refund on the bottom, without deducting interest on it.

Its entirely up to you of course, but every penny counts as they say!

Very best regards

Jo xx

• Haha 2

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

had more charges for june totalling £170 abbey said the gogw would clear some charges to come in the section "why we are charging you" they have only put one charge for going over overdraft so i assume gogw cleared the others this is getting complicated which i imagine is abbeys intention so have added all of junes charges on spreadsheet along with the gogw as a refund at the bottom they can sort it out. got letter from richard harris saying he just received details of my complaint sorry they not yet able to resolve my concerns one of his team will look at all the relevant facts review any paperwork and talk to the people involved. they will investigate and reply within 4weeks they do not know the outcome but hope they will be able to find solution i am happy with. wonder if i hold out for the 4 weeks if i will get another gogw i think they will wait till i get overdrawn again and pay me something which is how it will go as cant afford to start court action yet.

ive been told not to delete any charges from spreadsheet so that to me means abbey can decide which charges they are paying off and that might be the earliest charges rather than the recent ones is that not so ?