MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh those sound good Money.... :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hello I think I am lost! Am I still in the right place for claiming charges against the Halifax? I've just sent my list of charges off to the bank to claim on two accounts and am feeling rather nervous and unsure of what might happen next. I used a template from the Action Group Website and hope I have used the spreadsheet correctly. Everyone posting on this forum seem to have got their money back. Has anyone heard of any that haven't? and does anyone know anything more about courts staying cases at the moment because of a test case or have I got that wrong?

Hi UKLASS and a big welcome to CAG! You've certainly come to the right place to get everything you need, including spreadsheets and templates; but you'll also find a wealth of other useful information plus some great camaraderie and support!

However, in order to get the best from CAG, you will need to start your own thread. How to do that? Click here and look for the 'New Thread' button. Click that then post away. You'll find pretty soon that you get responses and people will be helping you along your way!

If you're just going back the six years (there is a small but dedicated band of selfless masochists such as myself, who are trying to push the envelope a little and claiming for longer periods :roll:), then the most useful place to start will be the FAQs, Template Library and Guidance Notes where you'll find all the advice and documents needed to support your claim. If you're going back beyond 6 years then I suggest that you also take the time to read this thread.

You'll also find plenty of other sources of information as you trawl the site.

I suggest you use your thread as a place not only to ask questions and have them answered, but also as a sort of diary, as you will find it can be taxing trying to remember dates, times, etc. - which you'll need to be able to recall accurately for any correspondence or Court work.

Take a look at how I've marked certain posts on my thread as either 'Milestones' or 'Updates' - this kind of system could really come in handy as an aide memoire for you, too.

You could also do yourself and the group an immediate favour by clicking the link in blue at the bottom of this post and learning how you can write to your MP and complain about the cosy arrangement between the OFT and the banks to frustrate our claims during the test case. Good luck - and give me a shout if you need anything; and If I or any of my pals don't know the answer, we'll certainly find a Helper or Mod who does!

Best

Mac :D

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hello MacBoy

I've not forgotten you! I've had a mad busy week and my little sister's 18 Birthday Weekend (gosh I'm really starting to feel slightly old) :p. Haven't had a minute to read!

I've never had occasion to have a Notice Hearing discontinued, so I'm just trying to read and find some information for you. If I can't I will admit defeat and let you know.

deedee xxx

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

No problem deedee - you take your time and enjoy your family party - we can catch up in the week ;)

From what I can gather so far I can use a Consent Order - which drops the intended action (as they have now complied), but allows me to keep the hearing scheduled to apply for my costs - still not fully read up this but I think the other side have to agree (which in my mind will be highly likely, as it would probably cost them far more to send representation than to pay the relatively paltry costs I'm asking).

Mac

Write to your MP and

CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A PLATINUM CUSTOMER!!!

party0003.gif

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Cheers :D Great smilies, btw!

Write to your MP and

No problem deedee - you take your time and enjoy your family party - we can catch up in the week ;)

....it would probably cost them far more to send representation than to pay the relatively paltry costs I'm asking.

Mac

Isn't that the truth! They send solicitors and barristers for the smallest of cases whilst we act as litigants-in-person and claim fees for £9.25 per hour. Tip - you are allowed to claim your professional hourly rate, in my case £20-25 per hour (bear that in mind for yourself) :razz:

We'll keep plugging away.

deedee xx

My threads

£9.25 per hour. Tip - you are allowed to claim your professional hourly rate, in my case £20-25 per hour (bear that in mind for yourself)

Interesting... I thought we were restricted to the guideline rate - mines about £30, so that would certainly be a boost from the draft claim I put together :D

Write to your MP and

Interesting... I thought we were restricted to the guideline rate - mines about £30, so that would certainly be a boost from the draft claim I put together :D

There is a caveat to this however, better explained here Litigants in Person: 18 Jan 2007: Written answers (TheyWorkForYou.com) :p

deedee x

My threads

See also Publications - Guidance (paragraphs 38-40)

It's stupid that LIP's have to show a loss but that's the way it is at the moment. Maybe a petition needs to be started with regards to increasing the amount that can be claimed, without having to show a loss to claim more. :mad:

My threads

..upshot of which then, is that it depends how evil and deceptive I am able to portray them as at the hearing! :lol:

Seriously though, cheers for that deedee.. :D

Write to your MP and

Thanks DK - good luck to you too - hope you hear something very soon :D

Write to your MP and

Very well indeed, Tils - and your good self? :D

Write to your MP and

Holiday in the offing, I hear? ;) Where are you off to and when?

Write to your MP and

Thanks MacBoy, I really appreciate the time you spent replying to my cry in the dark. You really shed some light on where to go and what to do. Now if you could tell me how to add an avitar graphic to my profile I may not feel the odd one out!

Seriously you lot sound like a friendly helpful lot and I shall take your advice and go and start a new thread. Do drop in when you can.

Thanks MacBoy, I really appreciate the time you spent replying to my cry in the dark. You really shed some light on where to go and what to do. Now if you could tell me how to add an avitar graphic to my profile I may not feel the odd one out!

Seriously you lot sound like a friendly helpful lot and I shall take your advice and go and start a new thread. Do drop in when you can.

Click on "user CP " at the top of the page scroll down to "edit avatar" and there you go !!. will pop over to your thread soon. regards Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

You're welcome, UKLASS. See Stone's advice above for the avatar graphic - and we hope to see you all dressed up ion your own thread soon!

Regards

Mac :D

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Dominican Republic? Nice one, Trotter - bring us back a stick of......no, er that won't work will it? :lol:

Write to your MP and