MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG MacBoy - can't believe how long I've been away from this thread!

I missed all your court stuff :( but you've good company so I don't feel too bad :)

Good to see everyone's still around, Tilly, Kenny, Ja-de, Stoned to name but a few. I'll be keeping a closer eye on proceedings now too.

Did you ever make your way over to the Debt Forum?

Speak soon.

deedee xx

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Deedee:D

Great to see you again - was only wondering about how you were the other day.

Yes, still battling on - currently have a hearing scheduled for next month for the Credit Card account (although only an Application hearing to have their pathetic Defence struck out - see earlier in thread!); and am about to issue proceedings on the Current Account (no real incentive to hurry on this re. the ongoing test case, but I think the box needs to be ticked now).

Have been over to the debt forum and there is indeed some very interesting stuff there. Although I reorganised my finances earlier in the year and am rid of the most onerous debts now, I'm pondering further action against HFX because they are STILL no providing me with a CCA ahead of the hearing(reasonable request seeing as it forms the central/only argument in their Defence!), despite being asked for one in writing three times. I've also been paying through the nose for PPI since 1992 on that card :rolleyes:

Anyway - now you've surfaced again, don't be a stranger ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hi everyone, new member so not sure if im posting in the correct place so please bear with me.

I have a claim on hold with HBOS for bank charges since about June last year and have received the same letter as everyone else saying still on hold. My question is, can i put in another claim for charges imposed since my initial claim?

Thanks for any advice given...

Hey Deedee:D

Great to see you again - was only wondering about how you were the other day.

Yes, still battling on - currently have a hearing scheduled for next month for the Credit Card account (although only an Application hearing to have their pathetic Defence struck out - see earlier in thread!); and am about to issue proceedings on the Current Account (no real incentive to hurry on this re. the ongoing test case, but I think the box needs to be ticked now).

Have been over to the debt forum and there is indeed some very interesting stuff there. Although I reorganised my finances earlier in the year and am rid of the most onerous debts now, I'm pondering further action against HFX because they are STILL no providing me with a CCA ahead of the hearing(reasonable request seeing as it forms the central/only argument in their Defence!), despite being asked for one in writing three times. I've also been paying through the nose for PPI since 1992 on that card :rolleyes:

Anyway - now you've surfaced again, don't be a stranger ;)

Hey MacBoy,

I won't be (a stranger that is)! This is the "fun" I'm having at the moment Notice to Quit served by Local Authority so if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.

Bacpa2 please start your own thread so you don't lost here.;) Go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/ and click the button marked new thread. It's located at the top of the "Threads in Forum" box and at the bottom of this box on the left hand side.

MacBoy what's the situation with the Haliprats credit card? Did you agree to the PPI all those years ago or was it mis-sold to you? If so you can claim it back. Are you still using the card or has it defaulted. Sorry, if I'm going to look back through the thread for the answer as this thread has become as long as Diskmandave's in the Debt Forum Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story It's a great read and proves what numpties the DCA's are!

Tilly it's good to "see" you too. :p

deedee x

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi Deedee

Hope you're keeping well - and thanks for looking in again and taking an interest. With regard to the PPI on the Credit Card contract, it took place a very long time ago - it will be sixteen years ago in one month's time, in fact.

As I recall, I did the proposal over the phone and the copy contract came back with it included - I don't remember requesting it. Even so at the time, PPI was seen as the smart thing to do - we were all so much less financially sophisticated then and blinkered to the grand rip-off that was taking place before our eyes. I was in my view successfully sold by inertia and it must have worked - I'm still paying it now :rolleyes:

However I think HFX are going to have a hard time proving anything, either, as I have been requesting a copy of the original agreement from their Legal Services dept. since April; and they have still not provided it, despite three letters and two calls - one where they promised to provide it.

I seriously doubt they have it and even if they do, it's probably unenforceable. Which is a pity for them, because it forms the central (only!) plank of their awful Defence:

It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to contractual interest as the Claimant has not provided a copy of the contract pursuant to which the interest is claimed and the Claimant has been refunded with interest at the statutory rate as detailed in paragraph 4 above.

My request for a copy has up to now been solely on the basis that if they are saying that I cannot provide a contract, then the obverse must be true: they should be able to provide a contract that says I can't claim CI! :lol:

But if they cannot produce it, or it falls short in any way - well, that may provide other options too :D

The card is still live with a fairly high balance but I'm not using it. they have made their 'gesture' payment onto it despite twice being asked to remove it. It is still there, being eroded by interest.

Kenny/Tilly: Hi! I'm fine and hope you both are, too. I'm sorry I've been a bit remiss of late answering posts. The email notification for subscribed threads has not been working on my account for months, despite asking Webby a couple of times to fix it. If anyone would like to reach me - best to use email, IM or PM.

Keep well all...

Best

Mac :D

PS yes, my thread has become over-long - I keep thinking to ask a mod to prune it, but none of them will speak to me these days LOL. And even if they did, I still enjoy reading the banter when I'm looking through it!

Edited by MacBoy
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Update

Called HFX yesterday to ask where my copy agreement was. Was spoken at by an individual named 'Jamila'. This is one extremely rude young lady who I have dealt with before. When challenged on why:

After receiving first letter requesting a copy of my agreement (10th May), to which she responded by phone on 13th May promising to send a copy of my agreement she still had not provided this

• My subsequent letter requesting a copy of my agreement (15th June), had been ignored

She responded: 'the reason you haven't got your agreement is because I still haven't managed to speak to the right people to get it. I cannot give you a date as to when I will be able to do this'.

I asked for the matter to be escalated. she refused. I asked again, politely. She refused. I insisited a third time that she transferred the call. She put the phone down.

I put a complaint in about her, in which I was told her behaviour would be reported to her line manager, but was suddenly, mysteriously overwhelmed the feeling that this just a load of placatory old b***ocks. I can't think why.

I am seething right now. :mad:

Write to your MP and

Hey Tils - nice to see you! I was beginning to think i was talking to myself these days in here LOL :D

Write to your MP and

still plenty of us watchin !! ;)

PM

• Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Glad to hear it PM ;)

Write to your MP and

• 3 weeks later...

Glad about the court date Mac!! Well done.

See you might want some help tidying up thread- is that still the case- let me know?

Are you responsible for Howards demise- at least that is what we've heard-:-D

Halifax's Howard dropped as recession bites - Telegraph

Catch up later and take care mate!!

Are you responsible for Howards demise- at least that is what we've heard :D

Moi? ;)

Write to your MP and

I've heard he's changing his name to 'Who-ard?' :D:D:D

Write to your MP and

Re the difficulty you were having with notification on post updates.

Not sure if you tried this.

Click post reply on a thread post. Look at additional options- thread subscription and use the drop down box to choose the option you want.

Let me know how you get on.

Hope you are well!:)

I've got a week booked off work in September so I will have a good read of this stupendious thread. Am I correct in my thinking though that you have so far NOT filed against your current account? I was toying with the idea of just filing against the credit card for the time being but reading page 42 I am now considering checking PPI as I owe them more than I would be claiming. Given that I have had a win in the past can I do this?

Hi all

Thanks for the advice kenny. I've tried what you suggested, but the dropdown seems to merely reflect my settings in the user CP. I am still unable to receive updates. I've also raised this with my email provider to see whether the notifications are sitting on their servers.

Sallysas - thanks for your keen interest! Yes you are correct, I haven't filed the Current Account case as yet - but I'm working on it. I'm considering a split between the pre-and-post 6-year elements. I'll document what I decide here.

In other news, I will be going into Court on Thursday to attend the Application Hearing to attempt to have Halifax's Defence struck out in my Credit Card case.

Again, will keep you all posted :D

Write to your MP and

Update

Have this morning received an N434 informing me that HFX will be sending on a sub (DA Piper UK LLP) to do their dirty work for them - namely to try and stop me getting their s***e defence struck out.

Wish me luck .

Write to your MP and

Awwww thanx Tils :D

Write to your MP and

It seems I've stuffed up :roll:. I've had it in my head for weeks now that the case was today - and doing a final document check this morning have just noticed the date on the N24 form (Notice of Claimant's Application) - 22nd August - tomorrow!!!! DOH! :lol:

Just as i was I was pumped up and ready to go as well LOL. Well, I suppose that's what checklists are for and it's a damn sight better than being wrong the other way

So...as you were - same time tomorrow? :grin:

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and